RIF- Happy Winter Solstice and a COVID 19 thank you

Started by TLLK, December 21, 2020, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Tonight is the shortest night of the year for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. If you celebrate Winter Solstice, I hope that it is a peaceful and cozy one for you and your loved ones.  :snowflake:

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation and support to our Royal Insight Forum members and guests who have been providing service to their communities and nations in  physical/mental healthcare and social work. This year has been especially challenging requiring you to face a global crisis that has not been seen on such a scale in over a century. Your work be it providing in and out-patient care, healthcare administration, and ongoing social work to your communities has been so vital and challenging. Please know that it is appreciated  by me and others.  :notworthy:

Thank you and may 2021 be a very hopeful and healthy one for all here.  :xmas10: :vday4:

Curryong

A Happy Winter Solstice to you, TLLK. Thankyou for the tribute to health care professionals etc over this past year. And I must put in a word for the teaching profession as well. Teachers have faced some, shall we say, unique challenges over the last ten months or so!

I think we can all say, whether we are in professions that have been deeply impacted by this pandemic or not, that 2020 is not a year that anyone would want to repeat again. Ever! We just have to hope that these new vaccines make 2021 a much happier one. And that hospitals and their staff in the US, UK, Europe and everywhere else are able to hold on until the turning point is reached. 

So, a Happy and safe Xmas to all here and looking forward to a much brighter New Year.

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2020, 08:19:54 PM

By the way, almost forgot! Yesterday (21st December) was of course summer solstice in the Southern Hemisphere. A bit hilarious here in Victoria, with low temps and rain pelting down!

Blue Clover

Thank you for your heartfelt support for those working on the frontlines of the pandemic! Be safe and thank you!  :hug: