QEII Official Duties and Court Circular Entries Part 2

Started by TLLK, April 09, 2020, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Quote from: Blue Clover on August 27, 2022, 07:14:27 PM
Nightowl,
Yes, hearing about her most recent decline is very sad indeed. She has been a strong and enduring figure for many years, and the thought of losing that is hard to bear. I didn't know that you were of Scottish and Irish heritage and are familiar with Balmoral, known for its timeless beauty. Lucky you! I can see why it is a special place for the Queen, with so many memories combined with natural beauty. The sun is setting on one of the most notable members of the English Monarchy.

Queen health fears: Charles spotted making 'highly unusual' DAILY trips to Balmoral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Oh I might be Irish and Scottish heritage yet I have never been to Balmoral and would love to and if I ever get there I will never leave.  I collect books, pictures and all the history I can get of it. For me that is heaven on earth...and there is another place that is very close to that in England...Bebbanburg, way up north in England that there are actually rooms in the castle to rent and some cottages there to live in.  I got interested in that area from one of my favorite, authors, Bernard Cornwell. His TV series *The Last Kingdom* on Netflix is just fabulous and made me research Alfred the Great who is a man way ahead of his time....a wonderful leader who was the first to help make England what it is today, his life plan was to do that and his family followed in that direction also.  That whole area of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales is filled with so much history and so very interesting to me.

I know that HM's time is short and that is so sad as I think that all the drama of Andrew and Harry/Meghan has really affected her health as has the passing of Philip. I like Charles and he is so highly underestimated as he is a brilliant businessman who has made the Duchy of Cornwall a fabulous company that has helped thousands of people in the country.  And he is a great artist also, so he has quirks in life, tell who doesn't have quirkes in life......LOL  If I ever get back to some part of that country again I will never come back to America.

Oh there is a really fabulous show on PBS if your in America, it is called *The Queen's Garden* and a wonderful place of 39 acres that BP sits on.  What an outstanding just marvelous place it is from what I see on the TV....HM is very much involved in it even to this day.

sara8150

Sun says
QuoteThe Queen is ?carefully considering? whether to attend Braemar Games due to health fears

According to The Mail on Sunday, the Queen is ?carefully considering? whether she is fit enough to attend the Braemar Games next weekend.

It comes as concerns grow over her Majesty?s mobility issues

The Monarch usually attends The Highland Games, and are usually a highlight in the monarch?s calendar.

A source revealed on Saturday that the Queen is keen to attend if her health will allow it.

We have wait and see if HM Queen Elizabeth II will attend or NOT they send her children Prince Charles,Princess Anne and Earl of Wessex or Cambridges in her behalf if HM Queen Elizabeth II feeling ok for attend Braemar Games if Queen can?t we have wait and see 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Blue Clover

Heath fears are a concern regarding the Queen.
Quote from: Nightowl on August 28, 2022, 04:18:17 PM
Oh I might be Irish and Scottish heritage yet I have never been to Balmoral and would love to and if I ever get there I will never leave.  I collect books, pictures and all the history I can get of it. For me that is heaven on earth...and there is another place that is very close to that in England...Bebbanburg, way up north in England that there are actually rooms in the castle to rent and some cottages there to live in.  I got interested in that area from one of my favorite, authors, Bernard Cornwell. His TV series *The Last Kingdom* on Netflix is just fabulous and made me research Alfred the Great who is a man way ahead of his time....a wonderful leader who was the first to help make England what it is today, his life plan was to do that and his family followed in that direction also.  That whole area of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales is filled with so much history and so very interesting to me.

I know that HM's time is short and that is so sad as I think that all the drama of Andrew and Harry/Meghan has really affected her health as has the passing of Philip. I like Charles and he is so highly underestimated as he is a brilliant businessman who has made the Duchy of Cornwall a fabulous company that has helped thousands of people in the country.  And he is a great artist also, so he has quirks in life, tell who doesn't have quirkes in life......LOL  If I ever get back to some part of that country again I will never come back to America.

