Royal Visit to Nottingham by The Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by angieuk, May 31, 2012, 05:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaspBerries

They will be able to watch each other. William and Kate on how the Queen and Prince Phillip handle official functions and the Queen can see how William and Kate handle this situation. They should bring out the crowds.

Orchid

The palace machine are certainly using Kate and William as a strong marketing tool for the image and popularity of monarchy during the Jubilee.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

RaspBerries

Trouble is, William and Kate most likely will not be King/Queen consort for decades.

Eri

I don't think William and Kate are being used as anything or that her Majesty needs them to bring in the crowds (roll eyes) he is her heir 2cond in Line to be King of England  not to mention her grandson ( she did the same thing with Bea in York) this is perfectly normal  :shrug:.

snokitty

The Monarchy has been trying to showcase the next generation of royals. It is as if they are getting ready for some type of transition.

Charles is making a lot of decisions lately, it is obvious from the things that are being done. I think it is a mistake to side line the workers in the family. I think they need to bolster the continuation of the Monarchy and the Diamond Jubilee is the perfect time.

I don't think William will reenlist in the Military and we will start seeing a lot more of him and Kate.  :wacko:
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

DayDream

Quote from: Orchid on May 31, 2012, 06:12:07 PM
The palace machine are certainly using Kate and William as a strong marketing tool for the image and popularity of monarchy during the Jubilee.

:goodpost: I feel that the Palace certainly is riding the William and Kate frenzy - and why not milk it while they can?
It'll be nice to see this quartet together. Sometimes William and Kate can seem too celebrity and not enough royal  for me (if that makes any sense!). The Queen certainly has allowed the monarchy to grow and adapt to the times during her reign, I imagine she is hoping William will do the same.

robynrose

I think William is not happy about it but he must likely will not reenlist and be a full time royal . I wish Harry would do an engagement with the Queen .  The Nottingham visit should be interesting

sandy

Quote from: RaspBerries on May 31, 2012, 06:55:41 PM
Trouble is, William and Kate most likely will not be King/Queen consort for decades.

Nobody knows when Will will become King.. Life is unpredictable . He needs to at least be prepared  to take up more royal duties as his grandmother and father age. He is still relatively young and may need to be on call and take up some of the slack.If he has a serious aversion to being a future King he should think hard about his future (does he really want the top job)

FanDianaFancy

Agreed.

FanDianaFancy

Prince William & Duchess Kate: Diamond Jubilee River Pageant! | Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince William, Queen
Diamond Jubliee  River  Pagent
Kate  looks  great  here in  a filler  skirt,  givesher weight, volume.

She  does  what does  which  is  never  put  a foot  wrong  as ya'll  saying goes.  She  palys  it  conservative. Safe  .Safe  in clothes. Safe  in duties. Safe  in  words  or  lack  of  words, speeches.
She  is  on  autopilot.
Boring.
Lazy  royal  in  many  ways.    Careful  is  better word. Easy  job  for  her  for  her life  as  in  just  be there,  supprotive  of  PW  and sometimes, jsut  be. Just  be  and  show  up  , wave. Smile. Accept  flowers .  Take a backseat.
Never  upstage. Stay lowkey.
Take  on  and say, do, wear, everything safe.  Don't  use her  power,  voice,  worldwide stage,  life  of  riches  to  do  or support  anything  unpretty  or new.

snokitty

Every time I have seen Kate appear with the Queen she has tried to draw attention to herself. Today it was by wearing the red dress, everyone else was in pastels.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

sandy

Also Camilla wore almost the same shade as the Queen which I think was a bit on the tacky side.

Jenee

Kate should have a professional to dress her for these occasions. She makes too many fashion faux pas (sp??)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lothwen

Quote from: sandy on June 04, 2012, 01:23:57 AM
Also Camilla wore almost the same shade as the Queen which I think was a bit on the tacky side.

They were similar but I think that looked better
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

NotWaitieKatie

They were similar, but next to Camilla, the Queen stood out in white. Camila was subdued.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

snokitty

I think all of their clothes were suitable for the occasion with the exception of the red dress. Kate was the one trying to take attention away from the Queen.

Windsor

:laugh:

So, the Palace Machine also planned to use the popularity of the York Princesses, and Charles and Camilla too? They too have accompanied The Queen on Royal Visits.  :shrug: :rolleyes:

Windsor

QuoteThe Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh accompanied by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a reception at the Council House, Old Market Square, Nottingham.

Old Market Square, Nottingham : Nottingham City Council

QuoteThe Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh accompanied by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will visit Vernon Park, Vernon Avenue, Basford, Nottingham.

Vernon Park : Nottingham City Council

QuoteThe Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a lunch at the 'Diamond Jubilee Picnic' to mark Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee, Burghley House, Stamford, Lincolnshire.

Burghley House |

Burghley House | Visiting | Visiting_overview

QuoteThe Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will visit Corby East Midlands International Swimming Pool, Parkland Gateway, George Street, Corby, Northamptonshire.

Corby East Midlands International Pool | Corby

QuoteThe Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Corby Cube, George Street, Corby, Northamptonshire.

Jenee

I'm glad to see Kate and William attending engagements with HM and PP. They are a great pair to learn from!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Windsor

angieuk

More rain tomorrow unfortunately.  I am wondering if Philip will be able to go?

emyem

True blue: Kate looks every inch a royal in Missoni as she arrives at Nottingham train station for latest leg of Jubilee tour | Mail Online

Blue again...
I don't like her hat at all, looks like a pancake.
Love the coat, but is half June... is summer! Why is she's wearing a coat??

Actually looks like she gained some weight... slim legs, but her face is a bit chubby

- Double posts merged.  Please use the Modify option if you wish to add/amend post within 15 minutes allowed -  :flower:

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila: