Late Diana,Princess of Wales?s death anniversary 22 years later

Started by sara8150, August 31, 2019, 04:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I'm not at KP this time, but I certainly have been remembering Diana  today. Beautiful, kind, charitable, sweet. She will always be THE Princess of Wales so far as I'm concerned. Gone much too soon.

oak_and_cedar

I was young when she passed away. And I didn't read practically anything about her or the royal family until about 2017. So i'm relatively new I guess.

My impression is that she was a considerate, charitable, thoughtful, intelligent woman that could have done anything with her time but used it to try to help instead. She was not perfect, but then again no one is. And I find the criticism of her not balanced or nuanced, and sometimes veering on the absurd and outrageous.

It's always sad when someone passes away so young. I hope that people remember her for the good that she did, and that she's at peace.

My thoughts are also with prince William and prince Harry who lost a mother much to soon, which must have been awful. And I find it admirable that they haved coped with it.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on August 31, 2019, 07:39:33 AM
I was young when she passed away. And I didn't read practically anything about her or the royal family until about 2017. So i'm relatively new I guess.

My impression is that she was a considerate, charitable, thoughtful, intelligent woman that could have done anything with her time but used it to try to help instead. She was not perfect, but then again no one is. And I find the criticism of her not balanced or nuanced, and sometimes veering on the absurd and outrageous.

It's always sad when someone passes away so young. I hope that people remember her for the good that she did, and that she's at peace.

My thoughts are also with prince William and prince Harry who lost a mother much to soon, which must have been awful. And I find it admirable that they haved coped with it.
She had a special gift; she resonated with people, especially the sick, the very young, and the vulnerable.  She was also a wonderful mother. She was denied knowing her grandchildren in this life, but I'll bet she is looking down and loving them just the same.

TLLK

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on August 31, 2019, 07:39:33 AM

@oak_and_cedar - I hope that RIF will be a place that you can find more information about the late Diana, Princess of Wales. I'm sure that @sandy, @Trudie, @Curryong and others can suggest various biographies that they've enjoyed reading over the years.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: TLLK on September 01, 2019, 03:44:20 PM
@oak_and_cedar - I hope that RIF will be a place that you can find more information about the late Diana, Princess of Wales. I'm sure that @sandy, @Trudie, @Curryong and others can suggest various biographies that they've enjoyed reading over the years.

Thank you. I'm sure there are many here who can recommend different books. It's much appreciated.

TLLK

You're welcome. @oak_and_cedar.

It's been years since I've read one of the Diana biographies so I might want to reread them  again.