Diana's death, the funeral and the investigation into her death

Started by sara8150, September 22, 2018, 02:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 15, 2019, 07:19:43 PM
He was not on the spot. Big difference. His son just kept telling him don't worry. Royal brought up conspiracy theories nothing about the car and MAF

No she did not get to an operating table IN A HOSPITAL. Ambulance is not the same.

They did not keep her alive, she was dying when she finally reached the  hospital. It took too darn long.

Again how is it not MAF's responsibility if he kept a defective car, for his own son to use?  How was it not Dodi's responsibility NOT to use an untrained driver who had had a few drinks?
how exactly  (Im asking seriously) was she meant to get there any quicker?  She had to be cut out of the car.  She had a heart attack.  If they had gone on rushing her to hospital then she would have likely died in the ambulance.  Same with her second heart attack.. she would have died if they did not stop and give her CPR

amabel

It does not matter whether he "deployed the car" or not.  He kept a defective car (according to what you have said) in his garage.. which was going to be used by SOMEONE.  Either his staff or members of his family were going to use the car.. and according to you, it wasn't safe... How could anyone do that?

oak_and_cedar

Diana did not get the help she needed, in my opinion.

From one of the articles posted, if I read it correctly, they said that Diana seemed to be in a better state than the bodyguard. So they focused on him. Now, imagine seeing the Princess of Wales and just deciding to leave her there in order to focus on someone else.
Waste of time number 1.

And if the medical personnel decided that her injuries were not so severe as to warrant more attention to her than to the bodyguard.
Why didn't they call in more ambulances and RUSHED her to the hospital if she was rather "stable".
Waste of time number 2.

IF her injuries were so severe even on FIRST sight, why did they pay attention to the bodyguard first then?
Waste of time number 3.

If they were BOTH deemed to be severly injured why didn't they call in MORE appropriate personnel?
Waste of time number 4.

Any way you look at it they bungled the "operation".

TLLK

QuoteFrom one of the articles posted, if I read it correctly, they said that Diana seemed to be in a better state than the bodyguard. So they focused on him. Now, imagine seeing the Princess of Wales and just deciding to leave her there in order to focus on someone else.
Waste of time number 1.

This is standard emergency triage protocol in nearly every nation. The more severely injured/ill person receives treatment priority over other patients.

How does the emergency room (ER) staff determine who to see first? | Critical Care - Sharecare

The system for determining who gets seen and in what order is called the Emergency Severity Index (ESI) and it was designed for use in ER triage by the US Department of Health & Human Services. The ESI is a five-level algorithm that prioritizes patients into five groups (levels) from 1 (most urgent or most acute) to 5 (least urgent or least acute) on the basis of seriousness and the resources that person may need. Triage staff use specific criteria to determine each patient?s acuity. They interview you (just a short talk), take your vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, measure your oxygen saturation and respiratory rate--the number of times a minute you take a breath). If you have pain you will be asked on a scale of 1-10 your pain level. This all helps to determine your ESI level.

For example:

Resuscitation (trauma, cardiac arrest, heart has stopped)
    Emergent (life or limb threatening, chest pain, stroke)
    Urgent (abdominal pain)
    Non-urgent (vaccinated child pulling at ear, cold)
    Referred (medication refill)

A well-implemented ESI program helps hospital ERs rapidly identify patients in need of immediate attention, ready resources and allows them to better identify patients who could safely and more efficiently be seen in a fast-track rather than the main ER. This system also allows a busy hospital to more accurately determine the ER?s need to go on ?diversion?--that is, ask that ambulance patients be taken elsewhere as capacity has been reached. Diversion status occurs only under set situations usually decided by the local EMS system.
Note this is from American hospitals but the SAMU system operates under the same protocol. They wouldn't prioritize a public figure like Diana if there were more severely injured private citizens at the site.

A patient that presents with the most severe injuries and/or is non-communicative has priority as they cannot answer questions regarding their state. 

Double post auto-merged: April 18, 2019, 02:43:25 PM

QuoteAnd if the medical personnel decided that her injuries were not so severe as to warrant more attention to her than to the bodyguard.
Why didn't they call in more ambulances and RUSHED her to the hospital if she was rather "stable".
Waste of time number 2.

Diana had to be extracted from the back of the vehicle and access was limited due to the state of the car. To remove her safely was going to take time. This was a car crash with flammable liquids (oil/gas) and sparks from their equipment can cause fires. It can take time to safely extract victims in car crashes.
SAMU operates with the "stay and play" protocol that the emergency room equipment and personnel come to the victims via a specialized mobile unit so they can treat the patients on site. There would have been separate ambulances called to transport the victims, there wasn't just one ambulance on the scene.

amabel

and once they moved her in the process of cutting hr out, that was when her blood pressure dropped and they realised that she had some more serius injuries, and that moving her was likely to be dangerous...

sandy

I don't buy into excuses made for her only getting to that hospital after a very long time. And every minute counts when someone is bleeding to death.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on April 18, 2019, 04:39:24 PM
and once they moved her in the process of cutting hr out, that was when her blood pressure dropped and they realised that she had some more serius injuries, and that moving her was likely to be dangerous...
Yes it was during that process that the on site medical team realized that her injuries were more severe than had originally presented. This action put more strain on the tear in her blood vessel. It was only when she was being removed that this occurred. Prior to that, Diana had been lying on the floor of the car with her legs up on the seat and her blood pressure was stable. (Stable being relevant as she had been in an accident.)

Once she went into cardiac arrest, the doctor on site had to treat her and stabilize her condition before transport could begin. With such severe injuries, Diana was basically "doomed" according to trauma surgeons and medical experts.

sandy

She was bleeding to death. So if she were doomed then maybe the twisted system would have left her to die on the side of the road.

TLLK

@amabel-Here is more information from the Operation Paget report.

Diana's "medically abnormal" position in the vehicle with her foot in the well, her agitated state and the injuries that were visible at the time (lacerations, dislocated right arm) made it very difficult for them to remove her even though the doctor wanted to remove her as quickly as possible.
Quote?She was still agitated, moving her left arm and her right leg, her speech was
incoherent and confused. Her right arm was bent behind and dislocated. With my
crew, I examined her whilst putting her on a drip in order to free her and get her to a
hospital.
She was stuck in a 'medically abnormal' position, between the back of the right hand
passenger seat and the rear seat, and with some difficulty we got her out, taking every
precaution, with the assistance of the Fire Brigade. Despite this, during this operation
she went into cardiac arrest and I had to intubate and ventilate her and [cardiac]
massage in order to resuscitate her.?
Dr Martino felt he needed to get her out of the car as quickly as possible, but the
Princess of Wales was struggling and refusing treatment. Her position in the foot-well
and apparent upper limb fracture made removal much more difficult. Having
stabilised her, she was removed from the car at around 1am with the assistance of the
Sapeurs-Pompiers. She then went into cardiac arrest. Following external
cardiopulmonary resuscitation the Princess of Wales? heart started beating again. She
was moved to the SAMU ambulance at 1.18am.

TLLK

@sandy-Of course you are entitled to your opinion. However by reading the reports, then other members of the public can be informed of the facts surrounding the actions and decisions of the SAMU professionals that attended to the late Diana, Princess of Wales that night. Their decisions are outlined in the Operation Paget report. These were the same facts that were shared with the jury during the official inquest into her death. Based upon this information, the jury were able to determine that the driver was impaired, driving at a high rate of speed and that had the occupants used their restraints that they would have had a better chance of surviving the crash that claimed three lives.

The information that I just shared in my last post highlights on why Diana could not be quickly extracted from the vehicle even though that was the intention of the on site physician.  She was in a medically abnormal position, had a dislocated right arm, was very agitated and was refusing treatment from the professionals who were trying to assist her.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=operation+paget+report Here is the link to the report.

sandy

I disagree that it was the best medical care. The extraction from the car did not happen right away.

Diana was too weak to refuse treatment. SHe was moaning in pain. Now that's another knock against Diana. She moaned what's happened, how on earth could she fight the rescuers in her weakened state?!

Diana's last words revealed for first time in report | Daily Mail Online

Diana went unconscious and with a broken arm could hardly "fight" the rescuers.

'I could have saved Diana,' wept Hasnat | Daily Mail Online

Diana's life could have been saved says doctor | UK | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

@sandy-She'd just been in a horrific car accident. Of course she could be agitated and confused. People in pain are often uncooperative with medical professionals because they're scared and in tremendous discomfort. The adrenaline in their system makes them combative and uncooperative. Diana had to be intubated at the scene. That is not easy for patient and medical professionals when the patient is frightened and in obvious pain.

If Diana was twisting around and trying to avoid the lights, equipment, etc..that's not a "knock" on her, it's just what was happening at the crash scene. It's not uncommon for first responders and medical professionals to encounter this type of reaction from victims/patients. (My mother encountered them many times as an ICU nurse, because people are scared and confused.)

TLLK

QuoteYou were not "there" there are other accounts of her talking then quickly passing out. She was not communicative.

@sandy-Neither of us were there, but the medical professionals who were there had to give sworn testimony about the scene. She was agitated and uncooperative which is not uncommon with seriously injured and frightened victims.

Here is the testimony of the doctor on site who was giving her her treatment.

TLLK

You don't have to agree with me. However other members of the public might be interested in reading the testimony of the doctor who treated her at the crash scene.

QuoteShe was still agitated, moving her left arm and her right leg, her speech was
incoherent and confused.
Her right arm was bent behind and dislocated. With my
crew, I examined her whilst putting her on a drip in order to free her and get her to a
hospital.
She was stuck in a 'medically abnormal' position, between the back of the right hand
passenger seat and the rear seat, and with some difficulty we got her out, taking every
precaution, with the assistance of the Fire Brigade. Despite this, during this operation
she went into cardiac arrest and I had to intubate and ventilate her and [cardiac]
massage in order to resuscitate her.?

sandy

THen there is this:

Dr Stephen Ramee, a leading cardiologist at the Ochsner Health System centre in New Orleans said this offered a better chance of survival.

He said: ?We believe that you have a ?golden hour? to save someone?s life, whether it?s a traumatic injury or a heart attack. As soon as you get to the casualty, you stabilise them, then you move them as fast as possible, often by helicopter, to a centre where you can perform surgery. Some people call it ?scoop and run?.?

You miss my point and just keep on making excuses. I am not agreeing with you.

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2019, 01:53:10 AM

Harry spoke up about the precious minutes after the accident taken by photographers Doing Nothing TO HELP

Prince Harry says same paparazzi who chased Diana's car into Paris tunnel took photos of her 'dying in back seat' | The Independent

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2019, 01:57:09 AM

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2019, 01:59:05 AM

Diana crash witness: Emergency services did not do enough | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

QuoteTHen there is this:

Dr Stephen Ramee, a leading cardiologist at the Ochsner Health System centre in New Orleans said this offered a better chance of survival.

He said: ?We believe that you have a ?golden hour? to save someone?s life, whether it?s a traumatic injury or a heart attack. As soon as you get to the casualty, you stabilise them, then you move them as fast as possible, often by helicopter, to a centre where you can perform surgery. Some people call it ?scoop and run?.?

Scoop and run and stay and play both provide medical care to victims within the "golden hour." Unfortunately for Diana her injuries were too severe and she succumbed to them despite the professional efforts of many people. My brother was treated with "scoop and run." Unfortunately his injuries were too severe as well and like Diana he died.

Fortunately for Diana she was being treated in the "golden hour" as she had a moblile emergency room with two emergency room physicians there on the site. She was stabilized at the site and taken to the hospital that had the team, facilities and equipment for high level trauma victims. Had Diana been in a  remote area of a country with little or no access to 20th century trauma medicine, then I'd agree that the "golden hour" standard couldn't be met.

Helicopters can not safely land and take off in that part of Paris. The streets are too narrow in that old part of the city.

I'm very sorry for Prince Harry. It was a very tragic loss and to know that this accident was entirely preventable must be extremely frustrating for him, William, the Spencers etc.. No wonder he and his brother are not entirely comfortable with the actions of the press even today.

Diana and Trevor were fortunate that an off duty SAMU physician happened upon the accident almost immediately after it occurred. It was due to his swift actions that emergency SAMU teams were there within seven minutes after the call was made.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: TLLK on April 19, 2019, 01:50:06 AM
You don't have to agree with me. However other members of the public might be interested in reading the testimony of the doctor who treated her at the crash scene.

This needs repeating IMO.  :goodpost: You are  presenting the facts...people are free to agree or disagree with them or even "stand by their opinion" regardless of the objective evidence.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on April 19, 2019, 02:11:21 AM
Scoop and run and stay and play both provide medical care to victims within the "golden hour." Unfortunately for Diana her injuries were too severe and she succumbed to them despite the professional efforts of many people. My brother was treated with "scoop and run." Unfortunately his injuries were too severe as well and like Diana he died.

Helicopters can not safely land and take off in that part of Paris. The streets are too narrow in that old part of the city.

I'm very sorry for Prince Harry. It was a very tragic loss and to know that this accident was entirely preventable must be extremely frustrating for him, William, the Spencers etc.. No wonder he and his brother are not entirely comfortable with the actions of the press even today.

Di

F
while the paparrazi  played a role in the tragedy, IMO it was the way that the Fayeds dealt wth them, that really led to the dreadful ending.  True the Paps were callous and didn't care if they upset Di or Dodi in chasing them.. and they were eager to get their picture and problaby enjoyed the conflict about it..
But... even if Dodi didn't want a picture taken, if it did happen it wasn't the worst thing in the world.. If they had gone off at a safe speed and the photographers got their shots, what harm would it have caused? 
There were so many other thngs that they could have done differently. MAF could have provided more security than 2 guards.. and Dodi could have made many different choices ot the ones he did.  He and Di could have stayed at the Ritz that night, sent staff to get their clothes and left early for the airport.. whch would have probably slimmed down the number of photographers who would hang on all night.. he could have made sure that he had 2 cars, which is usual protocol and not messed the bodyguards around as he was prone to do.   He could have made sure that he had a trained driver - not Henri Paul who was not a driver.. and who had been drinking. He could have instructed the driver to go at a safe speed and if the paps got a picture, so what? Instead he got Paul, who seems to have become hyped up with excitement and perhaps with the few drinks he had had.. who wasn't used to this sort of job.. and who took off at a terrific speed outdistancing the paparazzi.. until the crash happened.

amabel

MAF could have insisted on Dodi staying at the Ritz.  he gave the orders and largely Dodi obeyed.  He could have told Dodi to stay, and to send a servant to get the clothes... for goodness sake, Dodi didn't have to pack his own clothes and things.. He had staff to do things for him.  there was no need to go back to D's apartment "to collect things".
I don't know what you mean by the first paragraph but I assume you're referring ot the paparazzi.. MAF could have had more bodyguards  to keep them at a safe distance from his son and son's girlfriend.  Dodi only had 2 whom he messed around with all the time.. and that wasn't enough to keep back a mob like the photographers who milled around when Diana was in view...

TLLK

QuoteYou talk as if you "know" that DIana would not have been saved since she did not get to the hospital in time. You and the others who ardently defend the treatment seem to think she'd have "died anyway." Diana did not get the chance and you have no clue nor royal or amabel if the quick treatment would have saved her

When I read the inquest report and other articles,  I finally discovered that I had a clear  information as to what happened to Diana's heart, the process in how she was treated and the decisions that were made. I shared this with family members who worked in the hospital systems in the U.S. with scoop and run and in Germany where stay and play is practiced. The conclusion is that Diana's injuries were too severe. In their opinion, Diana received excellent care and that the doctors at the accident scene and in the hospital gave her the attention, skill and care that any trauma patient would have received. The only difference between the two systems is that the ER stabilization care happened at the crash site via the mobile emergency room and its team instead of in an emergency room. Diana's very unusual and deadly injury to her heart  started slow but when she was moved out of the car, the tear opened and she went into cardiac arrest. She would have had the same result even if she'd been at a scoop and run location. However then it would have been a team of paramedics who are limited as to what they're permitted to do as they're not licensed physicians. All information would have to have been radioed back to the site from the hospital. And in both scenarios, she still would have to have been stabilized each time she went into cardiac arrest. Had that been ignored, she would have never made it to the hospital alive. Both systems have merit as emergency care is offered to patients as soon as it is possible.
I cannot condemn a system of care just because one high profile patient  died. I took the time and effort to research both systems and to speak to those who actually work in them.

QuoteIf it had been scoop and run she would have had a better chance.
- Sorry but I don't agree with this statement. Her injuries were fatal ones.

I feel comfortable pointing out that Henri Paul's drinking two alcoholic beverages, mixing them with prescription medicine, his lack of training as a driver and his choice to drive at a high rate of speed through one of Paris' narrowest tunnels contributed to the crash.
I feel confident in stating that if the driver and occupants had worn their functioning seatbelts that they'd likely have survived the crash.
If the paparazzi had not been chasing the vehicle and had phoned for help after the crash, the public wouldn't have condemned them.
In the end the official inquest placed responsibility at where it belonged: Henri Paul.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: TLLK on April 18, 2019, 02:32:52 PM
This is standard emergency triage protocol in nearly every nation. The more severely injured/ill person receives treatment priority over other patients.

How does the emergency room (ER) staff determine who to see first? | Critical Care - Sharecare
Note this is from American hospitals but the SAMU system operates under the same protocol. They wouldn't prioritize a public figure like Diana if there were more severely injured private citizens at the site.