Oh there is a really fabulous show on PBS if your in America, it is called *The Queen's Garden* and a wonderful place of 39 acres that BP sits on.  What an outstanding just marvelous place it is from what I see on the TV....HM is very much involved in it even to this day.

Nightowl,
I will take note of Bebbanburg, and I love the idea of renting a room in the castle. I am also fascinated by the period of history in the Last Kingdom. I will look up books by Bernard Cornwell and read more about the leadership style of historical figures such as Alfred the Great. I am also in love with this region, and ancient royal history, and would also stay if I ever had the opportunity to leave the shores of America for a long period of time. I will investigate BBC documentaries, the one on the Queen's gardens sounds interesting. Thanks for all of the recommendations!

I agree. As far as the Queen is concerned, everyone is on high alert when terms like health fears are used more and more frequently. I also feel like the media has spent far too much time on the antics of Harry and Meghan. The period after the passing of Philip should have been a time of peace and reflection, instead, HMQ has had to put out one family fire after another - such as Andrew and his behavior. I am also a fan of Charles; he has quietly done his duty over many years, and he is no longer a young man. Charles has been underestimated. We will see him rise to the occasion in the near future, we may be surprised by what we see.

Nightowl

Here is a good book on Alfred the Great, it is *Alfred The Great, The Man who Made England* by Justin Pollard.  I found it in my research of Alfred and and it is on abebooks.com, hard copy for around $4.00 yet shipping is around $7.00 as it is coming from England.  I have used this site for decades now in my interest of ancient history...my sister and I were always competing who could find the best books on ancient history  and she had hundreds and hundreds of books. This book is one of my favorite.

I honestly believe HM's time is very short....the pictures of her on the balcony with William and his family was heartbreaking to see.  I really really dislike Harry and Meghan for they had the world at their fingertips with so many opportunities to help those in need.  Their selfishness and GREED for money and attention as great whatever will be their undoing in time and they will become just like Edward and Wallis, unknown little non royals.  I hate to say this yet I got Meghan's number as soon as I saw the pictures of the engagement in the garden....and sure enough hell broke loose a few years later....my sister was so thrilled for them and I was the opposite and I believe HM was not  all that happy either from the pictures of her at the wedding.....there was one that left a big imprint on my mind about Meghan. And sure enough Meghan as proven just the type of person she really is.   And there is NO excuse for Andrew, he is a spoiled selfish ego manic and believe me I know that type of man and I really hope Charles and William never let him back in the Firm, he made his bed so sleep in it Andrew and suffer what you have caused your mother.  Both he and Harry will in time suffer what they have done to HM and Charles and I hope it hurts like hell as I am a hard person when it comes to hurting family.

Oh yes, Charles .....I really admire the man and so many are stuck in the days of Diana as if Diana was perfect and she sure in the heck was not.  Nobody is as we are all flawed humans as the history of the human race has shown us.  I think at early in life, Charles was a weak insecure man under the thumb of his family yet now he has grown and become a strong secure man with a woman who understands him and his life where Diana did not understand him. Age difference and their interests in life was against them from the beginning.  Diana hated Balmoral and me, I would love it as isolation is no big deal for me...lol  I really hope Charles has a many many years on the throne even if he does have an opinion now and than....that makes him human to me.  I also loved Philip and his out of the mouth remarks as that showed him to be a flawed human also and boy at times I think HM would of loved to shake him and tape that mouth shut.

