Holly, the pet that starred with Queen in 007 sketch dies at 13

Started by plattenchant, October 09, 2016, 11:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plattenchant

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

TLLK

HM's beloved corgis have been her constant companions however it seems that her children prefer other breeds (Labradors, Cocker Spaniels) but apparently only Prince and Princess Michael of Kent like cats as well as dogs.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Saw this yesterday, as much as I take shots at HM, I am a big pet lover, so even my heart goes out to her in a situation like this. Its awful to lose them, but im sure it lived a life most pets would envy, so she can take satisfaction in that.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

I think it was wise of HM to stop breeding and acquiring new dogs at her age.

Jennifer

It is unfortunate that the Queen's corgi died. I also love animals and understand how awful it is to lose them. When a person (no matter how famous they are) lose their special pet, the feeling of sadness it the same.

QuoteThe Queen's Pet Corgi who starred in 007 2012 Olympic Sketch dies at 13

Holly, one of Her Majesty's 2 remaining corgi's has died of old age. The queen summoned a veterinarian while at Balmoral last week. The 13-year-old corgi was put to sleep and buried in the grounds. According to sources, the Queen can see the grave as she glances out her drawing room window. There has yet to be a headstone placed to mark the spot, but it is certain one will be installed there.

The corgi starred with the Queen in the James Bond 007 skit which aired during the Opening ceremonies of the 2012 London Olympics. Corgis have played an immense part in the private life of the Queen. Her parents gifted her with Susan when she turned 18. And her corgis she's bred ever since have been direct descendants of her first dog. Sugar and Honey were her first puppies born just 4 years later. Over the last 7 decades, the Queen has loved over 30 corgis.

Though she has Willow, her 1 remaining corgi and 2 corgi-dachshund crosses, Vulcan and Candy left, the Queen was left distraught after the death of her beloved Holly. Willow is also 13, the equivalent of 81-years-old in human years.

Read more:
The Queen’s Pet Corgi who starred in 007 2012 Olympic Sketch dies at 13 – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Duch_Luver_4ever

I agree @TLLK at this stage, shes likely to have them outlive her if they live to expected lifespan, and the last thing we need is an accident or mishap shortening her life. However, if you want to leave some at Clarence House, I wont object. :lol:  :teehee:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.