Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Return Visits to the UK

Started by sara8150, February 10, 2020, 05:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

This article (posted in Anne's forum too) claims that Prince Harry will do a farewell engagement with the Royal Marines next month and that he will be accompanied by  the reported future Honorary Capt General -the Princess Royal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/anne-takes-harrys-marines-role-fqcbpmw0j

QuotePrincess Anne is already associated with 65 military organisations and is often named as one of the hardest-working royals.

Now, after the departure of the Duke of Sussex for Canada, the Princess Royal is in line to become the first female captain-general of the Royal Marines. Anne, 69, is expected to add to her many royal duties when her nephew gives up his military commands in the spring.

Harry is expected to return to Britain next month for a farewell engagement

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 10, 2020, 04:55:45 PM
This article (posted in Anne's forum too) claims that Prince Harry will do a farewell engagement with the Royal Marines next month and that he will be accompanied by  the reported future Honorary Capt General -the Princess Royal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/anne-takes-harrys-marines-role-fqcbpmw0j
That will be a nice transition with warm greetings to both.

wannable

I don't think it will be warm farewell, polite yes. I've never seen anyone with a happy farewell after going full roguish where one eats and lives from the hand that provides.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on February 14, 2020, 05:04:31 PM
The Queen is hoping William and Harry put on 'united front' | Daily Mail Online
Somehow I doubt this is real news from the DM! The Queen wouldn't share this with anyone, though she is probably hoping for it.

Double post auto-merged: February 17, 2020, 04:16:10 AM

Quote from: wannable on February 11, 2020, 01:52:11 AM
I don't think it will be warm farewell, polite yes. I've never seen anyone with a happy farewell after going full roguish where one eats and lives from the hand that provides.
A lot of people, both men and women, are sympathetic to Harry's decision.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 17, 2020, 04:12:32 AM
Somehow I doubt this is real news from the DM! The Queen wouldn't share this with anyone, though she is probably hoping for it.

Double post auto-merged: February 17, 2020, 04:16:10 AM

A lot of people, both men and women, are sympathetic to Harry's decision.

and a lot of people aren't.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 17, 2020, 08:48:15 AM
and a lot of people aren't.
Well, I am certainly NOT sympathetic to the way it was planned, announced and executed. However, he has admitted he has PTSD issues and described them, most recently revealing that he will need to manage this as an ongoing condition. He also felt that he had to protect his wife. I certainly understand his dilemma on those two counts. 

TLLK

^^^I agree with you Princess Cassandra and many of the opinion poll results revealed that those who participated were supportive of why the couple chose to step back from their senior royal duties, but were not in favor of how it was carried out.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 17, 2020, 02:09:16 PM
Well, I am certainly NOT sympathetic to the way it was planned, announced and executed. However, he has admitted he has PTSD issues and described them, most recently revealing that he will need to manage this as an ongoing condition. He also felt that he had to protect his wife. I certainly understand his dilemma on those two counts.
But Harry has been suffering from all this for years, and  yet he took on a full time royal role.  And Meghan came into the RF, took a working princess role and was apparently according to herself "planning to hit the ground running", seemingly very confident and willing to take on the job.. The time to say "we don't think we want this job" was 2 years ago.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 17, 2020, 02:58:03 PM
But Harry has been suffering from all this for years, and  yet he took on a full time royal role.  And Meghan came into the RF, took a working princess role and was apparently according to herself "planning to hit the ground running", seemingly very confident and willing to take on the job.. The time to say "we don't think we want this job" was 2 years ago.
I meant that I am sympathetic to Harry, because older posts show he was considering a huge leap years ago and had discussed it with the PTB. When he met and fell in love with Meghan and she seemed game to immerse herself in royal work I suppose he thought it would be all right, and at that time he thought he had his emotional issues resolved, according to him. In the African interview he notes that it had come back and he realizes he will have to manage it ongoing. That and the negative press Meghan received changed everything. I certainly disagree with the precipitous way they left, just sympathetic to his situation. Also, I am not 100% sympathetic towards Meghan. I think she is smart, energetic and wants to do her part to improve the world and had tons of potential. It all went wrong and quite a bit was her own making. I supported her on this forum, because I thought she would learn how to conduct herself within "The Firm", but she didn't. She wasn't willing to adapt to her new country and the uniqueness of a royal family. I certainly think she has her good points, and if the Queen and the POW love her, that's an important endorsement. But on the basis of her poor judgment and refusal to accept ANY blame, which I have posted on this forum several times, I cannot say I am sympathetic towards her wanting to leave. In her own words she absolved herself of having done anything wrong. I will say that she helped her husband realize that he needed a change. I will definitely give her that. Complex and long winded response, I know, but it is a complex subject. 

