The Swedish Monarchy Current Events

Started by Jennifer, January 09, 2017, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Queen Silvia attends Mayflower diploma ceremony ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Wednesday, Queen Silvia attended the annual diploma ceremony for the salesperson and children who took part in the traditional Mayflower sales this year.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 17, 2023, 10:30:23 PM
Al last, at last! And all the royals concerned thoroughly enjoyed most of the events I?m sure. Now the King and Queen can relax for a while, for another ten years!

Is it wrong of me to secretly hope for an ascension ceremony in the next ten years from the trio of Scandinavian monarchies? Hopefully due to a voluntary abdication. I'd like to see Margrethe and especially Harald enjoy some retirement years while their heirs take over in their fifties. The Swedish public would like to see an abdication in their nation too, so Victoria can ascend.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 21, 2023, 12:25:57 PM
Is it wrong of me to secretly hope for an ascension ceremony in the next ten years from the trio of Scandinavian monarchies? Hopefully due to a voluntary abdication. I'd like to see Margrethe and especially Harald enjoy some retirement years while their heirs take over in their fifties. The Swedish public would like to see an abdication in their nation too, so Victoria can ascend.

No, it?s not wrong. I think Beatrix and Albert and JC did exactly the right thing, even if it was for very different reasons. I just feel that a succession of extremely old monarchs with heirs who grow past middle age while waiting doesn?t do any country any good.

The UK was fortunate that until PP?s death the Queen was sharp mentally and not too bad physically, but how often does that happen and afterwards there was an obvious frailty. Probably King Harald is very worried that Pss I-A will be pushed into royal duties earlier than she should be, especially with MM?s health, but he has himself been regularly hospitalised for several years. However he, Margarethe and King C-G should take a leaf from Beatrix?s book not the late British Queen?s, imo.

TLLK

^^^I agree. Right now CG appears to be one of the healthier older monarchs in the world, but it's clear that Margrethe and Harald are struggling as they age. I believe that both are mentally fit, but time is taking its toll on their health.

I'm very glad that Beatrix, Albert and Juan Carlos had chosen to step down for various reasons. Beatrix seems to be the physically fit of those three, but Albert and JC are clearly having issues too.

TLLK

Swedish Royal Family hosts diplomatic reception ? UFO No More

On Tuesday, King Carl-Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, and Prince Daniel hosted a diplomatic reception for foreign ambassadors at the Royal Palace.

A few times per year, newly appointed ambassadors are given the opportunity to meet members of the Royal Family at a reception where they can also meet each other and representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

TLLK

King Carl Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria attend Gustaf VI Adolf and Archaeology seminar ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Friday, King Carl Gustaf, Crown Princess Victoria, and Princess Christina attended the Gustaf VI Adolf and Archaeology seminar held at the Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities in Stockholm.

Curryong

It?s well known that King Gustav VI Adolf was absolutely mad about archeology and became something of an expert. Both he and his wife leaned towards Germany before and during WW1. As Kaiser Wilhelm II was also a keen archeologist through much of his adult life this bond may have tied the two rulers together even more, perhaps. In general the Kaiser, who was inclined to try and take charge at extended family get-togethers and appears to have been none too popular with other royals, especially relatives. But not so with the Swedish King and Queen.

TLLK

Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attend 'Placing Child Protection at the Core of Sustainable Travel and Tourism' UN Meeting ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Monday, Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attended the UN High-Level Event 'Placing Child Protection at the Core of Sustainable Travel and Tourism' at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. The event was hosted by the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence against Children, the World Childhood Foundation, and the Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations.

TLLK

The incoming State Visit from France to Sweden has been postponed due to the situation in the Middle East as well as the terror attacks that are starting to occur in Europe.

QuoteThe state visit from France postponed
H.M. The King and H.E. President Emmanuel Macron have in a phone call during the afternoon, jointly decided to postpone the French state visit to Sweden.
The King conveyed to the President that he looks forward to welcoming the President and Mrs Macron at a later date.
The work to determine a new date for a French state visit to Sweden will begin immediately.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 18, 2023, 04:22:44 PM
The incoming State Visit from France to Sweden has been postponed due to the situation in the Middle East as well as the terror attacks that are starting to occur in Europe.

In the light of current circumstances this was a wise choice and perhaps the only one that could be made. It?s very unfortunate as terror attacks within Europe had really begun to be rare over the past twelve months or so.

TLLK

King Carl Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria attend Foreign Affairs Committee meeting ? UFO No More

On Monday evening, King Carl-Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria attended a meeting of the Foreign Affairs Committee at the Royal Palace. The government should continuously inform the Foreign Affairs Committee about the foreign policy conditions that may be of importance to Sweden.

King Carl-Gustaf chairs the Committee while Crown Princess Victoria is a member. The Foreign Affairs Committee is a consultative body between the Riksdag and the government and it consists of the Speaker and nine other members from the Riksdag as well as nine deputies.

TLLK

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attend jubilee concert in Uppsala Castle ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Friday, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended a concert marking the King?s Jubilee at Uppsala Castle. The concert was organized by the Royal Musical Academy and showcased 500 years of royal music.

TLLK

Swedish Royal Couple and Crown Princess Couple attend concert ahead of Queen Silvia's 80th birthday ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Sunday, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, and Prince Daniel attended a private concert marking Queen Silvia?s upcoming 80th birthday at Drottningholm Castle?s Church.

TLLK

Swedish Royal Family hosts diplomatic reception ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Wednesday, King Carl-Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, and Prince Daniel hosted a diplomatic reception for ambassadors from Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Bolivia, Egypt, and Japan.

PrincessOfPeace

This evening the King and Queen gave dinner for this year's Nobel laureates at the Royal Palace. The castle. The Royal The family was otherwise represented by the Crown Princess, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia, Princess Christina and Consul General Tord Magnuson. -

Kungafamiljen gav middag f?r 2023 ?rs Nobel?pris?tagare | Kungahuset

PrincessOfPeace

The French state visit to Sweden, originally scheduled for October 2023, is now under way:

Statsbes?k fr?n Frankrike | Kungahuset

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia attended the symposium "Ctrl+Rights For Increased Safety On The Net" at SPACE Stockholm today:

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

Blue Clover