Kate: Photography, Art and Museum Patronages and Charities

Started by PrincessOfPeace, January 28, 2014, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

This is like her Chelsea Garden 'Back to Nature'.  It's a great copy from the Natural History Museum.

Macrobug67

Natural History Museum

The Natural History Museum's vision is to advance their knowledge of the natural world, inspiring better care of our planet. The Museum's mission is to maintain and develop their collections, and use them to promote the discovery, understanding, responsible use and enjoyment of the natural world.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cambridge has joined children in a spider-making activity using pine cones and pipe cleaners at the Natural History Museum. Kate named her homemade creepy crawly 'Cuddles' joking with the children, "because I love cuddles, but maybe sometimes not from spiders".

It was part of a visit to the London museum's wildlife garden where Kate heard about its plans to create a cutting-edge research centre.

Kate Middleton Names Arts and Crafts Spider 'Cuddles' - YouTube

wannable

Kate telling the children at the NHM that she's a beekeeper

She took honey from Anmer Hall for the children to try.

PrincessOfPeace

James Middleton also keeps bees. His hives are populated with bees Catherine and William gave him from Anmer Hall.

Macrobug67

That warms my heart.  My family are beekeepers and maple syrup makers.  We are very sweet  :teehee:

Bees need protecting and I am very happy seeing people keeping them

wannable

🍯🐝

I also love maple syrup.  I've got 2 beautiful bottles (they are empty already) brought to me by a Canadian friend. Sadly back to Aunt Jemima, can't eat pancakes every weekend, but I did this past Saturday.

PrincessOfPeace

Honoured to be part of the new photography exhibition at @I_W_M in London, bringing together over 50 contemporary portraits of Holocaust survivors and their families.

Displayed for the very first time, these powerful photographs capture the special connections between Holocaust survivors and the younger generations of their families, and remind us of our collective responsibility to ensure their stories live on.

The exhibition is in partnership with the @The_RPS
and @HMD_UK, two organisations who invited The Duchess to be part of this special project, marking 75 years since the end of the Holocaust last year.

Thread: https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1423566230351405058?s=20

Nightowl

What an honor for Catherine and she has over time developed an eye for photography. You can see it in all the pictures she takes of the children and William.  In time Catherine has learned the job of a royal lady and took it to heart and made it her own, balancing the job with her family...a wonderful future queen consort in the making! :blowkiss:

PrincessOfPeace

Photography has an amazing ability to create a lasting record of what we have all experienced & are experiencing. 

That's why this #WorldPhotographyDay we wanted to celebrate the youth of the #HoldStill2020 photography project and share images from the youngest finalists.

There is so much talent, creativity, and curiosity displayed in each and every one of these pictures.

Thank you to the @NPGLondon for being the home and archive of all these incredible stories.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1428308671432470533?s=20

TLLK

Amazing work by some of the UK's youngest photographers.

PrincessOfPeace

The mum of a girl fighting cancer said the Duchess of Cambridge was 'caring and considerate' when they met her and has had an impact on her daughter.

Five-year-old Mila Sneddon featured in a picture from Kate's lockdown photographic project and came to symbolise isolation during the pandemic.

More: Mum of cancer patient, 5, who met Kate Middleton praises royal as 'so caring' - Mirror Online

Kate Middleton's positive impact on little Mila Sneddon revealed - EXCLUSIVE | HELLO!

TLLK

Glad to see that little Mila is doing well after her treatment. I loved the part where her mother shared that the butler at Holyrood Palace brought Mila a snack of Rice Krispies in a silver bowl placed on a silver platter.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cambridge hosted an event at Buckingham Palace this evening to thank those who worked on her Hold Still project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIodMKNVNE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

TLLK

Glad that there was an event to celebrate the partnerships who helped create the "Hold Still" project.

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Here's the DM article which has the up close photos of the incredible Imperial Easter Eggs. I believe that my favorite is the Alexander Palace Egg complete with the five children of Nicholas and Alexandra.

Kate Middleton cuts an elegant figure as she steps out at V&A   | Daily Mail Online

Quotehe Faberg? exhibition, which opened on 20th November, showcases over 200 objects and celebrates the work of Carl Faberg? and his internationally recognised firm that symbolised Russian craftsmanship and elegance.

During the visit, the mother-of-three heard more about Faberg?'s work and the relatively unknown Anglo-Russian nature of his enterprise, with his only branch outside of Russia opening in London in 1903.

The exhibition features the largest display of his legendary Imperial Easter Eggs in a generation, several of which are being shown in the UK for the first time.

PrincessOfPeace

Lynda Sneddon, 38, works for a local authority and lives in Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, with her husband Scott, 52, an engineer, and daughters Jodi, 17, and Mila, six.

More: Kate Middleton's kindness will never be forgotten by my sick daughter - meeting her was the best Christmas present

TLLK

A review of Catherine's museum and art related patronages/charities as she approaches her 40th birthday.

Kate at 40: Her patronages supporting the arts ? Royal Central

QuoteWhen a young Catherine Middleton enrolled as an art history major at the University of St Andrews, little did she know that not only she?d become the future Queen Consort but also the patron of a range of arts-related charities.

Her passion for photography and art has fuelled her work in the Royal Family just as much as her interest in mental health and the early years, and today she serves as royal patron of a range of arts-focused charities.

PrincessOfPeace

We are thrilled to be displaying a new portrait of Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge, as part of the Duchess's 40th birthday celebrations. The portrait is lent by the National Portrait Gallery.

More: Celebrating the Duchess of Cambridge's 40th birthday: new loan from the National Portrait Gallery | Reading Museum

PrincessOfPeace

Three portraits released to celebrate The Duchess of Cambridge's 40th birthday are now on display with @NPGLondon's 'Coming Home' exhibition.

They will visit a number of locations important in HRH's life over the coming month:

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1506241241150857222?s=20&t=F9I__enAni-DMn1IUbY6nw

Portraits marking The Duchess of Cambridge?s 40th Birthday displayed publicly for the first time in Berkshire, St Andrews and Anglesey - National

wannable

Majesty/Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

Kensington Palace: The Princess of Wales, Patron of the National Portrait Gallery, will reopen @NPGLondon on Tuesday 20th June following a three-year refurbishment programme.

PrincessOfPeace