The Sussexes' relationship with the press, tabloids, and social media.

Started by Nightowl, January 25, 2023, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

^Tell me in specifics just how was the royal family suppose to protect Meghan from the hate of the media/tabloid circus when they could not even protect Catherine or any other female that joined the royal family?  Specifics please?

HistoryGirl2

And I respect a difference of opinion, which is the majority of what?s happening here. I personally believe there?s other methods of combating a narrative that don?t include releasing statements to correct every negative or untrue statement that the press has printed.

I cannot argue opinion because it?s simply a matter of perspective, but I will quibble about whether it has been effective or not. Their approval ratings have plummeted even in the US where people tend to be more friendly towards Diana?s sons.

Now, does that matter to them personally? Not sure. Maybe not? They have succeeded in getting their own opinions out there, but even now as they?re being attacked, the royal family has yet to release a statement. Harry said he wanted an apology. That hasn?t come, but maybe they?re playing the long game. As I mentioned in either this thread or another one (can?t remember now), I do believe there?s a path for reconciliation and certainly media rehabilitation.

The reason I bring up the ratings is because of the ?setting the record straight? narrative. Harry has mentioned that a few times as a reason behind his memoir and documentaries. I think they thought that when they told their side, people would be more understanding and sympathize with them, but I think the opposite has happened. Of course, there?s people that support them and there always will be, but I think something else has happened alongside that. I think a number of people that were on the fence about them have been turned off by some of his comments and the media blitz.

But there is something else that is interesting to note and could be deemed a success for Harry and Meghan. The approval ratings of some members of the royal family have also fallen, not as low as theirs but fallen all the same. This is a vulnerable time for the monarchy. The transition between the Queen and Charles was always going to be difficult, but more than anything, I?m now intrigued as to how Harry?s comments and actions will affect the stability of the institution.

Who knows? Maybe he?ll have the last laugh.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Nightowl on January 26, 2023, 04:48:33 AM
^Tell me in specifics just how was the royal family suppose to protect Meghan from the hate of the media/tabloid circus when they could not even protect Catherine or any other female that joined the royal family?  Specifics please?

1. When they realized that they're staff was leaking against a stressed pregnant woman, put a stop to it. This went beyond just a few people going rouge, at some point, it had to be a sanctioned affair.

2. When stories leaked by your side result in the BBC picking up violent, anti-american tropes. When it leads to your sister in law being attacked with racist comments, understand that it's not something that is just going to be water under the bridge and clear the whole thing up with a firm statement. Just as they made sure to rush to release a statement to protect William, a statement that was signed and released without Harry's consent.

3. Don't suddenly pull out an investigation on Meghan's supposed behavior when you haven't done that for other members who have had people go on record and talk about the royals behavior. There have been countless stories off members of the BRF being rude or demanding. Sometimes it's just ignored and other times, while being painted as demanding is a negative for Meghan, it's made other members seem like they had a strong sense of leadership and etc.

Overall, I'm not saying the family can control the papers but they can control who they are friends with. They control how much the office leaks (and if they can't get a handle on that, there is a bigger issue.)

I was at a point where I'd even take a statement of support of defense. They did nothing and were silent. I don't know, denounce your friend who has made violent threats against a 'much loved' member when your whole idea is violence against racism. Stand against racism when you claim it has no place in this world. Don't pull a flyby stunt when your brother and his wife are already being attacked in the media.

You may not see those as feasible or even worthy of a response and I think differently. There lack of action and general apathy is a glaring indictment on their value's and behavior to much, just as speaking out is not viewed favorably when it comes to Harry and Meghan.

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on January 26, 2023, 07:49:40 AM
And I respect a difference of opinion, which is the majority of what?s happening here. I personally believe there?s other methods of combating a narrative that don?t include releasing statements to correct every negative or untrue statement that the press has printed.

I cannot argue opinion because it?s simply a matter of perspective, but I will quibble about whether it has been effective or not. Their approval ratings have plummeted even in the US where people tend to be more friendly towards Diana?s sons.

Now, does that matter to them personally? Not sure. Maybe not? They have succeeded in getting their own opinions out there, but even now as they?re being attacked, the royal family has yet to release a statement. Harry said he wanted an apology. That hasn?t come, but maybe they?re playing the long game. As I mentioned in either this thread or another one (can?t remember now), I do believe there?s a path for reconciliation and certainly media rehabilitation.

The reason I bring up the ratings is because of the ?setting the record straight? narrative. Harry has mentioned that a few times as a reason behind his memoir and documentaries. I think they thought that when they told their side, people would be more understanding and sympathize with them, but I think the opposite has happened. Of course, there?s people that support them and there always will be, but I think something else has happened alongside that. I think a number of people that were on the fence about them have been turned off by some of his comments and the media blitz.

But there is something else that is interesting to note and could be deemed a success for Harry and Meghan. The approval ratings of some members of the royal family have also fallen, not as low as theirs but fallen all the same. This is a vulnerable time for the monarchy. The transition between the Queen and Charles was always going to be difficult, but more than anything, I?m now intrigued as to how Harry?s comments and actions will affect the stability of the institution.

Who knows? Maybe he?ll have the last laugh.

I don't agree that they've released statements for every negative or untrue statement. There is more left that they haven't responded too than they have. So far, it's only been when they felt a line had been cross personally to them. I don't see other ways, ways that make an impact. If you're willing to share, what other ways would you have done it?

I agree on the polls not mattering to them but that's because they don't matter much to me so they could care. Or maybe, it's because I'm seeing the people who are coming out to support them or do support them. Honestly, the only polls I pay serious attention too are around election time in America.

I'm not as optimistic that there is a way forward for reconciliation and even as being a fan, I think it's a pipe dream for Harry. If he wants it, I want it for him but I don't see it happening. I don't believe a media rehabilitation is needed in general. I'd say there is a general divide that hasn't changed. I'm completely agree that they think that people would be more understanding and feel sorry. I've seen that happen but overall, I think it was more important that as the years pass and history is set, there own account and words will be on the record. History is written by the victor as they say and this time, history will reflect the side of the people being written about, not just the people writing.

As far as the monarchy, it'll be fine. Sure, the ratings are low but if a referendum comes, I don't think people will be too invested to vote. What has been good to see on my end, is seeing more people engage with the media with a more critical eye and have a more critical eye towards how the royal family interacts and uses the media as a cover to say what they want. Overall though, I don't think much damage will be done, not for a few generations at least, if anything. They've managed to adapt and survive and as much as Harry's and Meghan's actions have shaken the table, it's also allowed the family to adapt in more ways. Hopefully, they'd take the risk and the chance to not themselves be beholden to the British Media as much as they have.

And overall, I agree that for us, the people watching, it all comes down to a difference of thought and what people value. I don't know what will happen in the future and I do think the one thing we can agree on is that outside of whatever lawsuits or something truly crosses the line, they should move on and let the work they've been doing be the main focus. They signed deals and had to deliver because the things they signed on for take time to be made, produced and release.

And unless it's a major breech of privacy or something that has to be responded too (Like when Harry's charity was dragged into that cash for honors thing) they should take whatever comes out of the British Media on the chin and move on. Hopefully, in a few years they can feel comfortable to interact with more of the media (aside from the four papers they won't be working with at all) and get social media to highlight their messages. Like I said, there are things I could criticize in their interactions with the media but at the same time. I understand why they have a complete dislike and dis-trust.

wannable

The Sussexes were given their own office and staff handpicked by themselves and all of them were scapegoated by the couple.

TLLK

Also it should be noted that reporters would have been receiving information from people who had been around the couple when it came to a situation, but were not necessarily employed by any of the Palaces. The term "royal source" can literally be anyone: delivery staff, other patrons of businesses, the Sussexes' own friends and acquaintances.

QuoteThe Sussexes were given their own office and staff handpicked by themselves and all of them were scapegoated by the couple.

Yes staff who  IMHO did do their best to try keep stories suppressed and to promote the positive work and projects from the couple. However I believe the staff were also unaware at the time that the couple had  quietly hired Sunshine Sachs very early on without letting their KP staff know.

wannable

The DDOS as a couple were 18 months as senior working royals, 6 months with shared staff to the DDOC at Kensington Palace, 12 months with their own office and their own handpicked staff at Buckingham Palace.

The best metrics to measure a 'boss' is give them rope (to noose themselves or not), the couple accomplished their own downfall.  Sara took the hit with the birth of Archie, Melanie took the hit with Meghan accepting freebies, etc.

With shared team and/or independent team, both teams have said they were covering up for the couple or doing their best to stop the media 24/7. 

These two have a huge ego problem tied to a host of other problems. 

Too many red flags. 

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on January 26, 2023, 02:01:13 PM
Also it should be noted that reporters would have been receiving information from people who had been around the couple when it came to a situation, but were not necessarily employed by any of the Palaces. The term "royal source" can literally be anyone: delivery staff, other patrons of businesses, the Sussexes' own friends and acquaintances.

Yes staff who  IMHO did do their best to try keep stories suppressed and to promote the positive work and projects from the couple. However I believe the staff were also unaware at the time that the couple had  quietly hired Sunshine Sachs very early on without letting their KP staff know.

Fleet Street have always said that royal source = the lowest paid employees who need money in any industry, including the BRF. IOW they are referring to the lowest paid, domestic employees. Like Paul Burrell, the butler.

HistoryGirl2

In any big firm or organization, you have your leaks, whether it?s a palace or a dressmaker or caterer, especially those that deal with certain types of clients. So maybe there were leaks about the fact that they disliked their behavior, from a variety of sources. How much truth? Can?t ever be certain, but I?m a firm believer in where there?s smoke, there?s fire.

However, I take the idea that every PR person at the palace had coordinated plans to ruin their reputation to make others look good, all with the sanctioning of the royals themselves. I can?t say it?s false with 100 percent certainty, but I am *extremely* skeptical of it.

wannable

The leaks have to be juicy = Wealthy person doesn't appreciate and recognize the full worth of their privilege, they are going to act out, behave badly.

Guaranteed

The Queen and Charles did their best to accommodate Harry and Meghan wishes, not every whim, but the own household, the BP offices, wow!

After my athlete days, thank God I did university, I entered the world of work in a huge Oil and Gas Corporation with employees to the millions. I've seen the above situation. I've seen ''accommodate' situation, it ends up, the person is made redundant or is forced to resign before being made redundant, it is very rare when ''pressure'' is applied to 'contain', 'retain' someone who thinks they are special, probably triggered by i.e. 'results', Harry's case his previous Poll results.

Sarah Latham last job before entering the Sussex household was commanding USD 250K a year (more than the Queen's Comms)....in a huge organization that disruption will cause unhappiness with a lot of ''white collar'' Chief of Something, VP's of Something, Directors of Something.  Sarah ended as collateral damage to the duo.

wannable

IMO the lesson to be learned by the 1000 plus year old firm, is to keep on emulating big worldwide organizations with their best practices, rules and regulations.  The organizations have their line of succession from the president to the janitor. Follow it, don't disrupt it, or take the risk of losing reputation (a domino effect ^ like the above example, my boss the president eventually lost his job too, bad decision maker).

I don't understand why Meghan had acted out? There are 'benefits' I received being in the A Payroll White Collar, those that belonged in the A had our moral knowledge of code of conduct and confidential agreement, those things; salaries, benefits, fringe benefits, vehicle use, corporate credit card, expense report for certain items, club benefits, year end production bonus, etc aren't spoken about. 

Meghan stating she didn't sign an NDA, left a paper trail of her suicide feelings like if she belonged to the staffer team under Human Resources = B Payroll Blue Collar is baffling. And at the same time Dazzled by the freebies?! H couldn't help it but leave it in black and white, ink.

HistoryGirl2

I think I blame some of the faux pas on Harry more than Meghan. Harry seems to have made her believe that anything she did was going to be okay because they were okay with him and he didn?t care. However, that was not the done thing and should have been explained by him. He was probably afraid that she wouldn?t feel perfectly at ease if she were not allowed to do anything she was inclined to.

I can?t speak to everything that was written because I didn?t read every article, but a lot of what was written as speculation turned out to be true. The crux of the issue isn?t Meghan, in my opinion, though. I think the crux of the issue is Harry?s jealousy over perceived privileges that William was afforded that Harry was not. That anger seems to have been seething for decades.

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 26, 2023, 01:27:46 PM
1. When they realized that they're staff was leaking against a stressed pregnant woman, put a stop to it. This went beyond just a few people going rouge, at some point, it had to be a sanctioned affair.

