The Prince's Foundation and the Investigation

Started by Curryong, August 30, 2021, 02:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

It's your right to your opinion.  Prince Charles and his charity Trust has been cleared in the past and present.

My last 'general' comment, any further 'detailed' discussion should IMO go to the socialite thread.

Saville: Many famous people liked him, didn't know about his pedo secret life with children at hospitals. Prince Charles being the most famous, hence used by the media.

Fawcett quit, the Met Police pin pointed him 'all over the place'. Cash over access. (A brilliant employee, too ambitious, this was to happen sooner or later)

Qatari Sheikh: Very Middle Eastern to carry loads of cash 2011, still is today for this culture but in a lesser degree. Although I have a Syrian multimillionaire refugee friend, still has that habit of carrying wads (enough to buy a 4x4, which did) of cash. The person (my friend) isn't a offender, criminal or tax evader. (Bank system from 2011 to 2021, the development has improved enourmously) The Sheikh bad deeds discovered later years not during the period of donations 2011-2015.

Bakr and Shafiq Bin Laden: Patriarchs of the Bin Laden Family (or clan) 600 blood related: living between Saudi Arabia, Egypt and UK. 400,000 employees, none of them are terrorists.

TLLK

@wannable-While I am glad that there's not going to be an investigation I do agree with @Curryong that the optics of how these donations were accepted are concerning to me. Cultural differences aside, I don't understand why bags of cash were still being  used in the 21st century rather than an electronic transfer?

wannable

There is cultural differences as I stated.  And they still do.  i.e. 2022 My refugee friend purchases a home (etransfer), then proceeds to a website to get an idea of full purchase of furnitures, goes to the bank gets the cash, goes to the site to see/spends hours the furniture, pays in cash a huge haul (in the literal sense, he took a briefcase of cash).

The future of payments in the Middle East | McKinsey

Despite the region?s digitally savvy population?with smartphone penetration reaching 80 to 90 percent in leading markets?the region has remained heavily dependent on cash.

As I previously said, from 2011 to 2022 lesser degree the Middle Eastern people are getting used to digital transfers, but yet 60% prefer cash.

wannable

Perfectly understandable that people may feel queasy about Charles and his Charity. 

But, I'm here to note some of the cultural understanding that Charles truly has. 

The city of London is known as #1 multicultural hub which has one of the most ethnically diverse populations worldwide today. To understand it, one has to dive deep for many years in London.

Curryong

Charles?s ex aide, Fawcett (the fence) may face prosecution in a cash for Honours case in which he was involved, the Telegraph reports. The police have handed over their files to the Crown Prosecution Services.

King Charles? former aide could face cash for honours charges as police hand file to CPS

TLLK

UK police to take no action after investigation into cash-for-honors allegation at king's charity | AP News

LONDON (AP) ? London police said Monday they would take no action on allegations that people associated with one of King Charles III?s charities offered to help a Saudi billionaire secure a knighthood and British citizenship in return for donations.

The Metropolitan Police Service began an investigation into the matter after the Times of London reported that a longtime aide to Charles had suggested the then-Prince of Wales would support a Saudi citizen?s request for the honors in return for up to 1.5 million pounds ($2 million) in donations to the charity, The Prince?s Foundation.

The department said it reviewed documents provided by the foundation and the newspaper, and consulted with prosecutors before concluding its investigation.

?After careful consideration of the information received as a result of the investigation to date, the Met has concluded that no further action will be taken in this matter,?? police said in a statement.

Charles? representatives had previously said that he wasn?t aware of any offers to bestow honors or expedite citizenship in return for donations to his charities. The palace said it had noted the police decision.

The foundation said in a statement it, too, noted the police decision.

?Following the conclusion of its own independent investigation and governance review last year, the charity is moving forward with a continued focus on delivering the education and training programs for which it has been established,? the foundation said.