Countess of Wessex to Attend Sata’s Burial

Started by cinrit, November 09, 2014, 02:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex is scheduled to come to Zambia next week to represent Queen Elizabeth II at President Michael Sata's state funeral.  Sophie Rhys-Jones, who is the wife of the Queen's youngest son, will be in the country from 10th to 11th November 2014.

According to a statement made available to ZANIS yesterday by the British High Commission in Lusaka, the Countess of Wessex acts in support of the Queen and of her husband in his roles.

And the British government has expressed sadness at the death of President Sata.

More: Zambia : Countess of Wessex to attend Sata?s burial

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Good that HM has plenty of family members to delegate tasks when she is unable to attend.

TLLK

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

I'm also going to guess that Zambia is a tad warmer than the  UK in November? So I'm going to applaud her for keeping her cool.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on November 13, 2014, 11:44:52 PM
I'm also going to guess that Zambia is a tad warmer than the  UK in November? So I'm going to applaud her for keeping her cool.

In November, the UK and London in particular is like the Arctic - OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but that's what it feels like at the moment! Frost has already been scraped off my car and I've already put the main heating and fan heater on. Zambia would perhaps be a lot warmer than the UK, given the fact that it is in Africa and Africa is a generally hot climate. British weather is infamous for being grey and bleak all year round including in the summer, and that's mostly true (though we had a lovely summer this year, but I was in a hotter country for most of it so didn't get to experience that rarity).

We have had snow for at least four or three winters running, but last year we didn't get any due to Global Warming.