The King's Trust and Foundation News

Started by TLLK, March 11, 2020, 10:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

^Very true. So many sad and disappointing events, but there?s always some good in the world?no matter how dire things get.

wannable

I didn't even know he had a Prince's Trust International.

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail
NEW
His Majesty The King has been asked to be kept fully up to date on the situation regarding the #Titanic sub and his thoughts and prayers are with the Dawood family and all those involved in this incident and the attempted recovery operations, I am told.

Shahzada Dawood and his son, Salaiman are among the missing. Mr Dawood is a longtime supporter of The Prince's Trust International and The British Asian Trust.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 20, 2023, 07:33:37 PM
Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail
NEW
His Majesty The King has been asked to be kept fully up to date on the situation regarding the #Titanic sub and his thoughts and prayers are with the Dawood family and all those involved in this incident and the attempted recovery operations, I am told.

Shahzada Dawood and his son, Salaiman are among the missing. Mr Dawood is a longtime supporter of The Prince's Trust International and The British Asian Trust.

I think those poor people are doomed, unfortunately, short of a mega-miracle. That was a very large object to go into and explore a very fragile wreck lying so many metres down military rescue subs are not able to get to it. When I read about the proposed expedition over a week ago I didn't think it was a very good idea, anyway.

It?s often forgotten I think, that this tragic vessel was the grave and last resting place of many hundreds of its passengers, and therefore IMO ought to be left alone, not treated like a tourist attraction, romantic though that notion is, superficially.

wannable

Ufff very sad, still holding hope with the 3 vessels that can save the sub. 24 hours oxygen left as I type.

wannable

'Debris field' discovered in search for Titanic sub contains its 'rear cover and landing frame' which indicates 'catastrophic implosion', say experts
US Coast Guard will host a press conference at 3pm EST to discuss the 'findings' of the ROV sub
World had been praying for a miracle after oxygen on board 21ft vessel 'ran out' at 7.08am EST (12.08pm UK)
Five men were locked inside the Titan on Sunday when it submerged to view the famous shipwreck
Their families are irate that it took the Titan's mothership eight hours to report it missing to the Coast Guard

By MARTIN ROBINSON, CHIEF REPORTER and RORY TINGLE and DARREN BOYLE and JEN SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:56 BST, 22 June 2023 | UPDATED: 18:25 BST, 22 June 2023
DAILY MAIL

TLLK

I'm so very sorry to read this update as I'd hoped that there might be a miracle.

wannable

HistoryGirl2

If I?m being completely honest, before this tragedy, I wasn?t even aware there were commercial tours available to go see the Titanic wreckage.

wannable

Bodies of five Titanic sub crew may never be found due to 'unforgiving' ocean: Coast Guard says men died instantly in 'catastrophic implosion' that shattered pressure hull BEFORE 'banging' sounds were detected by rescue planes
Five major pieces of debris from the Titan sub - including the main body of its hull - have been found
The men inside likely died instantly in an implosion that would have created a 'broadband', underwater boom
Fragments of shattered sub found 500 meters (1,600ft) from Titanic bow in 'clear' patch of ocean bed

By JEN SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and MARTIN ROBINSON CHIEF REPORTER and RORY TINGLE, HOME AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT
PUBLISHED: 16:56 BST, 22 June 2023 | UPDATED: 20:49 BST, 22 June 2023
DAILY MAIL

^ The died instantly, no suffering, may these adventurers rest in peace.

sara8150

Curryong

This awful discovery happened in the middle of the night here in Aus, so I?ve only just heard it. Then all I can say is, Thank God for their quick, probably instant, deaths. Better that than lingering for days not knowing whether you are going to be saved. Perhaps now, all these tourist trips down to the wreck of the Titanic will cease. It?s already a place of long ago doom and death. Now just let it be!

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on June 22, 2023, 08:18:17 PM
This awful discovery happened in the middle of the night here in Aus, so I?ve only just heard it. Then all I can say is, Thank God for their quick, probably instant, deaths. Better that than lingering for days not knowing whether you are going to be saved. Perhaps now, all these tourist trips down to the wreck of the Titanic will cease. It?s already a place of long ago doom and death. Now just let it be!

Yes not back to April 15,1912 when titanic famous sink boat and this boat got over 100 years its 111 years

Titanic - Wikipedia

Sinking of the Titanic - Wikipedia

The Titanic: Sinking & Facts

RMS Titanic facts | Royal Museums Greenwich

R.M.S Titanic - History and Significance | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
When titanic boat got striking by iceberg and got hit!! But captain and crew got shake when iceberg got hit

Curryong

That was quite quick work! Some debris from the sub is now back on land, having been recovered from the ocean floor. Authorities in Canada and elsewhere can now commence inquiries with some physical evidence.

Debris from implosion of Titanic-bound submersible returned to land - Japan Today

Curryong

With an implosion, ghastly as it is to discuss, these wouldn?t be recognisable human remains as we know them (such as Julian Sands remains recently found on Mt Baldy, US) but merely jelly-like substances.

TLLK

It's just awful but hopefully it was over with very quickly.

wannable

I don't know where to put this news, but I guess this thread would be the most appropriate. (I didn't know he had a ''farming charity'', I thought the only farming was when he was the POW for DOC, and since Sept 22 the DOL and the private properties of Sandringham and Balmoral, but here we are)

King Charles rebrands farming charity
''We are incredibly proud that The King has now chosen to signal his enduring commitment to rural communities and farming families by honouring us with a change of name"

King Charles alongside Heather Hancock, chair of trustees at the Royal Countryside Fund, to reveal the new name of the King's farming charity

King Charles rebrands farming charity | Farm News | Farmers Guardian

wannable

The middle easterns do not know what else to do with their money.

The cash to access with royalty, footballers  - which is working - their local A football clubs with high paid imported figures is also making not only these teams figure in the international landscape but also TV rankings (a football fan will watch) and soon TENNIS - gasp both ATP/WTA. Offering 1 Billion yearly here, there, everywhere to individuals, teams, organizations, you name it - tells the story of shedloads of shedloads of money.  ETA: Oh and the Formula 1, boy have they netted.   The thing is IF the West (Nato) want to keep their western allegiances intact, they have to produce themselves that kind of money to help and trickle down to the western citizens. Times have changed quite a lot (as per my comments related to India purchasing oil from RU, countries accepting China with cooperations with a win win, the Middle East entering the scene as third players). This has to do with survival and thriving rather than morals/morality from as recent as 10 years ago (from the Western civilization).

wannable

I prefer to be open and upfront with accepting moneys from the Middle East, it's a theme in the West.  Especially public figures or mainstream media ''faking morality'' to trigger a sentiment in the population, sometimes it works (I have examples) to doesn't work (I also have examples), not the thread though, just wanted to tell my point, with one very easy example or two:

Football: one imported highly paid, trickles his knowledge to the Middle Eastern footballers, all of a sudden a crap team is winning not only in their ''region'' but at international competitions.

Formula 1: positions in both F1 and FIA with Middle Easterners, moneys distributed, each driver has a team behind it, approx each team has 1200 employees that receive employment, that is 1200 x 10  teamsx the F1/Fia structure x extra peoples loads of them = loads of families receiving income.  Replicate this example to everything I've said geopolitical from India purchasing oil for the survival of their people (many other country examples too) to the Princes Trust doing good works undeniably.