The Last Days, Death, Lying in State and Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II Part 2

Started by TLLK, September 16, 2022, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 06, 2022, 12:32:22 PM
She signed off in the morning, died in the afternoon.

Yes, but I?m sure it wasn?t quite as sudden as that. There were pieces of paper going around the Commons in the late morning. Charles was at Balmoral with Anne, not at home at Birkhall. I?m willing to visualise the Queen having a nice leisurely breakfast and settling down to her red boxes at about ten am, then becoming ill some time after that.

However, it?s a bit beyond belief that she worked all morning and then suddenly collapsed after having lunch, and took to her bed and died a couple of hours later, especially when we know that by about 11 am rumours about her state of health had begun to circulate in the Commons.

If you read between the lines of what Princess Anne said about being ?privileged to share the Queen?s last hours? you get a picture of someone fading away gradually in bed, not feeling fine all morning and then just collapsing after the lunchtime salmon was being served, especially as her English based sons and grandson William were alerted shortly after lunchtime that death might not be too far off. Sometimes people pass peacefully after hours of being comatose.

Amabel2

I dont remember exactly but I thought that the note passed to Liz Truss was in the early afternoon. I watched some stuff on the TV and it was clear that the queen was ill and in danger.
I thought that Charles was in his home,. and was preparing for an interview with one of the Bush family. and that was round late morning, Then he got a phone call and had to cancel the interview and rush off to Balmoral?
I'd say the queen was doing her boxes, signed a couple of papers in the morning and hten felt tired and took to her bed.. and her doctor did not expect her to recover.

Curryong

This is what the Fail has to say about the timeline.

The REAL story of how Liz Truss was told the news that shook the world | Daily Mail Online

?When Liz Truss rose to her feet to address the Commons at 11.40am on Thursday, she had known for more than two hours that the Queen was unlikely to survive the day.

The new Prime Minister had been thrashing out the final details of her ?150 billion energy bailout with close aides when she was told by Cabinet Secretary Simon Case that the monarch was gravely ill and it was a ?matter of hours, not days?.?

I distinctly remember reports of pieces of paper being passed around by MPs in the late morning, that is before noon, with news of the Queen?s state of health. Yes, Charles did have to rush off from a Laura Bush interview but that wasn?t the afternoon, and doesn?t mean that the Queen worked all morning and then just became ill in the afternoon, choosing to die after a couple of hours.

An announcement from BP, showing that the Queen did not work through the morning.

At 12:34 p.m. London time, the Twitter account of Britain?s royal family shared a statement from Buckingham Palace. It was 29 words long: ?Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen?s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty?s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.?

wannable

Amabel2

I thought that it was late morning when Charles got a call to summon him to his mother and had to abandon his interview.  Clearly the queen did do a little work that morning, and she must have declined very fast if her doctors thought that her family must be summoned, and the PM advised, before lunchtime.  Im glad that she was well enough to work even for a short time because Im sure that she would like it that way, to do her job as best she could, to the very end.

wannable

Just for an example sake, not 'all' old people are 'completely' invalidated, especially the 'brain', so he (My dad) wasn't at his desk, he was in his death bed, lucid, knowing, he asked me to prepare his last social security benefits payment (in his country of origin) which in the past 3 years was given by his authority/notary in favor to his sister, who lives there! So, the document existed, print with the actual date, sign off. Take to the embassy, which does everything else.

He died that date hours later, the TIME of death signed off by the attending physician (certificate of death) makes the previous signed off document valid as witness, other than I had also the head of the local church, priest, the last rites.  This request by my father who 'knew' he was going going gone.

The only thing I can say about HMQEII is IF and only IF there were no witnesses to have conspiracy theories or doubts, BUT stats usually say old people who die lonely/alone are 1. homeless 2. old folk with no ''assistance'', usually belonging to lower class with no family member (s) living with the person.

The rich have multiple choices...from 12x12 nurses or send to a retirement home.  Dad had the first, very expensive.  Mom IS having since a year ago the first too.

Edit to Add: One makes several checks in favor of i.e. the Church, the Priest stays long hours, for the reason of seeing death multiple times, he also knew by signaling me that yes he's leaving today to heaven.  The physician, usually rich families or upper middle class HAVE a family physician who will also stay for as long needed, it is not a 'touch and go' situation, perhaps keeping the physician interests happy too! Just saying! That is life.   The Church is trained, the telephone assistant asked Me 'who should I announce', once I said WHO I was, she came back and said the ''head'' of the church is going.  The old ladies who pray daily at the Church, friends of my Mom told me that the 'regular' goers who ''help'' the church have this benefit, everyone else the Junior Priest.

wannable

My last post about this issue and related to a 101 for those who have old folk.

