Tessy Antony News

Started by TLLK, July 06, 2018, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TudorQueen

Yes the black sash, and upper part of the dress don't seem to fit well.

But they are both looking so happy and in love. And everyone around them as well.  :flower3:

It's a shame they will have to wait for a proper reception but they aren't alone in that of course. Makes sense they decided to marry before their son is born and have a proper reception later on. No point putting life on hold when they have no idea when restrictions will fully be lifted.

TLLK

IMO the black sash is there to keep the focus up towards her neckline and face and away from her abdomen/waistline.

TudorQueen

Tessy put some more photos on instagram including a nice one of Frank and his daughter Julia who was a bridesmaid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrQuoEJsEb/

LouisFerdinand

The wedding bouquet had very pretty roses.  :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

TudorQueen

First photo of the entire family together. Well until baby makes six.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrzp3kpoJH/

Can't post as they are on her stories, but she has some more photos including their wedding cake.

Curryong

Everyone looks very happy and content. However I?m a bit disappointed that an outdoor location with a celebrant wasn?t chosen in preference to what appears to be a rather unattractive registry office building. This is summer, come on guys surely a location on the banks of Lake Geneva would have been more worthy of the happy day than that!

And, much as Tessy looks nice I really don?t see the necessity for a black band/sash stretching over the upper bodice almost cutting the boob area off. If she wanted to draw attention away from her pregnancy there are many Princess line gowns on the market that would have done the job better that a width of black fabric on a pure white wedding gown.

Nevertheless, bride?s choice and I?m sure she was delighted with the dress. Hope the couple are very happy together.

TudorQueen

Quote from: Curryong on July 24, 2021, 12:27:08 AM
Everyone looks very happy and content. However I?m a bit disappointed that an outdoor location with a celebrant wasn?t chosen in preference to what appears to be a rather unattractive registry office building. This is summer, come on guys surely a location on the banks of Lake Geneva would have been more worthy of the happy day than that!

And, much as Tessy looks nice I really don?t see the necessity for a black band/sash stretching over the upper bodice almost cutting the boob area off. If she wanted to draw attention away from her pregnancy there are many Princess line gowns on the market that would have done the job better that a width of black fabric on a pure white wedding gown.

Nevertheless, bride?s choice and I?m sure she was delighted with the dress. Hope the couple are very happy together.

Switzerland has strict rules about civil ceremonies. They can't simply be held at any venue you choose.

There are three options in Geneva. The civil registry office where they married. Or there are two additional options, for a greater charge.

QuoteWhere can the marriage be celebrated?
The marriage is celebrated in the banquet hall in the district of the civil registry office chosen. In the City of Geneva, this is located in the former town hall of the municipality of les Eaux-Vives, which now houses the civil registry office. The married couple can also apply to hold the celebration in one of our two specific celebration venues made available by the City of Geneva. An Internet connection (WiFi or cable) is, in principle, available in the banquet hall.

If it is held in a different Swiss municipality from that where the preparatory procedure was completed, an authorisation to celebrate the marriage will be issued (fee: CHF 30).

If it is held abroad, a certificate of the legal capacity to marry will be issued for persons of Swiss nationality (fee: CHF 30).

The other two options are the Hotel-restaurant in the Eaux-Vives park and the Palais Anna et Jean-Gabriel Eynard. Who knows, perhaps those venues were filled (as limited places to wed and back up) or they simply preferred the one they used.

They had a lovely lake side venue for their meal after.

Curryong

I see, thanks for the info. That?s very different to Australia and somewhat different to Britain. I saw the lake-side venue for the reception which looked very pleasant. It?s unfortunate IMO that the couple couldn?t have made an early booking with one of the other venues.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54004302

Outdoor locations such as parks are already allowed in Australia and have been for years. I was married (for the second time, first was a church wedding)  at a beautiful vineyard in Victoria. Note in the above that Scottish ceremonies also don?t restrict locales.

Curryong

TudorQueen

Yes here in Canada you can get married basically any where. Some countries have rules, some stricter then others.

The UK has a number of rules. I remember you can't get married outside except Scotland I believe. It has to be in a permanent structure.

My aunt and uncle got married in a park when I was little. And my friend outside at a historic site where she worked summers (in her case because the only church in her town big enough for their guest list was an Orthodox church).

Where my aunt and uncle married (not their photos obviously)
An Okanagan Wedding in a Beautiful Old Park - Draht Photography

Curryong

What beautiful surroundings those photos show. (And of course Canada has some maginificent scenery.) Our parks in Melbourne are quite similar, in summer obviously. I have to say I do think that a superb outdoor location beats many churches hands down, though historical buildings of all kinds are fabulous as well.

TLLK

@Curryong-I believe that in the European nations that only recognize civil marriage ceremonies (Luxembourg, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland) that the ceremony must take place at the city/town hall. So I believe that's why this was the required venue. Though I agree that an outdoor event with lakes, hills, the Alps in the background would have been spectacular.

Here's the best info that I could find in English.
Marriage preparation for Switzerland

QuoteMarriage ceremony

The marriage is performed publicly by the Civil Registrar in the town hall in the presence of two adult witnesses. A religious marriage ceremony is optional and may take place only after the civil marriage. Please note that the Regional Consular Centre is unable to give information on religious marriages.

Amabel2

Yes most European countries do not recognise religious ceremonies and so, people have to have a civil ceremony to satisfy legal requirements.. and if they want a religious ceremony as well.. that has to be separate.  Anyway I dont like "Open air weddings"...
I think that most countries require the civil service to be in the town hall... or registered building.. the UK does not as far as I know permit outside weddings.. it has to be in a registrars office, or a licensed building...
And as for Tessy's dress, why a black sash?

TudorQueen

Quote from: TLLK on July 24, 2021, 02:40:42 PM
@Curryong-I believe that in the European nations that only recognize civil marriage ceremonies (Luxembourg, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland) that the ceremony must take place at the city/town hall. So I believe that's why this was the required venue. Though I agree that an outdoor event with lakes, hills, the Alps in the background would have been spectacular.

Switzerland offers a bit of wiggle room. As I posted above, some areas like Geneva offer 'approved options'. Geneva there are 2 alternatives.

The issue for some people would be the alternatives you pay a significantly higher charge to use the alternative. But for people like Tessy and Frank the cost would not be an issue. So left to either
1. they just preferred town hall
2.perhaps due to covid those alternatives are not currently open for use for ceremonies.
3 they were booked up already by people who had to delay weddings before

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on July 24, 2021, 02:46:47 PM
Yes most European countries do not recognise religious ceremonies and so, people have to have a civil ceremony to satisfy legal requirements.. and if they want a religious ceremony as well.. that has to be separate.  Anyway I dont like "Open air weddings"...
I think that most countries require the civil service to be in the town hall... or registered building.. the UK does not as far as I know permit outside weddings.. it has to be in a registrars office, or a licensed building...
And as for Tessy's dress, why a black sash?

Outdoor weddings are permitted in Scotland and Northern Ireland, and in some places in England, see below. And in hotter countries like Australia they?re often preferred!

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/outdoor-weddings-uk

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 24, 2021, 02:40:42 PM

Yes, I knew about France, the Netherlands, Monaco etc. However, somehow I thought Switzerland permitted outdoor weddings, perhaps because it?s become a favoured destination for British couples who want a location wedding abroad. In fact there are still ads up online offering destination weddings for English couples with ?lakes and mountains? as ?a backdrop? and ?outdoor weddings?.

Wedding Packages for Switzerland

TudorQueen

Quote from: Curryong on July 24, 2021, 08:07:57 PM
Yes, I knew about France, the Netherlands, Monaco etc. However, somehow I thought Switzerland permitted outdoor weddings, perhaps because it?s become a favoured destination for British couples who want a location wedding abroad. In fact there are still ads up online offering destination weddings for English couples with ?lakes and mountains? as ?a backdrop? and ?outdoor weddings?.

Wedding Packages for Switzerland

Its a bit misleading. But thats more the reception venues and the photographs. And some of the buildings may also have lovely views.

The site does include this

QuoteIn most cases, a legally-binding wedding in Switzerland is possible for American, UK and Canadian citizens as well as many other nationalities. You should know that the paperwork might require some time and bureaucratic effort. But no worries, we will tell you exactly what you need and who to contact! A legally-binding ceremony can only be performed by a licensed officiant and takes place in certain approved venues and at certain times. You should keep in mind that you might be more restricted in your choice of wording for your ceremony.

They also mention the option of having a non-binding religious wedding. Or also a 'symbolic' wedding. Where you may do the official ceremony/paper work back home before and the wedding in Switzerland is just for show.

