Why Princess Charlene did not attend the inauguration of the Netherlands?

Started by marine2109, May 02, 2013, 08:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaFluffs

No.... this was a royal function.  When she became HSH she is expected to take on responsibilities of the role.  Which means that the job comes first.  Passing on this royal function to attend a wedding 'of a close friend' seems fishy to me.

My 'close friends' would have understood my not being there to attend a once-in-a-lifetime coronation w/world royalty in attendance.

Prince Albert looked.... awkward.... IMO

cinrit

I couldn't read the article because when I clicked on the translated link, there was an article about Queen Sofia.  But thinking about duty, even Princess Masako attended the inauguration, and she hadn't been to anything overseas for 11 years.  I'm really trying to understand, but there's something that's just ... odd ... about Albert and Charlene.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

DaFluffs

The translated link above also directed me to an article about Queen Sofia.  So I clicked on the untranslated link and re-Google translated it.

cinrit

Ah ... thanks for the tip, DaFluffs.  I'll do that now. :flower:

Yes, the article is correct ... Princess Masako didn't attend the dinner the night before the inauguration, but she did attend the inauguration itself the next day, smiling and waving to the crowd.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Blue Clover

It does seem odd, considering the representation from all the royal houses.