After that £1m palace refit Kate hates the colour scheme.

Started by Princessinwaiting, March 05, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princessinwaiting

Despite spending more than £1 million of taxpayers' money on making their Kensington Palace home fit for two future kings, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are embarking on yet another programme of decoration.
As someone who is a interior design junkie the paint colour should be picked last after the furniture and the fabric is selected only then the paint colour should be finalised or else it just looks icky :vday4:
Kate, who gave birth to Prince George last July, is understood to have sought help from a flamboyant designer after becoming dissatisfied with the colour scheme she planned while pregnant.

'She tried to do the revamp cheaply with the builders who did the kitchen, and she got Dulux paints to match the Farrow & Ball colour palette to save money,' I'm told. 'But she wasn't happy with the result, and one room came out with a horrible, unexpected purple tinge. She's blaming it on her hormones before the birth.'

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge hates colour scheme of Kensington Palace | Mail Online

:lol: hormones  :happycry: poor kate .why is she hiring a architect to do interior design  :hmm: About Us | Ben Pentreath Ltd  she needs to hire nicky haslam or someone in the interior design , architectural design circuit who can appropriately do the interiors this isn't a architects job.
As an design junkie the paint colour should be picked last , she probably picked it first .

TLLK

Those paint swatches and small test sections can be so misleading. Oh well it's time to get out the painting supplies Kate.  :teehee:

SophieChloe

She is very good at spending other peoples money  :Lothwen:   

The comments that are being allowed through are scathing....dread to think what the other comments are like. 

People are waking up to her and William - IMO.  Good.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

No more scathing comments than usual, really.  Places like media boards are good places to take out one's frustrations. :thumbsup:  I find that I do it, myself ... not on media boards, but I do talk back to the television, which is the same situation ... comment on people who can't comment back.  When I think someone is being unreasonable in their remarks about a house they're considering buying on HGTV, I let them know in no uncertain terms what I think of their rudeness. :lol:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

SophieChloe

:lol:  I love a drive/walk out in the Wintertime so I can see into houses without being caught. 
If they want shagpile carpet and striped wallpaper one minute and redecorate it the next, so be it.

However, William and Kate are Public Servants - without the working involved.

54 comments (or so) - they are definitely moderating the comments and even those being allowed through are very telling. 

cinrit

^^ But my point wasn't whether or not someone wants to change something in a house they buy.  That's their prerogative, obviously, to do whatever they want with their new home.  My point was the snarky comments that they make about the current owner's taste.  Same with comments in media boards.  It's one thing to say someone wouldn't choose to repaint so soon after a major redo.  It's another thing to say how dare someone else do something with their own home in their own life.

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on March 05, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
No more scathing comments than usual, really.  Places like media boards are good places to take out one's frustrations. :thumbsup:  I find that I do it, myself ... not on media boards, but I do talk back to the television, which is the same situation ... comment on people who can't comment back.  When I think someone is being unreasonable in their remarks about a house they're considering buying on HGTV, I let them know in no uncertain terms what I think of their rudeness. :lol:

Cindy
LOL my husband "swears" he never watches HGTV's House Hunters but he's always making comments. "Yeah right you HAVE to have granite." or "They're only paying $200,000 for a 2,000 sqft house??"  (We live overpriced SoCal.)

Limabeany

She does little else so she might as well entertain herself having babies and redecorating her Palaces. Her father in law can afford it.  :Jen:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

^^ Base as it may sound, providing an heir and a spare (or more) is part of her "job" within the Royal Family. 

Quote from: TLLK on March 05, 2014, 09:49:39 PM
LOL my husband "swears" he never watches HGTV's House Hunters but he's always making comments. "Yeah right you HAVE to have granite." or "They're only paying $200,000 for a 2,000 sqft house??"  (We live overpriced SoCal.) 

Off-topic, but quickly ... I've wondered the same thing, TLLK.  I live in the Deep South, where housing is pretty affordable, and still I wonder about the prices on those magnificent houses they show. 

Cindy

Limabeany

So she only performs the part of her job that involves sleeping with her husband... Wow! You cannot get more base than that!  :Jen:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

And she provided the BRF with an absolutely adorable chubby cheeker.  :blowkiss:

Thinking about that "base job", I feel badly for those royal brides of the past who lost their spouses and/or their heads because they could not provide a healthy male heir.  :no: The  Japanese Imperial Household Agency seems to be more than ready to continue that way of thinking IMVHO.