Dad died at 95, since 92 he decided on 1 person for the ''intimate family only' admin work, me, it's a first, one goes around, visiting embassy, finding out the 'know hows' etc. So for example at 92 the embassy told me: 1 lump sum authorization from 65 years old to 92 in favor of dad's sister. Cost USD 150. Every other social security benefit authorization, do it every 4  months from the past, IOW i.e. Jan Feb March and April, bring the authorization 1st May, USD 150. So basically 4 times a year I paid USD 150 for the embassy to process the document, they did everything for that modicum sum..they notarize it with red ribbon, red seal, blue stamp, send it to my dad's country of origin, to the SS offices, notify my aunt so she can go and cash in, my aunt would text me with  :cloud9: emojis, dad happy charity, aunt happy giving it away to the poor. Nobody in my family argued this, no drama, no issues, it's a just in case, because not all families are peace and love. Then I did with the lawyers the messenger girl stuff so they won't charge transportation here and there to several gov offices, photocopies, etc etc etc. Lawyers charge every single bit, if the family can do some or all of the bits, better.  I learned a lot, the latter (tax thing) is a nightmare!  :hehe:

I FEEL Princess Anne has a lot to do with the intimate family only stuff at that high level. Just a feeling, discuss if you wish.  I'm out and over.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 06, 2022, 12:32:22 PM
She signed off in the morning, died in the afternoon.

After posting the Gazetted info yesterday I was intrigued by the Queen working on her red boxes on the last morning of her life. I was not questioning whether she really had done so or not. I knew that the PM and most of Parliament knew by late morning that there were only hours to go, and I believe that she was very ill and in bed by before lunch. Regardless of your dad, and I?m glad that he was compos mentis enough to issue instructions to you re family matters, that does not mean that all elderly people are similar to him when they pass.

It?s clear from the BP despatch that the doctors on hand were keeping a very close watch on the Queen from the morning. Anne and the  Queen?s PS probably saw that she was failing by about 11am and called in her medical staff. Very soon afterwards Charles, then the PM etc were informed. As the Queen did not die until after 3pm in the afternoon that certainly, to me, signals that it became a fading away procedure with Anne and Charles present for much of the time.

That is very different from a bald ?She signed off in the morning, died in the afternoon.?

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 06, 2022, 09:51:20 PM
I do not understand what is the issue then.

Sorry but you made it seem by your statement that it was all perfectly simple ie the Queen kept at her desk signing off in the morning as usual and then just died in the afternoon. It?s pretty clear in fact that what happened was a slow deterioration in her condition from quite early on with doctors keeping a very close eye on the Queen from at least 9:30am, or there wouldn?t have been all that flurry in Westminster well before noon.

wannable

I misunderstood  :sarcastic:

I thought some were thinking it to be unusual. It is not.

sara8150

Quotesenior minister has been accused of sending threatening and abusive messages to a colleague after he failed to receive an invitation to Queen Elizabeth II?s state funeral.

Sir Gavin Williamson, minister for the Cabinet Office, is being investigated over the text messages which were sent to Wendy Morton who served as Chief Whip under Liz Truss.

Messages published in The Times following an investigation by Tortoise appear to show Sir Gavin telling the Chief Whip that ?there is a price for everything?.

Mrs Morton is understood to have made a formal complaint, with The Times reporting that Prime Minister Rishi Sunak knew of the allegations before he went on to appoint him to a ministerial position.

The text messages show that Sir Gavin, who once himself served as Chief Whip, was told that places to attend the funeral were ?extremely limited.?

Sir Gavin replied, saying: ?Well let?s see how many more times you f*** us over. There is a price for everything.?

Responding to the allegations on Friday evening, Sir Gavin said: ?I of course regret getting frustrated about the way colleagues and I felt we were being treated. I?m happy to speak with Wendy, and I hope to work positively with her in the future as I have in the past.?

Prior to being appointed as a minister by Rishi Sunak, Sir Gavin was sacked from government on two occasions.

Theresa May forced him to step down as Defence Secretary following national security concerns surrounding a leak, and Boris Johnson sacked him as Education Secretary following controversy over examination results.
Government minister accused of sending threatening & abusive messages after NOT being invited to Queen?s funeral ? Royal Central

Will not happened again when monarchy died please stay topics and stay thread on HM Queen Elizabeth II?s funeral thread and lying in state update news

Curryong

Too much of that sort of bullying and throwing one?s weight around within the Tory Party in the past from these middle aged old boy networks. Imagine getting into that sort of a temper over not being invited to a funeral, especially when it was made clear that seating would be limited!