2. When stories leaked by your side result in the BBC picking up violent, anti-american tropes. When it leads to your sister in law being attacked with racist comments, understand that it's not something that is just going to be water under the bridge and clear the whole thing up with a firm statement. Just as they made sure to rush to release a statement to protect William, a statement that was signed and released without Harry's consent.

3. Don't suddenly pull out an investigation on Meghan's supposed behavior when you haven't done that for other members who have had people go on record and talk about the royals behavior. There have been countless stories off members of the BRF being rude or demanding. Sometimes it's just ignored and other times, while being painted as demanding is a negative for Meghan, it's made other members seem like they had a strong sense of leadership and etc.

Overall, I'm not saying the family can control the papers but they can control who they are friends with. They control how much the office leaks (and if they can't get a handle on that, there is a bigger issue.)

I was at a point where I'd even take a statement of support of defense. They did nothing and were silent. I don't know, denounce your friend who has made violent threats against a 'much loved' member when your whole idea is violence against racism. Stand against racism when you claim it has no place in this world. Don't pull a flyby stunt when your brother and his wife are already being attacked in the media.

You may not see those as feasible or even worthy of a response and I think differently. There lack of action and general apathy is a glaring indictment on their value's and behavior to much, just as speaking out is not viewed favorably when it comes to Harry and Meghan.

I don't agree that they've released statements for every negative or untrue statement. There is more left that they haven't responded too than they have. So far, it's only been when they felt a line had been cross personally to them. I don't see other ways, ways that make an impact. If you're willing to share, what other ways would you have done it?

I agree on the polls not mattering to them but that's because they don't matter much to me so they could care. Or maybe, it's because I'm seeing the people who are coming out to support them or do support them. Honestly, the only polls I pay serious attention too are around election time in America.

I'm not as optimistic that there is a way forward for reconciliation and even as being a fan, I think it's a pipe dream for Harry. If he wants it, I want it for him but I don't see it happening. I don't believe a media rehabilitation is needed in general. I'd say there is a general divide that hasn't changed. I'm completely agree that they think that people would be more understanding and feel sorry. I've seen that happen but overall, I think it was more important that as the years pass and history is set, there own account and words will be on the record. History is written by the victor as they say and this time, history will reflect the side of the people being written about, not just the people writing.

As far as the monarchy, it'll be fine. Sure, the ratings are low but if a referendum comes, I don't think people will be too invested to vote. What has been good to see on my end, is seeing more people engage with the media with a more critical eye and have a more critical eye towards how the royal family interacts and uses the media as a cover to say what they want. Overall though, I don't think much damage will be done, not for a few generations at least, if anything. They've managed to adapt and survive and as much as Harry's and Meghan's actions have shaken the table, it's also allowed the family to adapt in more ways. Hopefully, they'd take the risk and the chance to not themselves be beholden to the British Media as much as they have.

And overall, I agree that for us, the people watching, it all comes down to a difference of thought and what people value. I don't know what will happen in the future and I do think the one thing we can agree on is that outside of whatever lawsuits or something truly crosses the line, they should move on and let the work they've been doing be the main focus. They signed deals and had to deliver because the things they signed on for take time to be made, produced and release.

And unless it's a major breech of privacy or something that has to be responded too (Like when Harry's charity was dragged into that cash for honors thing) they should take whatever comes out of the British Media on the chin and move on. Hopefully, in a few years they can feel comfortable to interact with more of the media (aside from the four papers they won't be working with at all) and get social media to highlight their messages. Like I said, there are things I could criticize in their interactions with the media but at the same time. I understand why they have a complete dislike and dis-trust.

1)*Whose staff* was leaking info against a pregnant woman?  And what people went *rouge*?

2)What stories by *whom* were leaked to the BBC?  As for the story by Harry, well after all that is Harry who hates his brother so of course he will LIE.  Harry LIES as he has shown and will do anything to discredit his brother out of what.....jealousy of William being born first?  I take Harry's comments/stories with a grain of salt...Oh, I don't use *salt* as it is bad for the heart.....I like facts, not lies by Harry believed by his fans for that is worthless to me.

3)What story was stopped by a member of the royal family what was rude to whomever?  What People went on record about a member of the royal family being rude to someone?   I said way up thread I do not go back 1 year or 10 years or 100 years to take what happened then to make some issue the same today....Life happens and YES Meghan is a darn BULLY as she rude to staff and it was reported.  HM paid with her own money for that report on Meghan and Harry being rude to staff, and it so far will not be released to the public......wonder why?  I can guess yet that would not be a fact.....I honestly think Meghan let the royal life go to her head and lost control of decency and kindness to others thinking like Andrew that staff are dirt for him to walk all over.  Being kind is easy and does not hurt the heart or soul, being nasty takes over the heart and soul and evil sets in......

Just who in the royal family is friends with the media/tabloids that they would do as Charles or Camilla or William or Catherine or   member of the royal family wants, like stop the presses or kill that story or delete that report by so and so?

For one I do not believe for one second that the royal family is racist...that comment is on Harry and Meghan only trying to tear down the royal family all because they did not get their own way with HI/HO as they wanted.  Harry knew better and he can't say he didn't as he grew up in the family and knows how they operate and think.  Racism is about more then color of a person's skin as we have NO darn choice when we are being created how we will look at all, or even be healthy or where we are born. 

I want Harry and Meghan to go and live in Ca or wherever they want and do their own thing and keep the mouth shut about the royal family that they so hate yet they love their titles don't they?  Leave those across the pond alone as there is no need now that their bank account is full and no need for the bank of dad anymore.  Time for them to move on and live the life they want and the same for the BRF.  Yet no way on this earth will Harry or Meghan do that as they NEED the connection to the BRF while the BRF does NOT NEED them.

Curryong

This is for changeemhymysoul to answer, if she wants to, got the time etc. I?m at a seaside cafe at the moment, having left the boat for a while.

Just have a look at the bullying inquiry and what The Times correspondent said in his column about receiving the bullying story from Jason Kauf, who was Private Secretary to the Cambridges and the Sussexes at the time of this supposed bullying  and who worked for the Cambridges for a long time afterwards.

How do you think that Valentine Low, journalist at the Times, got the emails from Jason that be disclosed in his Times article which he wrote so conveniently just before the Oprah interview? They didn?t just fall out of the sky. There were inter house communications between Knauf and other high ups in the Prince of Wales staff like Simon Case, telling them of Meghan?s supposed behaviour.

And Jason not only went behind his ex employers? back in these communications but he disclosed the lot to a journalist. The Palace hoped that this would stop the Oprah interview in its tracks. It didn?t but it became clear in this instance that one Royal Household doesn?t mind tattling to another about what its principals (employers) have been up to but have no scruples whatsoever in spilling it all (and Low got dozens of emails and other documentation from Knauf and other staff tipped off by Knauf) to journalists at newspapers. In this case he/they gave Low probably the scoop of his lifetime and reason to write a book.

So trusted senior people working in Royal Households never spill to journalists eh? Pull the other one!

Curryong

From Jason K?s mother in 2018

I always told the kids they can be whatever they want to be, they just can't be the King of England," Knauf's mother Joanne told The Courier in 2018. "I think he got as close as you can get."

"He was really shocked when Diana died, he always said the media needed controlling," she added. "And I think he is in a position now to make a difference."

Yes, he made a difference all right. He used the media for his own ends while being paid as a senior civil servant within a royal household. .

HistoryGirl2

Yes, but are the allegations true? I can?t speak for anyone else, but that?s really what matters to me personally. If he released that information as an attempt to stop the Oprah interview then it would seem he did it as an attempt to protect the monarchy?s reputation (his job) against two people who were about to say that they were the victims of a campaign when in the view of the household, they were actually the aggressors.

If Hollywoodland and the Firm have anything in common, it?s the importance of PR. The game is played by all, Meghan and Harry included. But my main concern is what is the actual truth. I would like the staff to be able to speak, so it can be settled, but that?ll likely never happen.

wannable

Solid.  Valentine Low 2nd week after Spare has been invited to do the rounds not only in the UK, but international TV (source: everything in mainstream media can be found in social media, interviews especially via Youtube).

The TV hosts are firing him Q&A, with subsequent Q's in every single Q&A. So the host is not silenced, he neither, hosts even ask him if he's not afraid of being sued, he said no.

