The Queen's Commonwealth Trust aka The Queen's Trust

Started by TLLK, October 17, 2019, 05:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Princess Cassandra

Wow - when you look at the pictures where she is engaged in conversation with a group, making eye contact, laughing, looking intent - you are aware that she has aged very well.

wannable

And that is the last finale event for the Queen's Trust, taking over is The Queen's Commonwealth Trust presided by the TRH Duke and Duchess of Sussex, President and Vice President. 

Princess Cassandra

We can see how efficiently BP is slowly but surely reducing her workload. How relieved she must be, knowing that her burden is lighter but her important projects are in safe hands.

wannable

Quote from: wannable on October 19, 2019, 01:40:10 PM
And that is the last finale event for the Queen's Trust, taking over is The Queen's Commonwealth Trust presided by the TRH Duke and Duchess of Sussex, President and Vice President. 

Posting it here, there is a new developement for The QUeen's Commonweath Trust.

Smiling Naomi Campbell dresses in a checked grey ensemble as she is announced as an ambassador for The Queen's Commonwealth Trust following her work with international charities to support young people.

Naomi Campbell was announced as The Queen's Commonwealth Trust Platinum Jubilee Global Ambassador at London's Hotel Caf? Royal on Thursday evening. The supermodel, 51, looked a vision in a checked grey ensemble for the celebratory occasion. She did not hold back from beaming a wide smile as she attended a press conference, her elegant look emphasised by glowing makeup and her poker straight raven locks. 

Curryong

Good for Naomi. However, she is an Ambassador for the organisation (probably for the Platinum Jubilee Year, perhaps for beyond), not the President or Vice President nor, obviously, a Royal Patron appointed personally by the Queen. Other organisations also have celeb ambassadors, the Royal Ballet for example. So the suggestion that Naomi Campbell is going to be some kind of replacement for Harry is mistaken, though no doubt that?s the take the media will no doubt pursue.

wannable

Of course, she is not married to a royal nor is a princess. It is a great decision thought that The Queen's Commonwealth Trust has given her the Ambassadorship and with very high meritocracy.  All the millions she has done through her partnerships for years have been for Commonwealth countries.

The supermodel, 51, is a known advocate of international charities supporting young people, particularly in Africa, and this has been recognised by the QCT
Aligning with her views, the charity is passionate about supporting and uplifting young leaders around the world who are improving lives and creating opportunities in their communities

Note: The pictures of tonight's event is all produced by The QUeen's Commonwealth Trust.

Also, what does Harry (and Meghan) have to do with this? They've been stripped from the position. I ONLY placed the news here because there is NO thread with the Queen's Commonwealth Trust, this was the old Queen's Trust thread.  Appropriate place, not in the Sussexes board.

Naomi Campbell is announced as ambassador for The Queen's Commonwealth Trust following charity work | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Renaming this thread to reflect the name changes as the Queen's Commonwealth Trust

TLLK

Congratulations to Naomi Campbell on being appointed as a QCT ambassador.

Campbell ?honoured? to become global ambassador for Queen?s Commonwealth Trust - Independent.ie

QuoteShe added: ?I?m from a Jamaican heritage, so I always grew up hearing about the Commonwealth and never thought I would ever be anything to do with the Commonwealth, but I know how proud my grandmother and my great aunts and uncles were of being part of the Commonwealth and being a Jamaican.?

Campbell said young people are ?leading our future and they are going to help change the world, and we need to help them?.

The Queen?s Commonwealth Trust, which was launched in 2018, works to champion, fund and connect young leaders around the world who are driving positive social change, serving their communities and providing hope, work and self employment opportunities for others.

Campbell added: ?It is my privilege to accept this role as global ambassador for the Queen?s Commonwealth Trust.

?Regardless of where you are from or where you are now, there are young leaders within your community doing amazing work.

Our team | The Queen?s Commonwealth Trust

I had forgotten that Samantha Cohen was involved with the QCT since its inception.

Samantha Cohen CVO

Samantha Cohen is Chief Executive of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council (CWEIC) and Co-Chair of Cool Earth. Prior to this, Sam was Private Secretary to TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. For 8 years, Sam was Assistant Private Secretary to HM The Queen and also served as Her Majesty?s Press Secretary. She has been involved with QCT from its inception in 2016.

wannable

Naomi Campbell Says It's a 'Privilege' to Take Lead Role in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Former Charity
The model has been named an ambassador for the Queen's Commonwealth Trust
Naomi Campbell Named Queen's Commonwealth Trust Ambassador | PEOPLE.com