Andrew and new Epstein Trial

Started by Curryong, July 10, 2019, 01:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

And Infanta Cristina's husband...but not for the same crimes as Bill Cosby. :notamused:

sandy

If a lot of accusers start appearing Andrew will be in deep trouble. At the very least, there probably would be substantial settlements out of court.

dianab

Quote from: wannable on December 04, 2019, 09:05:56 PM
Well, I hope he is completely out of the picture pressured or not by Charles to the dithering Queen, since I heard he will still be included in the yearly family events; walking the Sandringham Christmas day, the Garter Ceremony, Ascot, Trooping of the Colour, Remembrance Day.

I really dislike having negotiations and compromises (if any between Queen and POW, I believe the later wants him out for good in everything) related to an individual who's doomed and persona non grata.

Andrew shouldnt to be attending any family event anymore and yes should have his title removed.

If Charles allows Andrew attends to those public family events, Charles is so much a arrogant fool as their mother.

Curryong

I wonder whether Andrew will cut out Xmas at Sandringham this year?  Apparently the tabloids are now suggesting that there may be protesters from anti-sex trafficking organisations around if he joins the walk from Church.

It might be as well for him to absent himself for this year at least. There might be an awkward atmosphere! The Yorks are a tight unit and, who knows, they might all decide on Turkey dinner at the Swiss chalet. Sarah's never at Sandringham anyway and the Yorkie  daughters split from the place on Xmas afternoon after the Queen's speech. Hardly seems worth it, really. Might as well go to Siberia, er the Swiss snows.

wannable

Agree, the York's are a tight unit, I hope their daughters and their partners decide together what and where they will spend this Christmas.  I think he will be banned from Sandringham, or so I hope so. 

I believe the PR tactics of Charles is to pull out the DOC's family unit for the walk (including Maria Poppins with Prince Louis) to cover front page news.

TLLK

I agree @Curryong and @wannable that the DoY will not be publicly present at Sandringham for Christmas. I'm sorry that it will potentially impact Eugenie/Jack and Beatrice/Eduardo but IMO they won't be there either.

sandy

Quote from: dianab on December 05, 2019, 10:55:18 AM
Andrew shouldnt to be attending any family event anymore and yes should have his title removed.

If Charles allows Andrew attends to those public family events, Charles is so much a arrogant fool as their mother.

Charles still has to defer to his mother. Since she is the Queen.

dianab

Quote from: sandy on December 05, 2019, 11:16:12 PM
Charles still has to defer to his mother. Since she is the Queen.
it's wrong in so many levels andrew attends (ever again): Sandringham Christmas day, the Garter Ceremony, Ascot, Trooping of the Colour, Remembrance Day

he has to be banned of the royal life forever

amabel

Quote from: dianab on December 06, 2019, 12:14:10 PM
it's wrong in so many levels andrew attends (ever again): Sandringham Christmas day, the Garter Ceremony, Ascot, Trooping of the Colour, Remembrance Day

he has to be banned of the royal life forever
he's not going to be completely banned form Royal life... He may have to avoid public ceremonies for a few years.. and I hope he will never again do royal duties.. but he is a member of the family and he's not going to be totally ostracised.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on December 05, 2019, 01:19:04 PM
I wonder whether Andrew will cut out Xmas at Sandringham this year?  Apparently the tabloids are now suggesting that there may be protesters from anti-sex trafficking organisations around if he joins the walk from Church.

It might be as well for him to absent himself for this year at least. There might be an awkward atmosphere! The Yorks are a tight unit and, who knows, they might all decide on Turkey dinner at the Swiss chalet. Sarah's never at Sandringham anyway and the Yorkie  daughters split from the place on Xmas afternoon after the Queen's speech. Hardly seems worth it, really. Might as well go to Siberia, er the Swiss snows.

Andrew will not join sandringham on December 25 with members of royal family due protestors and mores I?m guaranteed have police on duties at sandringham 24/7

Duke of York will be no longer events in including trooping color,garter ceremony,Ascot,rembrance day and more but HM Queen makes decisions for Andrew can?t attend events

sandy

I think the protesters will still be there whether Andrew is or not.

sara8150

Quote from: amabel on December 06, 2019, 12:44:57 PM
he's not going to be completely banned form Royal life... He may have to avoid public ceremonies for a few years.. and I hope he will never again do royal duties.. but he is a member of the family and he's not going to be totally ostracised.

HM Queen makes decisions to banned her son for events including trooping color,garter ceremony,Ascot,rembrance day and more on events but HM Queen is head of state since 67 years and she is in charge

wannable

^^ Oh dear, what a nightmare, having protesters at the S walk. Andrew opened Pandoras box.

Prince Andrew 'was particularly fond of four-handed massages where two women work on you at the same time', claims ex-girlfriend who also reveals how models sat in his lap at art dealer's dinner party

Fresh details of Prince Andrew's sleazy behaviour have emerged after a friend who partied with him revealed how 'sexy young models' would fling their arms around him and call him 'Andy, Darling'.

sara8150

wannable

Richard Palmer
‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

Richard Palmer Retweeted Constitution Unit
Prince Andrew: keeping the monarchy small and allowing minor royals a means of escape are among six key lessons for a modern Royal Family, constitutional experts at UCL say.
Richard Palmer added,

Constitution Unit
@ConUnit_UCL
NEW BLOG: Prince Andrew: 6 lessons for modern monarchy.
Robert Hazell, who has
completed work on a study of European monarchies, offers 6 lessons for the?
12:46 AM - 6 Dec 2019

Constitution Unit
@ConUnit_UCL
UK's leading research centre on constitutional change based @uclspp. Parliament, government, referendums, elections. Sign up for our events, publications & blog

A very interesting and excellent read.  The report makes excellent points about greater changes of the monarchy. Much has changed in the past 20 years *75 years of ruling but work remains to be done. Biggest challenge remains the size of the working Royal family given the size of the Commonwealth with 16 realms and public expectations.

Read here: Prince Andrew: six lessons for modern monarchy | The Constitution Unit Blog

Curryong

Not much point protesting about child trafficking if the alleged perpetrator is nowhere to be seen. The Queen gets driven back to the House from the church and the rest of the royals know no more about this than anybody else. One more reason why the Yorkies should cut Xmas at Sandringham this year and just go to Switzerland or stay at Royal Lodge.

In fact after Bea's marriage she and Edo will probably move into a nice London apartment or house, and that would be ideal for future gatherings for the York family. Eugenie and Tom don't have the room at the moment. And for the first time for years Fergie will be able to eat Xmas dinner on the day with her family.

Double post auto-merged: December 06, 2019, 10:31:46 PM

Most of the article just summarises points of discussion that have come up here on this forum over the years. In Sweden for example King Carl Gustav himself is none too popular though Crown Prss Victoria is. Nevertheless I would not be surprised to see Sweden become a republic. The spirit of the place is against a monarchical system.

As far as the BRF is concerned, the next few years will see the retirement of the elderly Kents whether the Queen is with us still or not. That will being the numbers down to a dozen or so working royals. It was a mistake IMO for the Queen to ask the young new Duke of Gloucester to give up his architectural career. That won't ever happen again to a monarch's cousins, and I think the Duke and Duchess could be persuaded to retire in a couple of years.

That will bring it down to ten working royals. I do think that Anne and the Wessexes will continue to beaver away at the beginning of Charles's reign but the core working royals will be Charles, Camilla, Charles's sons, their wives and eventually George. I just can't see Charlotte or Louis being asked to slip on the golden handcuffs and within ten years Anne will probably be retired and within fifteen the Wessexes.

Blue Clover

Still, really horrible news being leaked.  :no:

Trudie

Quote from: Curryong on December 06, 2019, 10:10:49 PM
Not much point protesting about child trafficking if the alleged perpetrator is nowhere to be seen. The Queen gets driven back to the House from the church and the rest of the royals know no more about this than anybody else. One more reason why the Yorkies should cut Xmas at Sandringham this year and just go to Switzerland or stay at Royal Lodge.

In fact after Bea's marriage she and Edo will probably move into a nice London apartment or house, and that would be ideal for future gatherings for the York family. Eugenie and Tom don't have the room at the moment. And for the first time for years Fergie will be able to eat Xmas dinner on the day with her family.

Double post auto-merged: December 06, 2019, 10:31:46 PM

Most of the article just summarises points of discussion that have come up here on this forum over the years. In Sweden for example King Carl Gustav himself is none too popular though Crown Prss Victoria is. Nevertheless I would not be surprised to see Sweden become a republic. The spirit of the place is against a monarchical system.

As far as the BRF is concerned, the next few years will see the retirement of the elderly Kents whether the Queen is with us still or not. That will being the numbers down to a dozen or so working royals. It was a mistake IMO for the Queen to ask the young new Duke of Gloucester to give up his architectural career. That won't ever happen again to a monarch's cousins, and I think the Duke and Duchess could be persuaded to retire in a couple of years.

That will bring it down to ten working royals. I do think that Anne and the Wessexes will continue to beaver away at the beginning of Charles's reign but the core working royals will be Charles, Camilla, Charles's sons, their wives and eventually George. I just can't see Charlotte or Louis being asked to slip on the golden handcuffs and within ten years Anne will probably be retired and within fifteen the Wessexes.

I agree on all points here Curryong this year alone Christmas will be interesting in the past couple of years Zara and Mike have celebrated down under, the Sussex's will not be in attendance there is some talk mostly speculation William and Kate may not be in attendance as well. Given the current situation with Andrew there is a chance he will be at Sandringham and discreetly enter the church for the service and again discreetly exiting but if Beatrice and Eugenie walk with the rest they face being heckled as his daughters though they know nothing more than the public. This year the York family should celebrate privately something I'm sure Sarah would love.

@ Blue Clover I agree that still really horrible new is being leaked however, I believe in the weeks and months ahead it is only going to get worse.

sandy