He said he has copy of all the emails
He said he has copy of all the Whatsapp texts
He said he has invoice records of late night calls, Monday to Sunday, and psycho repeat calls on a Saturday and Sunday.
He said the KP office is not 'boxed', modern open space, so everyone can see and hear...
He said the  Australia, New Zealand, Tonga and Fiji tour; flights and behind the scenes drama, from a crying aid, to very rude behaviour inflight.

TLLK

I believe that if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had plans to take legal action against Valentine Low or The Times, they would have already done so considering it's been nearly two years since the article was published in The Times.

Interesting information about the KP Office as I'd imagined it to be a series of small ones, but open space offices have been around for a long time now and it's the setting that most of the staff would have been familiar with in previous jobs.

wannable

HistoryGirl2
If he released that information as an attempt to stop the Oprah interview then it would seem he did it as an attempt to protect the monarchy?s reputation (his job) against two people who were about to say that they were the victims of a campaign when in the view of the household, they were actually the aggressors.

Exactly right, according to Valentine Low, the above copies were given to him specifically before the Oprah interview to protect the Monarchy. PR wise releasing The Times article during or after would not protect the monarchy.

TLLK ^ Valentine Low is talking freely, as all the hosts that have invited him too, firing Qs freely.  He has said that and he included Jason Knauf, who is not a staff member any longer, matter of fact he is out of the UK, his husband is a diplomat. Jason is US Citizen. Note: their most senior aides 70% are Australian, Canadian, NZ, US Citizens. The most highly paid to date; Latham and Knauf both American. ETA: I have to add the US Citizen part, because apparently nationality is important factoring in this case, who Meghan will want to sue. American vs American, obviously it is not the most important factor but if the aide was British? would it fit better for the narrative?

The KP offices is in the new basement.  I recall news articles around 2016.

HistoryGirl2

^Completely agree, @TLLK. It?s a curious thing. These are two people who despise media telling lies about them and have sued before. To be accused of being a bully is a serious thing, you would think this would be something they?d be willing to fight in court if it?s preposterously untrue. I?ve seen some interviews with Valentine Low and he seems to have all his ducks in a row, something to be expected from a reporter for the Times.

He also mentioned something interesting in one of his interviews. He said Harry seems to always have been worried about becoming second-fiddle when William?s children grew up and that since he was young, he worried about every person on his team and would ?test? them to see who was ?really on his side.? Maybe that?s completely off, but it seems to coincide with the impression I got when hearing Harry talk. He seems a very insecure person who constantly focused on his place in the line of succession. It would help explain some of his feelings toward palace staff as his view has always been, ?Are you on my side or William?s side??

Does anyone know if Harry mentioned the bullying claims in his book?

PrincessOfPeace

Not only haven't they sued Valentine Low, he said on Good Morning America, the reason they didn't is he has the 'receipts' -

He was basically challenging H&M to sue him.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Nightowl on January 27, 2023, 02:08:53 AM
1)*Whose staff* was leaking info against a pregnant woman?  And what people went *rouge*?

2)What stories by *whom* were leaked to the BBC?  As for the story by Harry, well after all that is Harry who hates his brother so of course he will LIE.  Harry LIES as he has shown and will do anything to discredit his brother out of what.....jealousy of William being born first?  I take Harry's comments/stories with a grain of salt...Oh, I don't use *salt* as it is bad for the heart.....I like facts, not lies by Harry believed by his fans for that is worthless to me.

3)What story was stopped by a member of the royal family what was rude to whomever?  What People went on record about a member of the royal family being rude to someone?   I said way up thread I do not go back 1 year or 10 years or 100 years to take what happened then to make some issue the same today....Life happens and YES Meghan is a darn BULLY as she rude to staff and it was reported.  HM paid with her own money for that report on Meghan and Harry being rude to staff, and it so far will not be released to the public......wonder why?  I can guess yet that would not be a fact.....I honestly think Meghan let the royal life go to her head and lost control of decency and kindness to others thinking like Andrew that staff are dirt for him to walk all over.  Being kind is easy and does not hurt the heart or soul, being nasty takes over the heart and soul and evil sets in......

