top 20 weddings dresses of all time

Started by Miryoku, February 07, 2007, 07:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miryoku

Two Royals make the Conde Nast Brides' list of top 20 wedding dresses of all time- Grace Kelly (#1) and Princess Diana (#5)...and also 2 "American Royals" - Jackie O (#3) and Carolyn Bessett-Kennedy (#8)

The list of the top 20 wedding dresses
1 Grace Kelly (April 1956)
2 Nicole Kidman (June 2006)
3 Jackie Onassis (September 1953)
4 Pink (January 2006)
5 Diana, Princess of Wales (July 1981)
6 Dita Von Teese (December 2005)
7 Victoria Beckham (July 1999)
8 Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy (July 1996)
9 Jordan (September 2005)
10 Jemma Kidd (June 2005)
11 Avril Lavigne (July 2006)
12 Bianca Jagger (May 1971)
13 Renee Zellweger (May 2005)
14 Katy England (July 2006)
15 Ines Sastre (April 2006)
16 Marilyn Monroe (January 1954)
17 Gwen Stefani (September 2002)
18 Liberty Ross (September 2003)
19 Sarah Armstrong-Jones (July 1994)
20 Jodie Kidd (October 2005)

Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

heather

Grace was utterly breathtaking. :thumbsup:

Diana's dress was a bit big and wrinkly, but she was very young and adorable. :)

I cannot for the life of me remember any of the other's dresses. :unsure:

I do remember Elton John's wedding outfit. :)

Miryoku

Quote from: heather on February 07, 2007, 07:51:43 AM
I do remember Elton John's wedding outfit. :)

:teehee:  Who doesn't?  It was completely over the top...so tacky it was fabulous.

I remember most of the dresses on the list and agree with most of the picks...but what is Jordan doing on the list?  I thought her dress was a cheap-looking malibu Barbie monstrosity and don't even get me started on that massive crown.

And I completely agree with Grace Kelly at #1 - an elegant dress that is completely timeless...one of the few that will be in style forever.  I believe I've said this before...Diana's dress, although beautiful and suitable to both the time period, the event, and her personality...could not be worn today.  Although, I suppose, let's face it - maybe that's a what a real Princess dress is supposed to be about - no one else is supposed to be able to pull that same look off.

heather

Jordan........ :o   
      Future Duchess of something or other! :laugh:

Miryoku

Jordan...Future Duchess of Wedding Cake Toppers.  :D

heather

:teehee:

Absolutely trashy and vulgar :(.......oh Jordan :o

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

hippie_cyndi

the only ones on the list we can take srsly....are those wedding dresses that even after 50+ yrs made it 2 the top 10....cus timeless classics never go out of style.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

dizzylizzy13

Ah yes, Jordan -- normally they tie the balloons onto the wedding car ...
cleavage even Cams would envy.

I agree, Princess Grace's dress was gorgeous, timeless in it's simplicity. Carolyn Kennedy's was also simple but it only looked like a long silk nightgown imo.

Diana's was, judging from the Dynasty reruns I've seen, part of that time -- but she was absolutely beautiful.

Though I'm not a big fan of TomKat, I thought her dress was beautiful -- but didn't make the list I guess.

Wombat

I don't know who voted for this stuff...but they were all obviously drinking at the time of taking the poll...they started off ok and then lost it....

Jenee

Quote from: dizzylizzy on February 08, 2007, 04:34:03 AM
Diana's was, judging from the Dynasty reruns I've seen, part of that time -- but she was absolutely beautiful.

:laugh: I think Di probably made the list more because of who she is, rather then the dress itself... because gosh it was ugly!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

heather

I remember watching the wedding, her dress was not the star of the show.......she was.
    She was quite lovely, very young and very nervous.
        The nation and the commonwealth took her to it's heart, and there she has stayed.

The crowds were simply amazing.

Jayne

I loved Crown Princess Mary wedding dress. It was simple yet it was so elegant.  :Royal:
http://www.denmark.dk/pls/portal/docs/1/11903.JPG

Cassidy

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

Ladybee

Harry2me4ever

^ thank you for the pics :flowery:

my fav is Gwen's dress

Ladybee

Quote^ thank you for the pics 
you're welcome..

i love wedding gowns!!! :laugh:

Varya

Those pictures are gorgeous!!! Thankyou. :hug:
My favorites are Grace, Carolyn Diana(not pictured), Ines, Dita (not trashy like Jordans :brainwashed:), Posh, and Liberty.
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

truly_thata

We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

disiny2003

Quote from: Jenee on February 17, 2007, 05:33:45 AM
:laugh: I think Di probably made the list more because of who she is, rather then the dress itself... because gosh it was ugly!

I agree!
Here are some  :pics: of Diana's dress!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/graphics/2006/08/30/ixefdiana277.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39021000/jpg/_39021081_wedding203.jpg

I loved Dita von Teese's dress 
"How can any deny themselve the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me"
-Zora Neal Hurston

sara19810

im really loves Princess Diana's dress in 1981 but if she would alives today but her wedding dress gowns at Althorp museum they wont sell this dress! i understand when Diana wanted not sell her own wedding dress and still legend for almost 26 years.

Grace Kelly's dress looks so FAB! when her wedding dress in museum they wont sell this dress when she died in 1982 and someone woman love her dress very much they copy of her own wedding dress but almost same gowns.

CP Mary of Denmark looks lovely in her own wedding gowns and its really near summer but its spring wedding and got cover veil of her hair more traditional of veil.

CP Letizia of Austria looks nice but almost images of CP Princess Mathilde's dress gowns but im really love CP Mathilde's gowns because CP Mathilde's wedding gowns when she wores by Dec.1999 they later in 5 years CP Letizia chose same Mathilde's wedding gowns.

ALEXANDRIABEAUTY

Quote from: miryoku_81 on February 07, 2007, 07:10:56 AM
Two Royals make the Conde Nast Brides' list of top 20 wedding dresses of all time- Grace Kelly (#1) and Princess Diana (#5)...and also 2 "American Royals" - Jackie O (#3) and Carolyn Bessett-Kennedy (#8)

Nice to see Grace Kelly/Nicole Kidman/Princess Diana in the top 5!!!   :thumbsup:
Awwww, I was trying hard to reach 1000 posts prior to CONCERT FOR DIANA as a lil tribute. CONCERT^4DIANA^ITE#1 Yipeeeee, I received a LETTER from Harry on June 20, 2007, via Clarence House, written by his secretary!!!  I LOVE Princes Wills & Harry!!! Vote4OBAMA^ite#01 Harryite#0099 QueenVictoria^ITE#01 Chelsyite#0029 LETTER^ITE#01 CINDERELLA^ITE#01

gogm

I'm surprised Princess Margaret's didn't make it...

angeleyed

i never knew who you guys were talking about with jordan because there werent pics when this first came out... now i have seen the katie and peter reality show and i love them. she is so cute as just herself and she said she was going to get her boobs redone and they will be smaller thank goodness. i thought that since it was her wedding and she loves pink the dress was great for her... though not my choice...
to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

fawbert

Diana's frock was a shocker. Crushed meringue. No 19 on the list was a stunning creation for Lady Sarah Chatto. Not that I'm into fashion... :D
Fawbert