A patient that presents with the most severe injuries and/or is non-communicative has priority as they cannot answer questions regarding their state. 

Double post auto-merged: April 18, 2019, 02:43:25 PM

Diana had to be extracted from the back of the vehicle and access was limited due to the state of the car. To remove her safely was going to take time. This was a car crash with flammable liquids (oil/gas) and sparks from their equipment can cause fires. It can take time to safely extract victims in car crashes.
SAMU operates with the "stay and play" protocol that the emergency room equipment and personnel come to the victims via a specialized mobile unit so they can treat the patients on site. There would have been separate ambulances called to transport the victims, there wasn't just one ambulance on the scene.
But if she, as has been said, was in such a bad shape from the get to, why did they prioritize the bodyguard?
And if they deemed her more stable than him why didn't they rush her to the hospital?
Both scenarios show a mishandling of the situation, in my opinion.

Some of the most renowned heart surgeons in the world said that she COULD have been saved, and that time was of the essence. Since this is their profession and they knew the sort of injuries she had, I would put heavy emphasis on their opinion.
Ambulance personel aren't heart surgeons. They aren't good replacement for them.

And if they can equip an ambulance to deal with this sort of injury, why couldn't they do so to a hospital nearby who in all likelyhood already had most equipment.

TLLK

Priority went first to Trevor as he presented as the more severely injured victim. After Diana went into cardiac arrest, then the priority was switched to her. She left the scene first and he arrived twenty minutes after she did.

I agree that paramedics and the ER doctors on the scene at Diana's accident were not surgeons. However she couldn't go to into surgery without being stabilized.

QuoteThe decision to go to PS was taken because the two closer hospitals didn't have the necessary equipment or qualified staff to handle these two severely injured patients. Here is the testimony from the Operation Paget report into the official inquest of Diana and Dodi's deaths.To my knowledge, there was no hospital nearer which was capable of taking on this
type of patient. I would even add that to get to La Piti?, the ambulances would have
driven close by the Hotel Dieu Hospital, which is not at all equipped to take on this
type of patient. In particular, this hospital doesn?t have heart surgery teams, or
QuotePage 517
CHAPTER EIGHT
neurosurgery teams and that the surgical teams are not trained to take on patients
with multiple injuries.
The Bic?tre Hospital and the Henri Mondor Hospital at Creteil are much further
away. The Beaujour Hospital at Clinchy is perhaps the same distance away as La
Piti?, but it takes much longer to get there. It must be added that Bic?tre doesn?t have
heart surgery teams.
The two others had the facilities, but they were either further away or took longer to
get to, therefore requiring more time to be reached. There was also the Military
QuoteHospital at Percy. It too is further away. Or the val de Gr?ce Hospital, which, to my
knowledge, is not equipped to take patients with multiple injuries.
It was therefore my decision to send the two patients to La Piti? Salp?tri?re Hospital,
and it was Professor Riou?s decision to accept them, since he had the technical
facilities available at the time, his surgical teams not being busy elsewhere. I
confirmed by radio link to Doctor Martino, who was going to La Piti? Salp?tri?re,
what had already been envisaged for him by Doctor Derossi. He had already
informed him that the chosen hospital would probably be La Piti?.
Doctor Martino, who was still giving treatment, was informed of his destination
Quotebefore leaving at 1.30am, according to my report and the recordings. He probably left
a few minutes later. I confirm today and stand by my decision that La Piti? Salp?tri?re
Hospital was, in this situation, the best hospital for the Princess of Wales.
Concerning Mr Trevor Rees-Jones, taking into consideration his facial lesions, which
were able to be confirmed after he was cut out of the car, the only possible destination
was La Piti? Salp?tri?re, since it is the only hospital with a specialist team in maxillofacial
surgery which is available outside normal hours.
This type of dispatch is perfectly usual and it is, moreover, the main part of the
medical dispatcher?s job and the choice of La Piti? Salp?tri?re is once again a usual
choice and was a personal choice made without other influences.?
QuoteDoctor Bruno RIOU
Now a university professor. Hospital practitioner in the emergency department
at the Piti?-Salp?tri?re Hospital. He was the on-call emergency anaesthetist on
the night of Saturday 30 August 1997. He accepted the requests from the SAMU
Control to receive the Princess of Wales and Trevor Rees-Jones as emergency
casualties.
French Dossier D4708-D4709
Professor Riou explained his acceptance of the request from SAMU Control relating
Quoteto the Princess of Wales:
?At approximately one o?clock in the morning, the exact times are given in the
mandatory SAMU recordings, I was contacted by phone by Dr Marc Lejay, duty
controller for SAMU 75 who asked if I could admit Princess Diana, who had suffered
multiple injuries following a road traffic accident. I immediately agreed to take her
and notified the entire recovery team of the casualty?s impending arrival.?
Page

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=operation+paget+report

amabel

Regardless, they still had to get her out of the car and that was not an easy task.  She was lying in an awkward position and the car was mangled. The ambulances and fire fighters arrived as quickly I think as could be expected but cutting her out was a delicate task and she then went into cardiac arrest. I can't understand why it is not obvious that if they had not stopped and got her heart beating again, she would have died there..and that they then took the decision to drive carefully and slowly to avoid another heart attack if possible.

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2019, 07:43:15 AM

Quote from: sandy on April 19, 2019, 02:31:53 PM
Nothing is firm or in stone.

THe thing is Diana got no chance to get to the hospital early. You appear to be assuming it would have done no good. Which is a false assumption.

I think she would have had a chance. Interesting how noted heart surgeons agree with this.

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2019, 02:32:39 PM

THey were communicating by phone. So you are blaming MAF for not "making him."
there was No way to Get Diana to hospital any sooner.  this has been said again and again.  She had to be got out of the car.  the hospitals were not just on the doorstep and took time to get to whether they went by helicopter or ambulance.  THey could not operate on her at the site and probably that would have been her best chance of survival.. but her heart was clearly in bad shape having been pushed out of its normal place... If there had been a hospital right beside the tunnel, perhaps she would have survived.. but there wasn't.
As for MAF, according to you, the car he kep forr use by his family and guests was defective.. so if that's true I think he is very much to blame.  If he did think it was not a good idea for Dodi to go back to his flat, he could have firmly told him to stay in the hotel.  Dodi usualy did what his father said, so he might have seen the sense of staying in the hotel and sending a servant to get his things.
as it is, he didn't provide IMO enough bodyguards, he had set up the whole relationship between Di and Dodi, getting his son to leave his girlfriend and come and pay court to her.. and he was pleased by the affair getting so much publicity, so he should have provided suitable staff and guards to ensure that DIana was safe while she was his son's ladyfirend.
As TLLK has said, a lot of blame goes to Henri Paul, for driving when he had been drinking and had been taking medcation which isn't supposed to be mixed with alcohol. but he was working for Dodi's father and problaby did not dare to say that he couldn't take the wheel.. because he was not a trained driver and had had  a few drnks. Dodi clearly overruled his guards at times and it might not have done any good but he should have refused to drive.  He did go though and he seems to have taunted the photographers and then took off at a dangerous speed and not slowed down when entering that tunnel...

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: TLLK on April 19, 2019, 05:20:19 PM
Priority went first to Trevor as he presented as the more severely injured victim. After Diana went into cardiac arrest, then the priority was switched to her. She left the scene first and he arrived twenty minutes after she did.

I agree that paramedics and the ER doctors on the scene at Diana's accident were not surgeons. However she couldn't go to into surgery without being stabilized.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=operation+paget+report

All of this sounded like they went by protocol. Nothing above the ordinary. It sounds like they were more justified taking the bodyguard there because of his specific injuries.

Quote from: amabel on April 20, 2019, 11:20:21 AM
I didn't say that MAF forced Diana to date Dodi.. but he clearly did force Dodi. Do you really tink that Dodi was madly in love with Diana when he ahd left his girlfriend/fianc?e behind and she was thinking that they were going to get married on 9th August, around the time that Dodi showed up to start courting Diana.  Do you think that Dodi just decided one day "Im fed up iwht Kelly, I think I'll go visit Dad's yacht and see if I can get friendly with Diana Princess of Wales?

I don't think MAF forced sin son in anything. I think they worked more like a team, in my opinion. Maybe both Fayeds had their eyes on Diana and were biding their time? Just look at that guy with PB, he's also another one that waited for an opportunity IMO.

Maybe he wasn't all that attracted to kelly, and started to get attracted to Diana? He sounded like a player to me. He did Kelly a solid favour by leaving her, in my opinion.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on April 23, 2019, 08:41:44 PM
I don't see anything "slick" about him.  He was loyal to Diana, did not talk about her beyond a minimum, mostly in his statement to the inquest.. and clearly still cares about her...

I don't know about "minimum". But it is good that he's kept quiet. It is respectful of him to do this. I still think he's "slick" though.