Just who in the royal family is friends with the media/tabloids that they would do as Charles or Camilla or William or Catherine or   member of the royal family wants, like stop the presses or kill that story or delete that report by so and so?

For one I do not believe for one second that the royal family is racist...that comment is on Harry and Meghan only trying to tear down the royal family all because they did not get their own way with HI/HO as they wanted.  Harry knew better and he can't say he didn't as he grew up in the family and knows how they operate and think.  Racism is about more then color of a person's skin as we have NO darn choice when we are being created how we will look at all, or even be healthy or where we are born. 

I want Harry and Meghan to go and live in Ca or wherever they want and do their own thing and keep the mouth shut about the royal family that they so hate yet they love their titles don't they?  Leave those across the pond alone as there is no need now that their bank account is full and no need for the bank of dad anymore.  Time for them to move on and live the life they want and the same for the BRF.  Yet no way on this earth will Harry or Meghan do that as they NEED the connection to the BRF while the BRF does NOT NEED them.

This article, details the relationship with the media and is backed up. It's been making the sounds and sums up everything I had to say and everything I've already shared.

Opinion | Prince Harry Is Right, and It?s Not Just a Matter of Royal Gossip - The New York Times

I also didn't say, anyone leaked a story to the BBC. I said the story about the brides-maid dresses, lead to an upheaval of hate, by them taking that story and portraying Meghan as a violent person from the BBC.

Charles hiring someone from the Daily Mail and Camilla not denouncing her friend Clarkson, is enough proof for me.

There are plenty of articles and etc, detailing interactions with the staff how other members being rude. A quick google search is enough for you find out. All mostly, in the same manner that they've happened to Meghan, only the ones about Meghan are taken as the gossip truth and the others are waved off in some way. In fact, it wasn't rude to staff but on Sophie and Edward's tour, it was St. Lucia. It was around of the time of the protest, Sophie and Edward weren't unware of what was going on and failed to prepare properly. The Prime Minister gave thoughtful words about reparations. Once he was finished and it was Edward's turn to speak, Edward laughed it off, was dismissive and said, "I'm not going to give you a response......I wasn't taking notes." And the face of the Prime Minister was complete disappointment. Not only did it show how under prepared he was, it was plain rude and yet the media mum about it. If Meghan had said that, they'd want her head on a spike and there would be article after article, interview after interview on how disrespectful she was. That was caught on video, yet Meghan is treated more horribly by the press for things that haven't been confirmed. (And I do mean horrible treatment, before the Oprah interview, as people use that to justify their dislike then the rabid hate had been there long before that.)

I want the same as you, but in different ways. When they moved Cali, I had hoped, "friends of the royals." "palace aids" "senior royal aid" "courtiers" and etc would shut up about the Sussex's. I thought, now that they left, private conversations and actions wouldn't appear in books of royal reporters but that didn't happen. So, I personally, don't care how often and how much Harry or Meghan's speak, they're playing the game that had long been played, the only difference is they have enough to own up to it, in their own words.

I don't think they NEED a connection to the BRF as much as some would hope but it helps. Just as it worked the other way around, if the BRF didn't want to be attached to the Sussex's, then they should've taken the titles when Harry offered...instead, that once again, was leaked to the media and no titles were taken.

We'll have to agree to disagree about who's trust worthy and who should be believed. Just as you don't believe Harry, I don't believe the BRF or their mouth pieces.

As to the other parts of the thread, I don't believe the Sussex's will sue Low, even if he's trying to bait them into it. They haven't sued Bower and he couldn't even get the fact that Meghan was Serena's friend correct and is pushing a narrative about her mother which is completely untrue as Doria wouldn't have been able to get work as a social worker if she had drug related charges or ever went to prison/jail. (Though, I think should in that case)

wannable

The author Zeynep makes blank accusations throwing shade to the entire BRF, like Harry, Meghan and Omid.

Could this be a coincidence that the author and Archewell are connected.

The Archewell Foundation is continuing its ongoing support and partnership with Harvard?s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, which today launched a new fellowship that will bring together renowned experts and new innovators from diverse perspectives to address the challenges and opportunities of social media

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on January 27, 2023, 08:18:38 PM
The author Zeynep makes blank accusations throwing shade to the entire BRF, like Harry, Meghan and Omid.