I wonder if HM will spend her remaining time now in Balmoral as I think that is her happy place with all the memories of family and loved ones. She sure needs peace and contentment at this time in her life, not the drama of idiots in her family. Shame on Andrew and Harry and Meghan for what they have caused her grief and pain even when Philip lay dying ..that to me is very unforgivable and will go down in history as to the kind of people they are.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Nightowl on August 29, 2022, 07:13:34 AM
Here is a good book on Alfred the Great, it is *Alfred The Great, The Man who Made England* by Justin Pollard.  I found it in my research of Alfred and and it is on abebooks.com, hard copy for around $4.00 yet shipping is around $7.00 as it is coming from England.  I have used this site for decades now in my interest of ancient history...my sister and I were always competing who could find the best books on ancient history  and she had hundreds and hundreds of books. This book is one of my favorite.

I honestly believe HM's time is very short....the pictures of her on the balcony with William and his family was heartbreaking to see.  I really really dislike Harry and Meghan for they had the world at their fingertips with so many opportunities to help those in need.  Their selfishness and GREED for money and attention as great whatever will be their undoing in time and they will become just like Edward and Wallis, unknown little non royals.  I hate to say this yet I got Meghan's number as soon as I saw the pictures of the engagement in the garden....and sure enough hell broke loose a few years later....my sister was so thrilled for them and I was the opposite and I believe HM was not  all that happy either from the pictures of her at the wedding.....there was one that left a big imprint on my mind about Meghan. And sure enough Meghan as proven just the type of person she really is.   And there is NO excuse for Andrew, he is a spoiled selfish ego manic and believe me I know that type of man and I really hope Charles and William never let him back in the Firm, he made his bed so sleep in it Andrew and suffer what you have caused your mother.  Both he and Harry will in time suffer what they have done to HM and Charles and I hope it hurts like hell as I am a hard person when it comes to hurting family.

Oh yes, Charles .....I really admire the man and so many are stuck in the days of Diana as if Diana was perfect and she sure in the heck was not.  Nobody is as we are all flawed humans as the history of the human race has shown us.  I think at early in life, Charles was a weak insecure man under the thumb of his family yet now he has grown and become a strong secure man with a woman who understands him and his life where Diana did not understand him. Age difference and their interests in life was against them from the beginning.  Diana hated Balmoral and me, I would love it as isolation is no big deal for me...lol  I really hope Charles has a many many years on the throne even if he does have an opinion now and than....that makes him human to me.  I also loved Philip and his out of the mouth remarks as that showed him to be a flawed human also and boy at times I think HM would of loved to shake him and tape that mouth shut.

I wonder if HM will spend her remaining time now in Balmoral as I think that is her happy place with all the memories of family and loved ones. She sure needs peace and contentment at this time in her life, not the drama of idiots in her family. Shame on Andrew and Harry and Meghan for what they have caused her grief and pain even when Philip lay dying ..that to me is very unforgivable and will go down in history as to the kind of people they are.
If HM is in great pain that will surely weigh heavily and break down her strength, but I hope her medical care is such that she has a good comfort level as long as she doesn't overdo. I hope she is feeling better resting up there in her favorite place, but of course we don't know. I understand the POW is visiting often, which makes me concerned....I'll be watching carefully to see if she is able to go to Braemar.   
As for Harry and Meghan so much has been and is being said, including by me, so I won't add to your well said post. Things are going from bad to worse in that situation...so disturbing and scary.
Thanks for mentioning the site for books on ancient history - my own interest is in ancient Wales, as I am descended from the Meyricks/Myricks of Angelsey. I'll check out the site!!!

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 30, 2022, 06:48:15 PM
If HM is in great pain that will surely weigh heavily and break down her strength, but I hope her medical care is such that she has a good comfort level as long as she doesn't overdo. I hope she is feeling better resting up there in her favorite place, but of course we don't know. I understand the POW is visiting often, which makes me concerned....I'll be watching carefully to see if she is able to go to Braemar.   
As for Harry and Meghan so much has been and is being said, including by me, so I won't add to your well said post. Things are going from bad to worse in that situation...so disturbing and scary.
Thanks for mentioning the site for books on ancient history - my own interest is in ancient Wales, as I am descended from the Meyricks/Myricks of Angelsey. I'll check out the site!!!

