Hereditary and non-hereditary aristocrats and gentry for UK and Europe Chat

Started by beeswax, November 11, 2005, 02:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on February 01, 2023, 11:00:46 PM
Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia, he starts talking at Minute 1.36 (in 👌🏻   proficient Spanish)

EXCLUSIVA POR PRIMERA VEZ: Un Miembro de La Realeza Habla Sobre Meghan Markle, La Duquesa de Sussex - YouTube

So this man, who has never been in any working royal family that still has a throne, is flapping his gums about a person he has never met, and whose opinion of Meghan comes at second or third hand from cousins who live in England who have never met her either. His opinion is worth nothing, and if he wasn?t a Prince (of a non existent kingdom) nobody would give him the time of day to express anything in public.

wannable

Tiara gate
Passport confiscation gate whilst partying in NYC

Nothing different to what has been talked by everyone.

Curryong

Does this go here? I don?t know. This peerage page has the details of the projected wedding between Hugh, the Duke of Westminster and his fianc?e, Olivia Henson, and info on her family. They will marry in Exeter Cathedral in June 2024. So they are taking their time! This piece also points out that at the moment there is no heir to the Dukedom. No pressure then! .

Peerage News: Duke of Westminster and Olivia Henson's wedding details announced

LouisFerdinand

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's grandfather Claude Bowes-Lyon (1824-1904) was the 13th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne.   
The Canadian Pacific Railway named Strathmore, Alberta in his honor in 1884.

wannable

The King has appointed Sir Edward Young as his Permanent Lord in Waiting.

It means that Lord Young, who hit the headlines after clashing with Prince Harry, may represent the King at events which the monarch is unable to attend in person.

Richard Eden
Royal Reporter
Daily Mail
Via twitter

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: wannable on August 16, 2023, 07:22:15 PM
The King has appointed Sir Edward Young as his Permanent Lord in Waiting.

It means that Lord Young, who hit the headlines after clashing with Prince Harry, may represent the King at events which the monarch is unable to attend in person.

Richard Eden
Royal Reporter
Daily Mail
Via twitter
It is good to hear about the new Lord in Waiting. So often one only hears about Ladies in Waiting.

fawbert

Lady Isabel Fitzalan Howard, 29, younger daughter of the Duke of Norfolk and of Georgina, Duchess of Norfolk, has announced her engagement to Donald McFarlan, 30.

Peerage News: McFarlan/Fitzalan Howard engagement

Lady Isabel's father, the 18th Duke, as Earl Marshal, was responsible for the organisation of the coronation of the King and Queen in May.

-=-
Fawbert

fawbert

Amy Lascelles, niece of the Earl of Harewood, and her partner Matt Bolton have had a second child and first daughter. The infant is a great grandaughter of the late Earl of Harewood and a great-great granddaughter of the late Princess Mary, Princess Royal, Countess of Harewood

Peerage News: Latest descendant of the Royal House of Windsor ...
Fawbert

wannable

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

The death of the King's first cousin once removed (a nephew of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother) means that Sir Simon Bowes Lyon, former Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, is the last of this generation.

Curryong

The QM lived to a great old age however, so Sir Simon isn?t gone yet!

wannable

The Duke of Westminster's wedding June 2024.

TOM BOWER: Harry's exclusion from the high society wedding of his family friend is proof that he's now an outcast
By TOM BOWER FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

Harry had it coming. After his serial disloyalty, he's finally being excluded by those whom he believed were his closest friends.

And no snub is worse than that delivered by Hugh Grosvenor, the Duke of Westminster.

Not being invited - alongside the King, Queen, The Waleses and the cream of Britain's high society - to such a wedding underlines how much of an outcast Harry now is. It is understandable if a pre-eminent member of the British establishment did not want to risk embarrassing the Royal Family by turning the event into the inevitable circus that tends to accompany Harry and Meghan wherever they go.

The exclusion will also be hurtful for personal reasons. Grosvenor has been an old friend. As young men, the pair partied and shot together. The joint family bonds go deep. Both William and Harry chose Grosvenor as a godfather to their sons on a friendship level but also because their families' historic roots go back a long way.

Though undoubtedly wounded, Harry can hardly be surprised.

On his brief recent trips to Britain, he has invariably been shunned by his old friends. None openly support Harry, and privately they must despair at his recklessness. There was not only his appallingly ill-judged interview with Oprah Winfrey, but his shocking denunciation of William and Kate in Apple podcasts and the contents of his book, Spare. Making money out of traducing his family and Britain's greatest institution has been beyond the pale for many of his friends.

As an intimate of the Waleses, Grosvenor must be well-attuned to their anger with the Sussexes.

Grosvenor did not need to be told by William, 'It's him or us.' Surely, that message was tacitly understood. The wedding snub makes the dilemma facing Harry much clearer. If he ever wishes to return to Britain - and Meghan has been reported as saying she never will - he will have to overcome an increasing number of obstacles. There was a chance to mend bridges. But Omid Scobie's ridiculous book, filled with hurtful slurs, offered the Sussexes the chance to distance themselves from this pestilent writer. But they have not issued any official rebuttal against the accepted view that Scobie is their mouthpiece.

Any chance of reconciliation between the Royal Family and the Sussexes is now fanciful. And Grosvenor's omission of Harry and Meghan from his wedding guest-list is tantamount to the British Establishment finally shutting the door on Harry and Meghan. by Tom Tom Bower is author of Revenge: Meghan, Harry And The War Between The Windsors

TOM BOWER: Harry's exclusion from the high society wedding of his family friend is proof that he's now an outcast | Daily Mail Online

wannable

For what it is worth, The Sunday Times, Roya Nikkhah broke the above story with subsequent articles from other media outlets copyright purchasing to replicate and/or add their thoughts (Tom Bower).

The most important information IMO is not Harry being snubbed, but the fact that the couple had wanted the godparents to be a secret - Hugh is the godfather of George (age 10 to date, W&K, pictures and videos of godparents entering the church venue allowed) and when Archie was born (age 4 to date), godfather to him too (no video or pictures, no information of who the godparents are)

Nightowl

This is going to hurt, and hurt deeply for Harry (Meghan could care less as these people are not her friends)this is something Harry threw away, tossed in the garbage can, destroyed for the society he was in has shut the doors on him, slammed the doors and locked them and he has NObody but himself to blame. Yet Harry will never stop tormenting the royal family, he is rageful and angry and that is what is feeding his soul right now. Just seeing pictures, reading on the internet about the royal family is driving him mad with jealousy and why can't the royal family give me what I want. People all over the world that are royal watchers see his madness and emotional distress and like some I know just shake their heads.  His mother would not be proud of him today...absolutely not!

wannable

The Only Hurt is that they can't sell their story to the highest bidder participating at the Duke of Westminster's wedding!

We won't show are children, we won't mention the godparents, PRIVACY.  Next thing they did, show Archie stark naked taking a bath in their Netflix show.

Nightowl

I think somewhere deep inside Harry it will hurt personally if he has any feelings for his former life growing up with them......Meghan, well we know where she stands in regards to the royal family, she used Harry and them to get what she wanted, a mansion in one of the richest part of the US and near Hollywood, a title and lots of money, goal accomplished 100%.  How this woman can look in the mirror and face herself daily is beyond me. Oh well, she is Harry's problem and thank goodness not part of the royal family anymore, they sure don't need someone like her around them. The royal family is just doing that they have to do, the job of supporting the country and the people...if you love your country and the people that to me should be an easy thing to do.

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on December 04, 2023, 06:31:48 AM
I think somewhere deep inside Harry it will hurt personally if he has any feelings for his former life growing up with them......Meghan, well we know where she stands in regards to the royal family, she used Harry and them to get what she wanted, a mansion in one of the richest part of the US and near Hollywood, a title and lots of money, goal accomplished 100%.  How this woman can look in the mirror and face herself daily is beyond me. Oh well, she is Harry's problem and thank goodness not part of the royal family anymore, they sure don't need someone like her around them. The royal family is just doing that they have to do, the job of supporting the country and the people...if you love your country and the people that to me should be an easy thing to do.

I?m agreed with you Meghan is BS she wanted everything and she wanted stealing spotlight from Duke of Westminster and his fianc?e?s wedding not on watch NOPE!! But thankfully god Duke of Westminster and his fianc?e makes decisions not invite Sussex due not back to Netflix one years ago December 2022 and Harry?s memoir January 2023 but this Duke of Westminster and his fianc?e?s big day on June 2024 not Sussex?s big day!!

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on December 03, 2023, 05:29:56 PM
The Only Hurt is that they can't sell their story to the highest bidder participating at the Duke of Westminster's wedding!

We won't show are children, we won't mention the godparents, PRIVACY.  Next thing they did, show Archie stark naked taking a bath in their Netflix show.

Yes Harry and Meghan wont mention about name of godparents and wont show face of Archie and lilibet not necessarily for that my advice for Harry and Meghan don?t publish the picture of naked in the bath!!

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on December 03, 2023, 05:26:09 PM
This is going to hurt, and hurt deeply for Harry (Meghan could care less as these people are not her friends)this is something Harry threw away, tossed in the garbage can, destroyed for the society he was in has shut the doors on him, slammed the doors and locked them and he has NObody but himself to blame. Yet Harry will never stop tormenting the royal family, he is rageful and angry and that is what is feeding his soul right now. Just seeing pictures, reading on the internet about the royal family is driving him mad with jealousy and why can't the royal family give me what I want. People all over the world that are royal watchers see his madness and emotional distress and like some I know just shake their heads.  His mother would not be proud of him today...absolutely not!

You?re right about that Harry and Meghan been drama for what?!? Months,years and weeks unacceptable in the tabloid