They're the new Firm favourites - the Earl and Countess of Wessex

Started by Busavka, June 15, 2012, 02:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busavka

Lucy

I'm happy for the Queen that she enjoys Edward and his family so very much. I know Edward is very close to Philip as well, the only son that is....and they travel together quite a lot, sometimes to Germany to visit Philip's relatives there.
DIANISTA # 1

Blue Clover

Hanna

Of the Queens children I think they are the most likeable couple, so it's a shame they don't get more recognition. The article says they were in the Caribbean for two weeks - I didn't even know they had been - I saw nothing on the news  :o

Molly2101

Quote from: Hanna on June 15, 2012, 10:02:11 PM
Of the Queens children I think they are the most likeable couple, so it's a shame they don't get more recognition. The article says they were in the Caribbean for two weeks - I didn't even know they had been - I saw nothing on the news  :o

It is disappointing that their trip to the Caribbean was not more publicised, it just happened to take place at the same time as Harry's trip.  The Wessexes never seem to attract a lot of media attention, which when it comes to their young children they probably prefer, but when it relates to their tireless work for the Royal family then it must get annoying. 

Lovely article, though the comment about them being more like "brother and sister" bothered me slightly.  What friend would really say that to a press man about their friends relationship?  I can't imagine this quote is verbatim, so I am going to disregard it.  Edward and Sophie, though not openly affectionate in public (they never have been), I have no doubt that they truely care for one another and their marriage will hopefully last.  I think the only time they would ever seperate would be if one of them strayed publically.
"Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangerer. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys."

Sandor

I think that article is very passive-aggressive!   :eyes:

At first it seems complimentary, but I find it laced with negative insinuations.
Like brother and sister?  Not exactly a ringing endorsement of their marriage.

Sophie resenting that she doesn't have a prominent role in the RF, and seizing an opportunity to get one?
Unwilling to get the best medical help for her daughter?

I really think that article is damning with faint praise!  But, we've said before that people see what they want to see, so maybe it is just me?

memememe

:goodpost:

Sandor I agree totally - it is actually a very nasty article prettied up to appear supportive.