Yes if HM Queen Elizabeth II can?t attend braemar due her health and mobility issues if her schedule will allowed to attend we have wait and see if HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health get worse and she send her children and grandchildren in her behalf included Cambridges and articles says HM Queen Elizabeth II get rest lots because she is 96 years old per by doctors and medical advice order for HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health

Duke and Duchess of Sussex get worse for sure yes!! And insult the family include HM Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Duke of Cambridge its unacceptable behavior for Harry as moderator for Sussex its definitely bad worse!! YES!! But Harry and Meghan always bombshell interview not since Oprah,NBC they NOW Meghan bombshell interview on magazine unacceptable!! Definitely not good!!

Nightowl

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 30, 2022, 06:48:15 PM

I also think it is more worrisome when Charles visits HM more than usual in Scotland mostly.   I am sure there are docs and nurses there all day and night making sure HM is well cared for and resting....Surely there must be someway for HM to go to the games in a mobile golf cart or car and a wheelchair to get her to the stage with a cane....I look at her and 96 is up there yet her mind is still young and ready to work on the red box.

I would love to go to Wales and I have a very good ancient history book on it, it is called *Ancient Paths by Graham Robb*, I got it a long time ago on abebooks. And there is another which is fiction on Wales by Sharon Kay Penman-Here Be Dragons.  I am not sure if this is the 1st in her 3 book series yet it is great story telling and I have read and reread the entire series.  Hope this helps as I just love ancient history  and would love to live among the ruins .....LOL

Princess Cassandra

So happy to hear she will not have to travel  :happy20:. At 96 you expect physical challenges and shouldn't have to worry about making them worse by making 1,000 mile painful and tiring trips!

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 31, 2022, 02:06:32 PM
So happy to hear she will not have to travel  :happy20:. At 96 you expect physical challenges and shouldn't have to worry about making them worse by making 1,000 mile painful and tiring trips!

Yes for sake of her health per her doctor makes decisions because of her health and mobility issues not easy for HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health challenge but she is 96 years old she need rest lots more!! Than trip to city of London

Nightowl

What more does anyone expect of HM being 96 years old...she seems sharp as a tack and can do the mental part of her job and takes precautions with the physical part of the job, nothing wrong with that!   Heck as long as it is HM that does the appointment does it really matter where it is done..be it London or Scotland?  I would like to think that these political members can and are young enough to make the trip and enjoy the time at Balmoral of all places, who doesn't want to go there and get some good old fashioned fresh air and see green grass and tall trees....big relief from cement sidewalks with garbage and noise and traffic and people being rude....LOL

Nightowl

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 31, 2022, 02:06:32 PM

HM doing the Happy Dance as she gets to stay in her happy place with everyone waiting on her hand and foot....hot tea with chocolate cookies and scones and her dogs.    :cheer:

Curryong

From the Telegraph

Boris Johnson will deliver his final speech as Prime Minister on the steps of Downing Street at around 8.30am on Tuesday, before flying up to Balmoral.

After an audience with the Queen, which usually lasts around half an hour, he will leave Her Majesty?s Scottish home before either Ms Truss or Mr Sunak arrive, having flown up separately.

On the return flight, the new Prime Minister will be briefed on the privileged security details they require in the role.

He or she is expected to deliver their inaugural speech back at Downing Street at around 4pm.

The incoming and outgoing leaders will not see each other at Balmoral, where they will be welcomed individually into the Drawing Room. Mr Johnson and his team will have left the Scottish estate before his successor arrives.

Each will be greeted by an equerry and Sir Edward Young, the Queen?s Private Secretary, before entering the room to speak to the Queen alone.

Their travelling entourages will be offered a separate retiring room, where they will be offered a space to work and refreshments while official matters between the Queen and the Prime Minister take place.

A photograph of the Queen and new leader is likely to be released afterwards, just as it has been for the Buckingham Palace ceremony in recent history.

