Main Menu

RIF's 10th Anniversary!!

Started by Jenee, January 31, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Yup, still in NY. Glad you made it out before the snow storm! NYC has had quite a bit of bad weather this year. I'd be nervous to plan any travel through that area until summer!!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Windsor

Nervous? Bah!! A tone of snow to play with, who cares about not being able to travel, right?  :happy:

mediastar

It was a tough decision. Madrid airport/Iberia keep going on strike, Miami is a dreadful airport and United/Newark was the cheapest.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Jenee

Having been stranded due to bad weather several times, it isn't as fun as you make it seem Winnie. :(

kasper

Wow. I can't believe this site is still up. Somehow I managed to stumble across it 10 yrs since I started following it. Bizarre! I can't believe the forum awards is still going on. We made it as a joke 10 yrs ago - something to do with cheese. I don't remember the whole story. Glad I can recognize a name or two (mainly mediastar...haha). I hope everyone is doing great. 10 yrs is a long time. Lots of changes for sure. Congrats!

Jenee

Kasper, my a blast from the past :lol: Welcome back!

mediastar

Hey kasper! Great to see your post. Where are you now?

For everyone else on the forum, kasper was the forum's first star member right at the start. If it wasn't for her the forum wouldn't be here now.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Jenee

Good to know!  I think kasper was here when I first joined, but perhaps only briefly. I definitely recognized the name!

kasper

You're too kind mediastar but I can't take all that credit. I was reading the first post about the hx of the forum and I had to laugh at myself. I've been a member for so long that I remember when the forum was magenta and gray! Lol. That's "old school" forum.

As for where I am now - geographically, I never left. I'm still residing in the great state of Texas. However, college degree, profession, love, marriage and children have all been some of the few changes in the last decade. I guess I met my own Prince Charming and am now living my own fairy tale.

Windsor

Wow! Welcome back kasper!!! I am glad to hear again from you. A lot has changed in the past decade, very good news on your fairy tale!!  :clap: :happy20:

mediastar

Glad to hear that there are fairy tales in Texas as well as Germany!

And congratulation to your husband! A guy that I went to school with went to live in Texas. He got himself a job with Halliburton, a Texas, well a mid-Atlantic accent and boots with spurs coming out the back. He then got a nice big house and a ranch. Then he got some cattle. I think they were from the next door ranch and he allowed them to come across and graze. Then he found himself a nice Texan girl and asked her to marry him. She said he would have to come to her parents' home and ask permission from her father. So he went over and asked her dad for permission and he said no. Respect!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Jenee

WOW

That's horrible! I think if I were the girl, I'd still marry the guy especially if I loved him and felt in my heart that he was the one. How could a dad say no?!

mediastar

Very strange. I've never heard of anyone else where the same thing happened. He did marry another girl from Texas though!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)