Main Menu

some probems posting

Started by QueenAlex, August 08, 2020, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenAlex

I have had a few problems posting hte past week. Mostly its all OK but on one or 2 threads, I've found that the board wont let me do reply or quote so I can't post.. or once or twice I've been told that a moderator has to approve my reply but it is not consistent?

TLLK

@QueenAlex -We were experiencing some technical difficulties last week which is why the moderation approval notice was popping up. Are you still seeing a moderation notice when you try and post? I have not received any notification that posts need my approval since early in the week.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on August 09, 2020, 12:51:47 AM
@QueenAlex -We were experiencing some technical difficulties last week which is why the moderation approval notice was popping up. Are you still seeing a moderation notice when you try and post? I have not received any notification that posts need my approval since early in the week.

Umm.. I think it happened for 2 or 3 days earlier this week and I didn't know what to make of it.  It was only on some threads, other ones i didn't get the notice. Maybe it has stopped now?

TLLK

Administration was able to make the necessary adjustments so it should have stopped now.

PrincessOfPeace

I hope @sara8150 isnt having difficulties with posting. She does such a great job keeping threads updated.

wannable

Press the ''preview button if post button isn't working, that is what I did.  Glitches and Troubleshooting in community forum sites happen.

TLLK

@wannable-Thank you for letting me know. I will inform administration.

wannable

You are welcome, my account is what happened last week, so hitting the Post button nothing, hitting the preview button worked for me.  Also, it is a common issue from time to time according to community forum finding in the search engine/world wide web.  I investigated, initially I thought my laptop had a cleaning issue/the RIF is a HTTP rather HTTPS (S for security) but it's unrelated.

QueenAlex

Quote from: wannable on August 11, 2020, 12:42:16 PM
Press the ''preview button if post button isn't working, that is what I did.  Glitches and Troubleshooting in community forum sites happen.

Its not the post button, its reply or quote that got stuck and would not work...

TLLK

Thank you all who made me aware of the issues that you are having. I've alerted administration.

TLLK

I've alerted administration regarding the time settings for modifying a post and been assured that it will be looked into. Again thank you for making me aware of any problems.

Also I just wanted to remind everyone that if you ever see a post that you believe is spam or is in violation of the forum rules that you should alert me via the "Report this post" button. The button is located in the top right hand corner. It will send me an alert and then I can review the post and take the appropriate action.  :)
Thank you.

PrincessOfPeace

I have a question about auto-merge. Is that a moderation thing or just the way the forum software works? 

If I post a comment in a thread any subsequent comments I make within 24 hours auto-merge even if the comment is on a different topic or tangent which isnt really optimal imo.

TLLK

@PrincessOfPeace - Hi. As it was explained to me, this is how the forum software works to save space.

wannable

Yes, I have also linked ''new'' information in 24 hours (same experience), automerged  :thumbsdown:

Turned into instant old news being new.

TLLK

Thank you for sharing this @wannable and @PrincessOfPeace. I'll inform administration.

PrincessOfPeace

Tried to post about Harry and Meghan expecting a second baby and a moderation notice popped up saying that it must be approved

TLLK

Okay. Thank you for letting me know. I am currently not receiving any notification that I need to "approve" anything so I'll alert administration. Also  I've stickied @Curryong's original post so we can all use that thread.

@sara8150 -Received your pm and will post some of the articles that you shared. Thank you.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 26, 2020, 12:32:20 PM
I have a question about auto-merge. Is that a moderation thing or just the way the forum software works? 

If I post a comment in a thread any subsequent comments I make within 24 hours auto-merge even if the comment is on a different topic or tangent which isnt really optimal imo.

Still hoping the auto-merge can be done away with. A lot can change with a thread in 24 hours. @Blue Clover @TLLK

TLLK

@PrincessOfPeace-Honestly it's one that I wish could be done away with as well. I'll pass on the request to our Administrator to see if it is possible.

Curryong

I agree. When I was posting often on Covid as well as on the Sussex threads, the 24 hour auto-merge thing came up regularly. It was quite irritating when I wanted a new news item to be posted and it became automatically attached to an old one, therefore sometimes ending up on Page 2 soon afterwards. 

TLLK

Hey everyone. :hi: I am doing my best to remove the spam as quickly as possible. Administration has been notified. Please continue to alert me. Thank you.

Amabel2

Thanks TLLK..  there is certainly a lot of it lately.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on March 27, 2021, 11:56:38 PM
I agree. When I was posting often on Covid as well as on the Sussex threads, the 24 hour auto-merge thing came up regularly. It was quite irritating when I wanted a new news item to be posted and it became automatically attached to an old one, therefore sometimes ending up on Page 2 soon afterwards. 

I turned off Auto-merge. If you are still having problems, please let me know.

TLLK

Thank you @Blue Clover. IMHO this was a setting that really was not needed here.

PrincessOfPeace

I cant seem to find Harry and Meghans thread..