The Royal Family of Albania News and Chat

Started by TLLK, November 06, 2022, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A thread to discuss the non-reigning Royal Family of Albania.

Albanian Crown Prince criticises UK Home Secretary over migrant comments ? Royal Central

QuoteIn August of this year, it was reported that about 12,000 Albanians had arrived illegally in Great Britain during 2022. Now Crown Prince Leka II of Albania has taken a strong stand against what he calls the ?demonization? of Albanians.

It all started when MP James Daly said he wanted to return all Albanians that have entered the UK this year, writing on Twitter that he thought there are no reasons why Albanians should be granted asylum in the United Kingdoms. The British Home Secretary, Suella Braverman, has also received strong criticism after she referred to the illegal migration to Britain as an invasion.

Crown Prince Leka wrote on Twitter: ?The UK has a population of 67 million, with 6 million emigrants.12 thousand Albanians is not an invasion. The failings of British law enforcement is not our responsibility. A vast number of Albanians coming to Great Britain are from the EU and not Albania. Stop demonizing us for your own internal political benefits!?.

TLLK

Prince Leka and Princess Elia's two year old daughter Princess Geraldine was baptized recently. Her Godmother is Luxembourg's Princess Sibilla.

QuoteA divine touch on our family's white rose petals.
On the heavenly birth anniversary of Mother Queen Geraldine, on October 22, 2020, our family was blessed by the birth of a daughter, New Geraldine. We saw this as a blessed ogre coming to us from above and as a message: ?Let the girl walk, in the footsteps of my ".
We asked as parents for her baptism fulfilling a blessed will. On January 28, 2023, on the anniversary of the birth of my late mother, Queen Susan, our daughter was baptized with the apostolic blessing and in the name of the Holy Father Pope Francis, by Imz. Arjan Dodaj, Metropolitan Archbishop of Tirana-Durres.
In baptism she took the names Geraldine, Sibilla - in honor of her nun, LSM Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg - Francis - in honor of Pope Francis - Susan - in memory of her grandmother - and Maria, Lady Pajtore of Albania.
Heir to the Royal Family, Princess Geraldine was on this occasion adorned with the great chords of the royal orders of Faith and Skanderbeg.
Surrounded by family and close friends, this has been a special and extremely happy day for us, that cured the separated beginning of times and reconnected us spiritually with a missing dimension.
? Let the girl walk in my footsteps! ? - Blessed journey, our dearly beloved Geraldine, may God and His peace always be with you, at every step of your life! ❤️

TLLK

TLLK

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 22, 2023, 12:21:47 PM
Prince Leka wishes his daughter Princess Geraldine a very Happy 3rd Birthday.  :bday10:

HRH Crown Prince Leka on Instagram: "G?zuar ditelindjen vajza ime! U realizofshin t? gjitha d?shirat tuaja, mezi pres t? shoh se ?far? aventura

Happy Birthday Geraldine! Presumably the little Princess was named after her husband?s grandmother, Queen Geraldine, who was Queen Consort for about a year just before WW2.

TLLK

@Curryong - I believe that she is named after his grandmother.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 23, 2023, 04:06:34 PM
@Curryong - I believe that she is named after his grandmother.

Yes, why I said husband instead of father heaven knows! Geraldine #1 was of course an Austrian noble, married to King Zog.

TudorQueen

The little princess was born exactly 18 years to the day after Queen Geraldine died so was a fitting honor.

Nightowl

The little Princess is most definitely a very beautiful child, it will continue as she gets older I bet, that face is so cute!