Mr Johnson said arrangements for the handover to the new prime minister will be down to the Queen and ?fit totally around her and whatever she wants?.

The Queen will also hold a virtual Privy Council meeting the following day, rather than an in-person one, where the new PM will be sworn in as First Lord of the Treasury among other business.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...nson-balmoral/

Exactly how I predicted it would occur in a previous post here.

Nightowl

I am sure HM is really being taken care of with the very best medical professionals in the world yet pulling out of this event is worrisome as it is happening all to often now.  I wonder if she will ever leave Balmoral and will spend her last days/months/years there as that is where she seems the most content with all the loving memories and her trusted staff with her as her family can just come and go even ever.  How difficult would it be for her to travel back to Windsor....I wonder?  Charles it seems is taking on more and more duties and it must be very hard on him to see the decline of his mother knowing what the future holds for him.

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on September 02, 2022, 06:48:13 PM
I am sure HM is really being taken care of with the very best medical professionals in the world yet pulling out of this event is worrisome as it is happening all to often now.  I wonder if she will ever leave Balmoral and will spend her last days/months/years there as that is where she seems the most content with all the loving memories and her trusted staff with her as her family can just come and go even ever.  How difficult would it be for her to travel back to Windsor....I wonder?  Charles it seems is taking on more and more duties and it must be very hard on him to see the decline of his mother knowing what the future holds for him.

This September HM Queen Elizabeth II will have historically have new PM no matter he or she at balmoral palace says after Boris Johnson?s resignation and his successor see my post #203 and #204

HM Queen Elizabeth II have traditional vacation in balmoral till October but thankfully have doctors with her include Sandringham and Windsor also for HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health sake plus medical professionals and expert also she is 96 years old

Prince Charles fill in for his mom?s place and also Duke of Cambridge

Curryong

The Queen never misses the Braemar Games! In a way IMO this is the clearest sign yet that we are sadly not likely to see very much of the Queen again for the rest of her reign. 96 year old legs, knees and hips just don?t repair themselves overnight. I?m just wondering whether there has been a fall recently weakening the Queen?s hip and that has been kept quiet. That might explain why the ?mobility problems? have prevented the use of a wheelchair.

It seems to me from hints dropped by courtiers that sitting for long periods appears to be as painful for HM as standing and shuffling about using a cane. She hasn?t been seen out at all at Balmoral and the absences at Craithie Kirk services are also noteworthy, not in a good way. I?m just wondering if HM has been confined to bed for much of the time. If she has been it will be a major operation to get her mobile enough to meet Boris and the new PM. (I?m not suggesting imminent death btw. We all know of people of 100 or more who are bedridden for much of the time but who are still able to function mentally.)

The Queen herself must be having moments when she gets very annoyed that her spirit is so strong but her body is now so weak it no longer obeys orders.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on September 03, 2022, 07:37:02 AM
The Queen never misses the Braemar Games! In a way IMO this is the clearest sign yet that we are sadly not likely to see very much of the Queen again for the rest of her reign. 96 year old legs, knees and hips just don?t repair themselves overnight. I?m just wondering whether there has been a fall recently weakening the Queen?s hip and that has been kept quiet. That might explain why the ?mobility problems? have prevented the use of a wheelchair.

It seems to me from hints dropped by courtiers that sitting for long periods appears to be as painful for HM as standing and shuffling about using a cane. She hasn?t been seen out at all at Balmoral and the absences at Craithie Kirk services are also noteworthy, not in a good way. I?m just wondering if HM has been confined to bed for much of the time. If she has been it will be a major operation to get her mobile enough to meet Boris and the new PM. (I?m not suggesting imminent death btw. We all know of people of 100 or more who are bedridden for much of the time but who are still able to function mentally.)

The Queen herself must be having moments when she gets very annoyed that her spirit is so strong but her body is now so weak it no longer obeys orders.

Yes im agreed with you