The Netherlands-Birthdays and milestones

Started by TLLK, January 31, 2021, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Mabel!   
:happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15:

TudorQueen

Happy birthday to Princess Mabel  :flower3:

I find her an amazing woman. Hard to believe when she married Friso she was considered an unsuitable bride and he had to give up his place in succession to marry her. She has turned out to be an amazing asset and example.

TLLK

Happy Birthday 🎂  to Princess Mabel@

Blue Clover

Quote from: TudorQueen on August 15, 2021, 06:00:32 AM
Happy birthday to Princess Mabel  :flower3:

I find her an amazing woman. Hard to believe when she married Friso she was considered an unsuitable bride and he had to give up his place in succession to marry her. She has turned out to be an amazing asset and example.

TudorQueen, I like Mabel quite a bit. She has turned out to be an asset to the crown.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 52nd Birthday to Prince Constantijn.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Wonderful Birthday of Prince Constantijn!   

:jensinging: :jensinging: :jensinging:

TudorQueen

Happy birthday to the Princess of Orange  :flower3: :bday: :pillowfight:

Another of our future queens is an adult. I posted on her personal thread, but put here too, the new photos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXK01KuKLRF/

TLLK

:bday7: to Catharina Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria!!! She's named for a former Dutch Queen Consort, her grandmothers and her Godmother Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. Victoria had Amalia as one of her young bridesmaids along with Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Christian.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Catharina-Amalia!   

:xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25: :xmas25:

TLLK

Good Lord!! What is going on with W-A and Maxima when it comes to COVID and their private family activities? This is the second time that they've had to apologize for a ridiculous decision during the pandemic.  :ugh: I thought they would have learned after the Greece vacation debacle. Plus the PM is REQUIRED to be involved when they make an error like this one and speak on their behalf.  Come on you two, get it together!

QuoteThe Dutch royal family has apologised after Crown Princess Amalia invited 21 guests to her 18th birthday party, despite the government telling citizens to restrict their gatherings to four in the face of surging Covid-19 cases.

The heir to the Dutch throne, who had cancelled indoor festivities because of the pandemic, held a last-minute gathering in the palace gardens.

The eldest daughter of King Willem-Alexander had been expected to quietly celebrate her birthday last Tuesday, but it was revealed on yesterday that it was larger than expected.  The family strived to treat the coronavirus rules responsibly with this outdoor gathering and by taking precautions' Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said in a letter to lawmakers, in reference to the party.

'Guests were asked to take a test. All were vaccinated. The assumption was that they would keep an acceptable distance.'

But King Willem-Alexander 'informed me that in hindsight, it was not such a good idea. I think that's a sensible reaction,' Rutte wrote

Curryong

Yes, a great deal of carelessness there with that decision. I would have thought Emilia would herself have known about the regulations regarding gatherings from the last twelve months at her school. However, her parents should certainly have checked.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 55th Wedding Annivarsary to Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 79th Birthday to Princess Margriet.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 20th Anniversary to King Willem Alexander and Queen M?xima of The Netherlands.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 02, 2022, 12:58:05 AM
Happy 20th Anniversary to King Willem Alexander and Queen M?xima of The Netherlands.

Oh my Lord! It's been twenty years now since they were married.  I remember coming home from the hospital with my newborn son and their wedding photo was on the front page of the Los Angeles Times. He just celebrated his 20th birthday.

Here's a video from their religious ceremony.

Religious Wedding Ceremony of the Prince of Orange and M?xima Zorreguieta (Part 1) - YouTube

Balcony video-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99avkBaSWtg

Curryong

My goodness, 20th anniversary. How the years fly! It was truly a beautiful wedding though, only marred a bit by the Argentine junta thing. Maxi looked gorgeous.

LouisFerdinand

Happy Wedding Anniversary to King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima!     

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :lovestars: :wed: :wed: :wed: :wed:

TLLK

Hard to believe that ten years have passed since this sad milestone.  :(

Ten years on from the Dutch royal skiing tragedy ? Royal Central

QuoteWhile many of Europe?s royal families are celebrating many happy anniversaries this year, the same is not the case for the Dutch Royal Family. On 17 February, it will be ten years since the Dutch Royal Family was struck by a sudden and tragic accident.

Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau was the son of Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus of the Netherlands and thus the younger brother of the current Dutch monarch, King Willem-Alexander.

TudorQueen

Happy 15th birthday to Ariane  :flower3: :bday10: :bday: :pillowfight:

Hard to believe their youngest is already 15

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcKN7tzqIZJ/

TLLK

Happy 15th Birthday to Princess Ariane!  :Jen: :bday7:

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 55th Birthday to King Willem-Alexander.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 83nd Birthday to Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven.