Engagement, Marriage, Divorce of Diana and Charles (Thread from 2020 onward)

Started by TLLK, February 24, 2020, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on April 08, 2021, 01:55:53 PM
If Lady Diana had married an aristocrat who was the main title holder ie Duke, Earl, Marquess I believe that she'd realize that they'd need to live at the family's estate if they still possessed one.
HOneslty it is so unlikely that Diana would have gotten remarried to an English aristocrat that its impossible to imagine. Much more likely she'd marry a millionaire businessman, probably a foreign one. Di wasnt goig to bury herself in the countryside again

TLLK

@Amabel2 -Actually I was thinking along the lines of Diana marrying an aristocrat in her twenties instead of the PoW. However it is possible that @LouisFerdinand  was thinking of a second marriage to a UK aristocrat.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on April 08, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
@Amabel2 -Actually I was thinking along the lines of Diana marrying an aristocrat in her twenties instead of the PoW. However it is possible that @LouisFerdinand  was thinking of a second marriage to a UK aristocrat.
I assumed it was meaning a second marriage.. but if it was a first marriage.. I don't think anyone knows where Diana would have liked to live back then. I tend to think that even had she married someone she dated at 19 or so, she'd prefer London to the country.. and her boyfriends dont seem to have been among the peerage....

Amabel2

Quote from: Amabel2 on April 08, 2021, 06:27:58 PM
I assumed it was meaning a second marriage.. but if it was a first marriage.. I don't think anyone knows where Diana would have liked to live back then. I tend to think that even had she married someone she dated at 19 or so, she'd prefer London to the country.. and her boyfriends dont seem to have been among the peerage....

If it comes to that, I dont think anyone could say where Diana would have wanted to live, after her divorce.  She talked about getting away from England... and I dont think she dated anyone English after Oliver Hoare..but its not all that clear had she found a second husband, where she saw herself settling with him.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: TLLK on April 08, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
@TLLK, When I referred to her as Lady Diana, I was referring to a first marriage. Thus she would not have wed Prince Charles.

Amabel2

I dont think that she dated anyone seriously back then other than charles.  She had boyfriends but none of them were anywhere near marraige proposals, and none of them were titled or aristocrats with large estates.  I dont think she even dated any gentlemen farmers....

Macrobug67

The place (and only place, please) to post articles and discuss the history of the Wales.  Have fun and please be respectful of others opinions.

Izabella

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on April 07, 2021, 09:21:01 PM
If Lady Diana had married an aristocrat, would he have agreed to live where she wanted to live?

Don?t think she would have married anyone in that circle and away from England. Who knows. She probably would?ve been happy being a Doctor?s wife, continue her work and raise more kids.   :shrug:  :orchid:

Amabel2

I dont really think she was cut out for a doctors wife.  She was a Princess, used to a very different sort of life.  And if she married Khan, he would have wanted to go nad live in Pakinstan and he said that he thought it was one of the few places they could avoid the press.  But Diana after visits to Pak told him it wasn't suitable....

wannable

Speaking about legal documents, which are tied to passport (if you don't have a passport) an Identification Card (ID)

Here is Diana's passport.

As an example of an actual (British) spouse to the BRF, The Royal House

Name of Bearer: Her Royal Highness Catherine Elizabeth The Duchess of Cambridge
Nee: Catherine Elizabeth Middleton
National Status: Princess of the Royal House

Amabel2

How is that Di's passport?  It is the passport of Prince charles, surely

wannable

The 2 images I posted are their passports.  Here as you can see is Diana's passport (illegally photographed at an Asian tour immigration desk - because of the entry stamp - they entry stamp I am not posting, not worth it) The immigration officer just used one closed passport to hold the other passport open to take the picture.  Same thing with the image of Charles detailed passport, they used DIana's closed passport to hold Charles data open to take the picture. They each have a different Passport ID number.

In the Lilibet thread is Charles passport, the image is too large, couldn't make it small like Diana's, but at the bottom of Charles passport, use the mouse moving to the right side and you will see his details.

LouisFerdinand

It will now be 40 years that Diana and Charles married.       

Fascinating facts about Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding.   
Fascinating facts about Prince Charles and Princess Diana?s wedding #Shorts | Royal Family - YouTube

sara8150

I was baby at 3 month old I didn?t watch Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales?s wedding in July 29,1981 I was newborn baby my mom watch royal wedding what old you were when Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales?s wedding television or watch outside crowds

The codename given for Diana to keep her wedding gown under wraps | Daily Mail Online

Prince Charles and Lady Diana's bridesmaids: Where are they now? | Daily Mail Online

IAN GALLAGHER speaks to Elizabeth Emanuel about Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Everything you need to know about Princess Diana's wedding gown | Daily Mail Online

Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding Cake to Be Auctioned Off | PEOPLE.com

Princess Diana and Prince Charles both made mistakes on their wedding day - details | HELLO!

Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding day in detail: the slip-ups, the dress, and being in the 600,000-strong crowd | HELLO!