Could this be a coincidence that the author and Archewell are connected.

The author backs up her claims in the article, if you believe them or not, is a different matter.

I mean sure, it's not different from Clarkson describing the violence he'd like inflicted upon Meghan and being close friends with Camilla.

Now, could you prove a direct connection and relationship between the author and the Sussex's?

HistoryGirl2

Definitely agree with the rudeness exhibited by other members of the family; something Low touches on is his book, as it?s not just about Harry and Meghan.

It?s all so petty, which is why the more all of this drags on, the worse for the royal family, in my opinion. Although, I think once we?re past the coronation, most people will have moved on. Nothing worse than an old story that just won?t go away.

It really would be so much better if Harry and Meghan stopped talking about the royals and the royals continued to just not address any of this and keep on with their normal schedules. Families drift apart and it is what it is.

Although, I do disagree that Harry and Meghan do not need the royal family. The interest they garner is because he is a prince and she married a prince. Neither of these two people would be afforded this much attention without that connection. Their entire empire will always be based on that. The same way no one would give Charles or William or Kate a second glance if they weren?t a king, a prince, and a princess.

changemhysoul

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on January 27, 2023, 08:22:43 PM
Definitely agree with the rudeness exhibited by other members of the family; something Low touches on is his book, as it?s not just about Harry and Meghan.

It?s all so petty, which is why the more all of this drags on, the worse for the royal family, in my opinion. Although, I think once we?re past the coronation, most people will have moved on. Nothing worse than an old story that just won?t go away.

It really would be so much better if Harry and Meghan stopped talking about the royals and the royals continued to just not address any of this and keep on with their normal schedules. Families drift apart and it is what it is.

Although, I do disagree that Harry and Meghan do not need the royal family. The interest they garner is because he is a prince and she married a prince. Neither of these two people would be afforded this much attention without that connection. Their entire empire will always be based on that. The same way no one would give Charles or William or Kate a second glance if they weren?t a king, a prince, and a princess.

And I think, the biggest issue I have with that, is..it's touch on but that's it. Smoothed over quickly, or it's presented as something admirable. (Not in Low's book per say, but other books said that anger or whatever displayed is a sign of leadership. When it's Meghan, it's bullying behavior and taken as gossip and this was before she ever spoke up about her experience.) It's the main reason why I understand they want nothing to do with the British Media.

I do think, that things will change after the Coronation.

I think Harry and Meghan should stop talking, as long they don't feel like their being being smeared or lied on. I also think the BRF do address it, just behind the scenes or are fine with people addressing it on their behalf and they should find a way to start to put a stop to that. At the very least, they could tell their close friends who speak to up on their behalf to just not.

Nope. I disagree because there are titled members, that people no little to know about it. I'd say, Harry gets more of his fame and etc from simply being Diana's son than the BRF as a whole. Most people, even though Sophie is married to a Prince, when she came to New York barely anyone spoke about, not even the RR. Kate is better known but after the wedding, that interested died down. I believe, BRF or not, Harry and Meghan are charming individuals and compelling enough that you want to know what's happening with them. I'm not saying it doesn't help but overall, they don't NEED them. Does it help? Yes, I just think if you were to say, rip the whole thing away, they'd land better on their feet than most of the members. Especially Meghan, who, not while as famous as she became once marrying Harry was famous enough in her own right. Traveling the world, making connections in powerful places, doing the work she wanted to do. She had an her own following before entering the BRF, which is why you see as much support. It's small thing but Meghan alone, had more followers than the KP before marrying in and they shot up in followers after that.

So, I'd say, they both need each other for different things but it's not as important as some people think. I expect, that once the Spare stuff dies down, things will stabilize for them meter off a bit, so it won't be like now but they'd still do well without the family.

Tbh, the issue is the media. They related everything back to the Sussex's because that gets more clicks, money in interest. Thinking back, if they had simply stopped covering the Sussex's 24/7 when they were in the family, there wouldn't have lead to feelings of resentment. They Sussex's could've teetered off in interest WAY before this but with media and people leaking to make them look bad which then lead to people taking sides (and a misstep was thinking that everyone would take the side of the BRF)...which only lead to more media coverage, they kinda of created what they hate now.