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 17, 2020, 05:56:21 PM
I meant that I am sympathetic to Harry, because older posts show he was considering a huge leap years ago and had discussed it with the PTB. When he met and fell in love with Meghan and she seemed game to immerse herself in royal work I suppose he thought it would be all right, and at that time he thought he had his emotional issues resolved, according to him. In the African interview he notes that it had come back and he realizes he will have to manage it ongoing. That and the negative press Meghan received changed everything. I certainly disagree with the precipitous way they left, just sympathetic to his situation. Also, I am not 100% sympathetic towards Meghan. I think she is smart, energetic and wants to do her part to improve the world and had tons of potential. It all went wrong and quite a bit was her own making. I supported her on this forum, because I thought she would learn how to conduct herself within "The Firm", but she didn't. She wasn't willing to adapt to her new country and the uniqueness of a royal family. I certainly think she has her good points, and if the Queen and the POW love her, that's an important endorsement. But on the basis of her poor judgment and refusal to accept ANY blame, which I have posted on this forum several times, I cannot say I am sympathetic towards her wanting to leave. In her own words she absolved herself of having done anything wrong. I will say that she helped her husband realize that he needed a change. I will definitely give her that. Complex and long winded response, I know, but it is a complex subject.
I don't particularly like her and Im not quite sure of her intentions in getting into the royal Job,  DID she as some have said never intend to stay?  Or did she think of it as something you give up if its not going well, if you are not "thriving"? Or just something that she tried and found wasn't quite what she expected.. perhaps partly due to a lackc of knowledge abuot the UK and the RF.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 17, 2020, 06:32:38 PM
I don't particularly like her and Im not quite sure of her intentions in getting into the royal Job,  DID she as some have said never intend to stay?  Or did she think of it as something you give up if its not going well, if you are not "thriving"? Or just something that she tried and found wasn't quite what she expected.. perhaps partly due to a lackc of knowledge abuot the UK and the RF.
I never even considered that she never intended to stay. But I think you may have hit terra firma with your next sentence. She definitely comes from a generation who often give up on things if they don't go well. They were taught from an early age that they were special and to expect instant gratification and often hit the wall when reality sets in. One thing is certain, and that is that she had no idea of what it would be like to live and work within an institution like the RF. What I wonder is: if the tabs didn't gleefully pounce on her, would she have eventually adapted, or would the constraints of the institution proved too much? That all being said, I really do think that she wants to help others and initially saw her role that way.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 18, 2020, 02:51:15 PM
I never even considered that she never intended to stay. But I think you may have hit terra firma with your next sentence. She definitely comes from a generation who often give up on things if they don't go well. They were taught from an early age that they were special and to expect instant gratification and often hit the wall when reality sets in. One thing is certain, and that is that she had no idea of what it would be like to live and work within an institution like the RF. What I wonder is: if the tabs didn't gleefully pounce on her, would she have eventually adapted, or would the constraints of the institution proved too much? That all being said, I really do think that she wants to help others and initially saw her role that way.
There are people who felt that she never really intended to stay at the Royal job..and that she did a year or so at it, to raise her profile and then she wanted herself and harry to "step back" and to become part time royals and part time Money earners.  It does seem as if they were making plans going back some time, to put forward their scheme for being part timers.  And Harry at least should have known that his plan of part time ROyal work, would not be allowed. So it wasn't a very coherent plan... I don't know.  Perhaps Meg did want to stikc it but her attitude was that if it was't going well, she had a back up plan  and she jumped into t hat plan within a short time

Princess Cassandra

Well,  if that is true they must be disappointed as we have just heard they will not be able to use their Sussex Royal brand. TBH I think it would have been wrong to use that brand. But I do think they will be successful and hope they will also be happy.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 19, 2020, 04:46:30 AM
Well,  if that is true they must be disappointed as we have just heard they will not be able to use their Sussex Royal brand. TBH I think it would have been wrong to use that brand. But I do think they will be successful and hope they will also be happy.
I don't know how successful they will be.  Meghan may have some business experience but Harry hasn't.  What is he going to do?  Endorse products?  Give speeches about his mental health?  I think he might not really want to do that, but the alternative is to go on being heavily dependent on Charles and not having the independent income they hoped for. I don't know if he's going to be happy living more or less permanently away from the UK...

Princess Cassandra

At this time he seems happy. It will be interesting to see how their post-royal-work life develops. I am relieved they won't be using their intend Sussex Royal brand, because that would have opened them up to humongous negativity. I hope they understand that the decision is in their own best interest.

TLLK

While it must be disappointing, I tend to believe that the couple likely were advised to have a back up plan in case the Queen determined that the couple's desire to use of the word "royal" was going to be problematic as they embarked on their goal of financial independence.

Double post auto-merged: February 19, 2020, 03:14:40 PM

I don't see them using "H & M" as that is already taken by the retail giant, but it could be simply "Harry and Meghan" or "The Sussexes" for their future foundation.

sandy

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 18, 2020, 04:34:58 PM
There are people who felt that she never really intended to stay at the Royal job..and that she did a year or so at it, to raise her profile and then she wanted herself and harry to "step back" and to become part time royals and part time Money earners.  It does seem as if they were making plans going back some time, to put forward their scheme for being part timers.  And Harry at least should have known that his plan of part time ROyal work, would not be allowed. So it wasn't a very coherent plan... I don't know.  Perhaps Meg did want to stikc it but her attitude was that if it was't going well, she had a back up plan  and she jumped into t hat plan within a short time

It seems to me that for one reason or another I have seen posts and blogs that Meghan is the one who did this and Harry was "passive" It was said that Harry had these same feelings before he even started dating Meghan.

I think she fully intended to work and she was good at it. However, all the disparaging comments even about their baby must have been horrible for them.

I think Harry has a Major Role in the decision and I think some stereotyping goes on about Meghan which I find unfortunate.

wannable

I doubt they had/have a back up plan, the couple invested moneys since October 2018 USA websites, March 2019 PPRR Sunshine Sach, Private Lawyers and UK websites with the Sussex Royal, June 2019 formal requests to patent a very large number of items to commercialize under the Sussex Royal umbrella, everything they money spent was Sussex Royal.  All RR's are reporting the couple have to start from scratch and ''rebrand'' everything they had done to date. 

Their private USA staff are amateur, they did not think the British Royal Family/Monarchy/UK Government work as a FIRM (a company). There is no company in the world that permits outsiders/retired or fired employees to use their labels, brands, registered names, etc. Who does that? crooks.

Meghan takes the blame, because it is all happening as soon as Harry married her. Human reaction.

sandy

When did Meghan take the blame? I never heard that. It did not happen as soon as Harry married her.

What did happen as soon as Harry dated her were the set up of blogs and media comments blogs that started the critics.

They have financial advisers.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on February 19, 2020, 03:42:42 PM
When did Meghan take the blame? I never heard that. It did not happen as soon as Harry married her.

What did happen as soon as Harry dated her were the set up of blogs and media comments blogs that started the critics.

They have financial advisers.

there are blogs because there  are a lot of people who don't like her.  And it seems to me  that their financial advisers and PR people are not up to much.  We shall see how much money they make

wannable

I am explaining 'The human action/reaction goes with the first thought, the crap the couple are going through; the media, bloggers, commentators, social media blame Meghan, when Harry married her. 

Their financial advisers, yesterday was proof that they do not know nothing about the institution of the monarchy and the UK and European governing laws.  Note: I read last night a thorough of laws using Royal, Duchess, etc. from the Gov.uk website, why didn't the American Sussex team read it and consult a UK/European expert? before spending all that money?!

sandy

wannable

How is it a bias? Do you know any adult that has worked for X company, left and is ''still'' using for his/her gain any of the patented or by law company related names? The law clearly states that the illegal use is being a crook, fraud, synonym, jail. 

Entering the next decade, do you really think the Monarchy may bypass the law, do what they want, risk the institution? If the Monarchy (and the government) as I understand the ''Negotiations'' are almost finalized allow Harry and Meghan to use Sussex Royal, it will be a precursor for EVERYONE to use and sell not only the monarchy but any other company name worldwide with no issue, a lawyer can state at court the ''Precedence'', that is what they do, use precedence in every court case for a result.