Diana and Charles's royal wedding cake slice tipped to fetch eye-watering ?500 at auction | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles ordered Red Dragon to be added to wedding cake 'of the century' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Charles' secret message to Princess Diana before wedding revealed: 'Knock 'em dead' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kate Middleton and Prince William's nods to Charles and Diana's wedding on their big day - Mirror Online

Princess Diana's bridesmaids now - Queen's 'adored' niece and one that sold her dress - Mirror Online

Princess Diana broke with tradition during wedding vows - and was first royal to do so - Mirror Online

Princess Diana had a hidden message on the shoes she wore on her wedding day - Mirror Online

Slice of Charles and Diana's wedding cake on sale - and it's still wrapped in clingfilm - Mirror Online

Princess Diana and Prince Charles both made mistakes during their wedding vows - Mirror Online

Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding secrets - private note and shock admission - Mirror Online

Story of Princess Diana's wedding dress - record train, backup gown and creator's horror - Mirror Online

Princess Diana rode around on a bike singing with excitement night before her wedding - Mirror Online

Forty years on: The Wedding Dress of Diana, Princess of Wales ? Royal Central

Royal Wedding Flowers: Diana, Princess of Wales ? Royal Central

Forty years on: the royal fairytale wedding that missed its happy ending ? Royal Central

How Britain partied for the Royal Wedding called a ?Fairytale? ? Royal Central

The tiara worn by Diana on the day she became a princess ? Royal Central

Princess Diana?s wedding gown secrets revealed, 40 years later

LouisFerdinand

In Diana Princess of Wales Julia Delano wrote: Lady Diana Spencer married her prince and became a genuine twentieth-century Fairytale Princess.  :Jen: :Jen: :Jen: :Jen:

LouisFerdinand

In Diana Princess of Wales Julia Delano wrote: It was a dream of a wedding dress.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on July 30, 2021, 11:47:43 PM
In Diana Princess of Wales Julia Delano wrote: It was a dream of a wedding dress.

It was a dream of a wedding dress for a 1980s 19 year old. Whether it was a dream of a dress for all time on classic lines is debatable.

It was supposedly copied from a portrait at Althorp of an 18th century Spencer ancestress. I do have a fondness for it as I believe its bulk and the very long train was able to ?fill up? the vastness of St Paul?s. It also encapsulated what was regarded as the fairytale magic of the wedding day, which was felt by virtually everyone who witnessed it.

However it would be impossible for most people today to look at that dress and not think ?1980s personified?. It is a part of history nonetheless and will always bring back memories of the bride of 20 as Diana was then.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on July 31, 2021, 12:09:34 AM
It was a dream of a wedding dress for a 1980s 19 year old. Whether it was a dream of a dress for all time on classic lines is debatable.

It was supposedly copied from a portrait at Althorp of an 18th century Spencer ancestress. I do have a fondness for it as I believe its bulk and the very long train was able to ?fill up? the vastness of St Paul?s. It also encapsulated what was regarded as the fairytale magic of the wedding day, which was felt by virtually everyone who witnessed it.

However it would be impossible for most people today to look at that dress and not think ?1980s personified?. It is a part of history nonetheless and will always bring back memories of the bride of 20 as Diana was then.
Also, very few women could have carried that dress off. It suited her tall slim figure as much as it was a dress for the times. She looked like she belonged in a fairy tale!

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 01, 2021, 05:50:05 PM
Also, very few women could have carried that dress off. It suited her tall slim figure as much as it was a dress for the times. She looked like she belonged in a fairy tale!
@Princess Cassandra, That is an excellent observation. Also, there were a lot of steps of the cathedral for her and her father to ascend.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on August 01, 2021, 10:50:44 PM

@Princess Cassandra, That is an excellent observation. Also, there were a lot of steps of the cathedral for her and her father to ascend.
Yes, didn't it look gorgeous from a distance.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 04, 2021, 04:16:39 PM
Yes, didn't it look gorgeous from a distance.
Yes, The view was splendid from a distance. Diana carried herself very well.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Since this thread is now at 17 pages, it's time to close it. For future discussion about the Wales' engagement, marriage, separation and divorce please continue the conversation in that thread.

TLLK

Just a reminder that this is now the only dedicated thread to discuss the engagement, marriage, separation and divorce between the Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales. Please do not start new threads related to their married life or Diana's life post-divorce. Thank you.

TLLK

Consider the source. A former royal protection officer is claiming that the late Diana, Princess of Wales was the first to stray in her marriage to the PoW.

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Princess Diana was the first to stray during her marriage Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online

QuoteViewers of Netflix hit The Crown are left in no doubt who was to blame for the collapse of Prince Charles and Diana?s marriage: he?s shown sneaking off to renew his love affair with Camilla Parker Bowles while the Princess is left crying at the Palace.

Now, however, one of the couple?s former royal protection officers has come forward to present a startlingly different version of events.

Allan Peters claims Charles did not start seeing Camilla romantically again (they had first met in their early 20s) until after he discovered Diana had been having a fling with fellow protection officer Barry Mannakee.

And Peters was the one who informed Charles of his wife?s affair.