Limabeany

Woman sleeps with man and is celebrated and excused from any type of work because she gets pregnant... Unbelievable! :Jen:

FanDianaFancy

And back to the house, I mean palace, I mean one of her two palaces'. This one is the  KP  one.
The other is  AHall and hopefully she  picked  all other things out first and paint as  last on the list.
Unless  all rooms  are  eggshell, off white, cream, or some  easy  color like this thqat can serve as a  primer  before a  deeper color  is  painted. Many people do that.
Oh my, waht  a  problme  for the Princess!
What shall she do? How can she live  with  lavendar  -purple  sort of colored  walls?
Oh no!!!

To those who are AYINg their own money  on HGTV for their  home remolding  , fine!  repaint  every  6 months if  you wish.

For  the  D/Dof Cambridge, this is  NOT  a  good story  to  have  out there. If this story  is all true, it  is a  huge waste  of  money  on her  part.

If this story is all true, she can and will  all wallls  , whatever walls  repainted  ASAP. Case closed.  Who is  going to  say  no or  check her on this? No one!!

cinrit

Quote from: Limabeany on March 06, 2014, 02:28:32 AM
So she only performs the part of her job that involves sleeping with her husband... Wow! You cannot get more base than that!  :Jen:

What's base about sleeping with your husband?  I suspect the vast majority of wives do it. :happy:

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on March 06, 2014, 03:32:16 AM
To those who are AYINg their own money  on HGTV for their  home remolding  , fine!  repaint  every  6 months if  you wish.

Never worry, HGTV pays for that.

Quote from: FanDianaFancyFor  the  D/Dof Cambridge, this is  NOT  a  good story  to  have  out there. If this story  is all true, it  is a  huge waste  of  money  on her  part.

If this story is all true, she can and will  all wallls  , whatever walls  repainted  ASAP. Case closed.  Who is  going to  say  no or  check her on this? No one!! 

Painting walls is about the most inexpensive way to redecorate.  And since the Royal Family is paying for this, I don't know why anyone should be upset.  It's a family thing.  Such a fuss over a woman painting the walls of her home.

Cindy

Limabeany

Perhaps the majority of women you know do nothing but
Be available for their husbands and do their hair, we move in very different circles.

cinrit

The majority of women I know do have their hair done at least occasionally, and probably are available for their husbands (as their husbands are available for them).  I see nothing wrong with either.  Other than that, the majority of women I know don't have much in common with the Duchess of Cambridge, since they're not connected to the Royal Family in any way.

Cindy

Limabeany

cinrit

I know that.  I was responding that no, the majority of women I know do not "do nothing but".

Cindy

Limabeany

Only Kate...  :happy15: :happy15: Oh, wait, she plays with the baby too!  :Jen:

FanDianaFancy

And so the story  is  one room.
Well one room in KP  could  be very large with  crown moldings, cravings and very high ceilings. Very intricate.
Which room?
How many rooms?
How much  did  it  cost and will it cost now?
Kate Middleton Hates the $1 Million Renovation of Her Home | Fashion - Yahoo Shine

And maybe  the  report  is  really  much to do about  nothing. One room. Not  too costly. A  redo  .

Queen Camilla

I thought all the rooms were beige. 

Could it be she hired an inferior decorator who used cheap paint & Princess Margaret's blue paint has bled through?

Lady Adams

^^ That is the most probable explanation of this situation.  :thumbsup:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Tiara

Quoteauthor=cinrit link=topic=68584.msg1262010#msg1262010 date=1394110289]

Painting walls is about the most inexpensive way to redecorate.  And since the Royal Family is paying for this, I don't know why anyone should be upset.  It's a family thing.  Such a fuss over a woman painting the walls of her home.

Cindy

Well said!   :thumbsup:
Princess Diana was a human being, with all the faults of most of us, but also with a bigger heart than most of us. As I discovered on that last mission for humanity, there was an underlying humility which, at least to me, redeems all. - Nelson Mandela

SophieChloe

No, it is not a fuss over a woman painting her walls.  It is a fuss that said woman has time to worry about repainting the walls   When she has not bothered with any work to speak of.  Please stop twisting peoples posts and their upset of redeorating her many homes and with her and her lazy ways.