Prince Andrew Birthdays, Anniversaries and other pesonal milestones

Started by sara8150, November 24, 2019, 03:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Queen cancels Prince Andrew's 60th birthday party in new blow for shamed royal - Mirror Online

Queen cancels Prince Andrew's 60th birthday party | Daily Mail Online

The Queen cancels Prince Andrew?s 60th birthday party ? Royal Central

Wake up call and due of Jeffrey Epstein?s investigative scandal and bbc interview shocking bomb interview still going no big party for Duke of York just low profile per HM Queen?s decisions

Blue Clover

It was canceled because it would have been highly inappropriate to have a blowout birthday bash during a scandal of this magnitude.

Curryong

Pretty ignorant article actually. Maybe this person has lived in the US for too long. Maybe she's never bothered to check.

However, how can the Queen 'fire' her two grandchildren when they don't get any money from the Sovereign Grant as they aren't working Royals, and only get money from the Queen's Privy Purse indirectly through Andrew's allowance that is paid to him. So she's proposing to fire people who aren't even on the payroll 99% of the time.

She states that Charles's sons are needed (and they are mostly supported through Duchy money) and then contradicts herself by saying that the Sussexes should be culled. And how exactly does she expect the BRF to cover engagements and tours in the future with one couple in their late thirties, a woman in her 90s on the Throne, the heir and his wife in their seventies, and most of the Quern's cousins in their 80s and ready for retirement? Even Anne is almost 70.

And she dismisses most Royal engagements as 'opening garden fetes.' What??

Does she even know what the BRF does? Has she ever seen a Court Circular? Ridiculous and uninformed!

Blue Clover

It is interesting to see that Prince William was part of the decision to remove Andrew from his duties. It seems like other members of the family saw Andrew's true colors and so they were not a "huge fan."

Prince William is 'not a huge fan' of his uncle Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online

FanDianaFancy

True Curry.
But the ? firing? has some merit to it.
Bea and Eug are very good, scandal free, decent, lovely girls. Where do they live?
They need private housing.
They do have aspccesscyo Royal Lodge to live and Sarah lives there , some agreement states Andrew has the place for life. Even if he passes away, then , I think they have it. I just read the link on another site.
Bea and Eug  get all the financial discussions aimed at them because of HRH, Princess, Andrew, and Sarah. It is not fair to them.
What good should come out of this is to re- evaluate  Andrews income, living expenses and places, total future.

This scandal of his is not fun, funny, can be eased with time like Squillgy , Tampongate, ewwwww.

My opinion.

The girls need their own marital, independent  homes.
A home like Poppas and I know she is not a royal. Just using her as an example.

The girls don?t have RPOs. They don?t have official duties on behalf of The Monarch. They really live rather quiet. Respectful.

Andrew has St.James Palace and Royal Lodge at Windsor.

He no longer has offices at BP.
Should his living places be downsized? Yes.

St. James Palace. Give it to the British govt to keep, upkeeps, if it is not already part of that, but give it fir govt to use.

Rent out Royal Lodge as Anmer Hall was rented out to some aristos ,etc. during the 1980s.

I don?t know. Andrews forever downfall can be be made in a positive turning point for the girls.

A single family , independent , real home, estate, like SophieEdwards.
This is something independent and can be passed down to the girls.

sandy

I think he probably would get a family party but not be in the mood to celebrate.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Blue Clover on November 24, 2019, 03:16:49 AM
It was canceled because it would have been highly inappropriate to have a blowout birthday bash during a scandal of this magnitude.
I feel like good decisions are starting to be made.

SophieChloe

So is he still 59?  I'm joshing of course.  But he is a grown man and his Mum was organising a party.  Purleese?.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Liverpool Council will not fly flag to mark Prince Andrew's birthday - Liverpool Echo

QuoteMayor Joe Anderson has made it clear that Liverpool Council will not be flying the Union Jack flag to mark the birthday of Prince Andrew.

The city leader was responding to reports that councils around the country have been ordered to fly the flag from town hall buildings on February 19 to mark the Duke of York's 60th birthday.

Councils have received an email from government telling them to mark the occasion - despite the Queen cancelling the formal celebration for her son's birthday following his disastrous Newsnight appearance.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Princess Cassandra

LouisFerdinand

Have the bells of Westminster Abbey rung each and every year for Prince Andrew's birthday?

sara8150

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on February 11, 2020, 12:14:28 AM
Have the bells of Westminster Abbey rung each and every year for Prince Andrew's birthday?

I don?t think so!! But Andrew?s birthday will have low profiles no ring bell at Westminster Abbey

Curryong

Bells are rung each year at WA for the sovereign, their consort, each of the monarch's children, (and that includes Andrew,) and the Cambridge family. It doesn't appear to have changed this year.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on February 12, 2020, 03:39:22 AM
Bells are rung each year at WA for the sovereign, their consort, each of the monarch's children, (and that includes Andrew,) and the Cambridge family. It doesn't appear to have changed this year.

You?re right about that,@Curryong

WA have special rung like weddings anniversary,birthday,birth of baby,death and lastly rung for sovereign longest reigning

Double post auto-merged: February 13, 2020, 07:22:18 PM

How the Queen will be spending Prince Andrew's 60th birthday - details | HELLO!

sandy

Why would Meghan and Harry attend Prince Andrew's BIrthday? I doubt Kate and William are attending.

Curryong

Yes, Andrew's siblings maybe, his children and parents. Perhaps Fergie, if Philip isn't present, plus a non-controversial close friend or two. I doubt that other nieces and nephews are attending, Louise, Zara, Peter etc. It's a long way to go for a birthday party and Andrew and Harry aren't particularly close.

Princess Cassandra

sara8150

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: The fizz goes out of Prince Andrew's 60th birthday | Daily Mail Online
I dont know how much people will attend his birthday we have wait and see but family only due scandal investigation still going on