Nightowl

We here in the states even had that, Trump threw a fit because it was reported he did not also get an invite to HM's funeral and Biden did......go figure, egos out of control as usual with these ole idiotic men, nothing new just the same ole same ole as usual with them. 
They all need to be *Fired* from any political office they hold to never be returned again.

Amabel2

what evidence is there that Trump threw  a fit? IM not saying it did not happen, but I'd be interested to know what the source is for this.

wannable

When voting comes to question, I'm center right or center left with 'candidates'. After clearing that up, if one decides to be unbiased, Trump wasn't orange with anger or any similar synonym because he wasn't invited.

Ex presidents Trump, Obama, Carter and probably others I've missed went to a Memorial for HMQEII in Washington D.C.

When the Queen passed away, all the mentioned made wonderful statements about her.  Trump was pre/post ranting about his issues with the FBI. Extreme left Democractic media sites were creating he is angry, mad for an 'uninvite'' with no evidence.

Amabel2

sorry not clear what you are saying?  was he ranting about not being invited to the Queen's funeral or not?

Amabel2

Its funny how one forgets things, but although i had the TV on during the day the queen died ( I dont usually as Im not all that well and try to keep my mind occupied iwht relatively cheerful topics), but I had thought that I saw a note being passed ot LIz Truss in parliament in the early afternoon.. though I suppose that may not have been the first note she got abt the queen.  ALso I thought that Charles had been not at Birkhall but in Edinburgh, doing this interview wiht Laura Bush, and around late morning, 11.30 or 12 he had been called away to take an urgent phone call and then, around lunchtime had flown back to Balmoral to his mother's deathbed.

sara8150

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on November 07, 2022, 05:35:00 AM
Too much of that sort of bullying and throwing one?s weight around within the Tory Party in the past from these middle aged old boy networks. Imagine getting into that sort of a temper over not being invited to a funeral, especially when it was made clear that seating would be limited!

Yes

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on November 07, 2022, 12:23:50 PM
When voting comes to question, I'm center right or center left with 'candidates'. After clearing that up, if one decides to be unbiased, Trump wasn't orange with anger or any similar synonym because he wasn't invited.

Ex presidents Trump, Obama, Carter and probably others I've missed went to a Memorial for HMQEII in Washington D.C.

When the Queen passed away, all the mentioned made wonderful statements about her.  Trump was pre/post ranting about his issues with the FBI. Extreme left Democractic media sites were creating he is angry, mad for an 'uninvite'' with no evidence.

Former President Clinton,Trump,Obama and Bush not invite to HMQE?s funeral in London due seat limited only world leaders and European royals on the list so former President attend memorial service in Washington DC

Yes Trump had trouble with laws but include with his house in Florida but he had attorney present or his counselor present I don?t like him!! I will not vote him ever!! But in 2021 what happened in January 6,2021 breaking enter government for either Biden or Trump but Trump supporters got jailed for one years but due former president trump?s investigations January 6,2021 committed not over!! Include FBI agents tell all and his worker also tell all on what happened day of January 6,2021 and also included election results of fraud but state throw it Biden is president!! Trump is loser!!

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on November 07, 2022, 09:18:29 AM
We here in the states even had that, Trump threw a fit because it was reported he did not also get an invite to HM's funeral and Biden did......go figure, egos out of control as usual with these ole idiotic men, nothing new just the same ole same ole as usual with them. 
They all need to be *Fired* from any political office they hold to never be returned again.

Former President Trump always fired one day!!

Curryong

Quote from: Curryong on November 07, 2022, 05:35:00 AM

Well, thank heavens he?s gone. The British Cabinet Minister who stamped his feet and threw threats around to a female Whip and others in the UK Parliament because he wasn?t invited to the Queen?s funeral, has resigned his portfolio due to widespread criticism of his behaviour.

British minister facing bullying allegations resigns - Japan Today

TLLK

The first statue of the late QEII has been unveiled by KCIII in the city of York.

Royal Central on Instagram: "The first statue of Queen Elizabeth II to be unveiled after her death is now in position at York Minster. The statue, by

Quotehe first statue of Queen Elizabeth II to be unveiled after her death is now in position at York Minster.

The statue, by Richard Bossons, is on the front the ancient Minster and was originally commissioned to mark the Platinum Jubilee. It was completed in August, just weeks before the death of Queen Elizabeth II>

It was unveiled by King Charles III, who was in York with Queen Camilla.