The 1995 Panorama Interview and the Investigation into the BBC

Started by Mike, August 31, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Prince William 'believes Diana would never have given Panorama interview without manipulation by Martin Bashir' and is 'frustrated' at BBC's failure to address its 'false narrative'

The Duke of Cambridge  is said to be 'frustrated' and still feels 'a lot of hurt and pain' over the 1995 Panorama interview.

dianab

I like what Harry said about Panorama interview ... though i know it's meghan point of view... 

william talking about a false narrative is simply ridiculous.... he saying how bashir worsened his parents relationship is even more ridiculous!

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: dianab on August 20, 2022, 02:34:19 PM
I like what Harry said about Panorama interview ... though i know it's meghan point of view... 

william talking about a false narrative is simply ridiculous.... he saying how bashir worsened his parents relationship is even more ridiculous!
At that point the relationship most likely could never have been saved, anyway, so I agree it was ridiculous to think the interview made it significantly worse. However, after it aired a separation and divorce were inevitable.  That is probably what he meant.  I can also understand his anger - and he loves both his parents, so it's understandable to me that the unfair picture she painted of his father affected him badly. 

wannable

How much more evidence do people need that Diana was conned by Martin to do the interview, his questions were based on the 'conning' he did to her.  He should be behind bars or home arrest since the BBC is saying he's got a sickness.

Guily as sin, they (BBC) wouldn't be paying out Charles, William, Harry, the Nanny.

Harry want's to cover/save/excuse his own infamous ill advised trashing the family interview, replicating and destroying is very strong.

dianab

He should dislike Penny Junor and Dimbleby for the same reasons... because Bashir didnt make Diana to create lies. As I said i like what Harry said. He respected his mother's words and story....

wannable

He DID.  He lied to her about the Nanny, lied about absolutely everything.  Connect the lying with the questions, conned.

Amabel2

Quote from: dianab on August 20, 2022, 03:00:52 PM
He should dislike Penny Junor and Dimbleby for the same reasons... because Bashir didnt make Diana to create lies. As I said i like what Harry said. He respected his mother's words and story....
yes Bashir did push diana to talk by scaring her and he got her to say wild things by telling her a load of lies, backed up by forgeries. She would not have said the wild things she said about Tiggy, probalby without Bashir lying and tellng her that Ch was having an affair with Tiggy.  William is quite right that the fears and paranoia in Diana were clealry made worse by Bashir pushing her and lying to her, and that they made her more unhappy and made his parents' relationship even worse, because Di was increasingly isolated from the RF and did not trust anyone there....

TLLK

The seven charities that will be receiving donations from the BBC are the late Diana, Princess of Wales former charities. (I would prefer though that it wasn't from the licensing fees that the national broadcaster takes in but rather from Martin Bashir and other BBC producers personal income.)  Prince William has taken over the patronage of one charity, Centrepoint.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 03, 2022, 08:53:54 PM
The seven charities that will be receiving donations from the BBC are the late Diana, Princess of Wales former charities. (I would prefer though that it wasn't from the licensing fees that the national broadcaster takes in but rather from Martin Bashir and other BBC producers personal income.)  Prince William has taken over the patronage of one charity, Centrepoint.

All is well on the BBC donation front. The Corporation announced that the money donated to the seven charities will be coming from its commercial enterprises not from licence fees.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62767708

PrincessOfPeace

"The BBC has spent more than 150,000 pounds of licence-payers' money on a legal battle to keep secret a horde of documents relating to Martin Bashir's notorious interview with Princess Diana"

Prince William dealt fresh blow just hours after Princess Kate returned from hospital | Royal | News | Express.co.uk