QuoteSymbolic
A symbolic ceremony in Switzerland (not a legally-binding one) is definitely the best way to celebrate your destination wedding and elope in Europe. If at all possible, we recommend taking care of the legal paperwork back home and then having your ?real? wedding, a meaningful symbolic ceremony, in Switzerland without worrying about any legal requirements. This way you are not restricted in your choice of ceremony location and can also choose your individual bespoke wording for the ceremony.

Some people do choose that. They have their legal ceremony back home and then they have a second 'ceremony' in a foreign country. Sometimes it isnt possible for foreigners to marry in the country they want their 'ceremony'.

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas married in Vegas before they had their official wedding in France.

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas France Wedding Pictures | POPSUGAR Celebrity

QuoteQ: Can two foreigners get married in France?
A: The answer is yes. Two foreigners can get married in France just as two French nationals can get married there. There are, however, a few additional administrative considerations to think about before the wedding ceremony can take place, namely proofs of residency and the translation of any documents written in a language other than French. However, in order to have the legally binding civil ceremony in France, the couple must have resided there for 30 days.

Nightowl

I wish the best for Tessy and her new husband and family..regardless of who was or was not at the wedding really makes no difference as it was just the two of them exchanging vows.  That is what the wedding should be about, not who or who did not come as they are not important in the long run. 

We all make mistakes in life, some more than others and yes she married a royal prince and than a divorce....from all the what, gossip, lies, rumors, stores out there, I don't think she had it easy with some members who have shown attitudes of thinking they are better than other people all because they are not what.......royal!   What is Royal? Just a name given to a baby who had no choice when being born.....and hopefully later does some good for others with that  name attach to them.  The world is filled with those who think being royal is more special then ever...just look across many oceans far away in foreign lands also.

LouisFerdinand

Why is Tessy's marriage to Prince Louis referred to as a 'fairytale' marriage?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on July 25, 2021, 10:54:38 PM
Why is Tessy's marriage to Prince Louis referred to as a 'fairytale' marriage?

Who referred to the marriage as that? The Press no doubt! The media love putting allusions like that around if the bride is very young, innocent and beautiful and is marrying a Prince. The Diana/Charles wedding was described by the British media as ?fairytale? as well. In their case it also referred to the magical atmosphere surrounding the day.

With Tessy and Louis being very young and Tessy coming from an ordinary background and Louis from a royal one all the cliches were brought out again. The media ignored the pregnancy controversy and just concentrated on the couple being young, attractive and in love. The ?fairytale? thing is of course an allusion to the Cinderella story, a Baron?s daughter made to work in the kitchens but was transformed for a night and afterwards got her Prince.

TudorQueen

The press is not a fool, they know people still drink up the whole 'fairy tale' story.

Every royal marriage that makes the media is 'a fairy tale'. The emphasis goes up ten told in the news if its a commoner  and especially one from humble roots like Tessy. Or a single mom like Mette-Marit.

Canada and US we have all those Hallmark movies and a very common theme is the 'prince in disguise who falls in love with the regular working girl and whisks her off to his kingdom'

Amabel2

Yes well it didn't last.. did it?

Amabel2

Quote from: Nightowl on July 25, 2021, 04:00:05 AM
I wish the best for Tessy and her new husband and family..regardless of who was or was not at the wedding really makes no difference as it was just the two of them exchanging vows.  That is what the wedding should be about, not who or who did not come as they are not important in the long run. 

We all make mistakes in life, some more than others and yes she married a royal prince and than a divorce....from all the what, gossip, lies, rumors, stores out there, I don't think she had it easy with some members who have shown attitudes of thinking they are better than other people all because they are not what.......royal!   What is Royal? Just a name given to a baby who had no choice when being born.....and hopefully later does some good for others with that  name attach to them.  The world is filled with those who think being royal is more special then ever...just look across many oceans far away in foreign lands also.
But she's not royal now.. so Im a bit bewildered why she is posting all these pics of herself.  But then I can't understand the phenomenon...

TudorQueen

Its called social media for a reason. Every day John and Jill Doe post on social media. They post their kids, their life, their special events.

Tessy also uses her social media to promote her charities that she works with like Professors without borders. And her business as well.

I see people saying 'oh well in her laws pay the bills'. No her in laws pay for the boys schooling and for the overall housing. There is still a ton of living expenses and life. And yes she works to provide one for herself and her boys. She always has, even before divorce. And social media is a huge part of that.

She isn't simply going to become a librarian and vanish from public eye because she isn't a 'princess'. Just like Alexandra of Denmark.