Shouldn't every child be born equal?

Started by snokitty, April 24, 2015, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

#bornEqual | Republic

QuoteWhile the media fawns over another royal birth Republic is asking one simple question: Shouldn't every child be born equal?

Every child should be born with the same political rights, the same opportunity to become head of state and to represent their country.  It is then up to each child, as they grow up, to strive for success and recognition.  No child should be born into a public role, into a position of status and privilege and taxpayer subsidised luxury.

A royal birth raises serious questions about our claim to be a democracy.  But the media won't think much about how daft it is to have a hereditary head of state, or what a royal baby says about equality in Britain.  They'll be feeding us endless trivia and speculation about the new baby.

We want to get those serious messages out there:

This is no way to line people up for the top job of head of state
    When 3.5m children live in poverty why are we being asked to celebrate this one child?
    This baby could become monarch, simply because of who their parents are.  In a democracy every child should be #bornEqual
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Limabeany

QuoteA royal birth raises serious questions about our claim to be a democracy.  But the media won't think much about how daft it is to have a hereditary head of state, or what a royal baby says about equality in Britain.  They'll be feeding us endless trivia and speculation about the new baby.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HistoryGirl

The answer to this is a resounding yes. However, even if royalty did not exist, not every child in Britain would have the opportunity to become head of state. Monarchy did not create inequality so democracy will not make every child born equal. These types of generalizations and simplistic overviews frustrate me.

tiaras

Yes^  :nod: not everyone has  equal  opportunities in life. Some are born with a silver spoon in their mouth, others not so much  :flower: it's not that simple either, but it is a fact that life isn't fair.

snokitty

While that may be true and there are people who will have no desire to be HOS. As it stands now No baby born has a chance to be HOS unless they are born to a Windsor.

It is about being able to choose ones own HOS and not about whether or not people wouldn't all have the same opportunities in life.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty