Dickie Arbiter's Book: on His Time w/Prince Charles, Diana & Other Royals

Started by Limabeany, August 03, 2014, 10:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on September 07, 2014, 08:43:54 PM
However much you blame Charles for his marriage, I don't see what that has to do with a staff member selling his personal information to the world.  Just like Diana making bad decisions in her personal life didn't make it okay for her staff to sell her information, as so many of them regrettably did.
Just like Charles making bad decisions about his personal life, it didn't make it ok for his friends to say what he wanted tehm to say, in my eyes, only the Queen is above all this.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

amabel

?  his friends are his Friends.  If he was OK with them saying things about his personal life, then there's nothing wrong with them talking to the press though it might have been wiser not to.  Diana used her friends to brief the press as well.. and in sourcing Diana her True Story. If you give your friends permission to tell things that you told them in confidence it is not the same as an employee, using his psostion to make money for himself in telling things that you did NOT give him permission to say.

Limabeany

He is "angered" by this while authorizing Penny Junor's vicious biography on his own son? What a self-absorbed hypocrite. Charles has no moral high ground to be upset, none.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

amabel

Quote from: Limabeany on September 08, 2014, 05:45:57 AM
He is "angered" by this while authorizing Penny Junor's vicious biography on his own son? He has no moral high ground to be angry, none.
sorry you've lost me?  What vicious biography?  which son? How has he authorised it?  Surely only WIll or Harry could do that?

Limabeany

According to @EmilyAndrews, "KP co-operated so as close to authorised bio asposs" on Penny Junor's Prince Harry bio, there is no way Prince Harry did this to himself.

Curryong

I don't believe that Harry authorised anyone to speak to Junor on his behalf. (If he did we wouldn't be getting this second hand trash that she's been peddling in her serialisation.) Nor do I believe that Harry saw any drafts before they went to the publishers or otherwise he'd be asking her to change her particular take on his mother.

Canuck

Co-operated may well mean authorized some people to talk to her, but j highly doubt it involved having editorial control over drafts of the book.  All of the Royal bios that got co-operation still say some things I'm sure the subject would rather they not -- they aren't ghostwritten autobiographies, with full control of the content.

Trudie

Quote from: amabel on September 08, 2014, 05:47:17 AM
Quote from: Limabeany on September 08, 2014, 05:45:57 AM
He is "angered" by this while authorizing Penny Junor's vicious biography on his own son? He has no moral high ground to be angry, none.
sorry you've lost me?  What vicious biography?  which son? How has he authorised it?  Surely only WIll or Harry could do that?

Go to the Harry thread or the Daily mail that is serializing the book. Harry is thrown under the bus. Clarence House has approved the book.

Canuck

Clarence House didn't approve the book.  KP co-operated with it.  As in Harry, not Charles.

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on September 07, 2014, 08:43:54 PM
However much you blame Charles for his marriage, I don't see what that has to do with a staff member selling his personal information to the world.  Just like Diana making bad decisions in her personal life didn't make it okay for her staff to sell her information, as so many of them regrettably did.
:goodpost:

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on September 08, 2014, 11:41:55 AM
Clarence House didn't approve the book.  KP co-operated with it.  As in Harry, not Charles.
If Harry was agreeable to his friends, colleagues etc... working with Ms. Juror then he had to be aware of what type of information about his youth going to be shared.

sandy

Do you honestly think Harry would have signed up to have his mother bashed? This has Charles fingerprints all over it. Camilla is probably cackling over the Diana bashing by the Hatchet Woman.

Jephson said that a MS of Charles Victim or Villain arrived at Charles' offices at St. James Palace. I would suspect Charles knew all about  this but of course he could not do a thing about the hatchet woman. Yeah right.

Canuck

Do you honestly think that Harry's friends or personal staff would have talked to PJ against Harry's wishes? 

This book does not appear any different than the one PJ wrote about Will when he turned 30 -- it contained the same type of information about Diana, and the same basically positive view of its subject (then Will, and now Harry).

amabel

Quote from: Canuck on September 08, 2014, 05:50:19 PM
Do you honestly think that Harry's friends or personal staff would have talked to PJ against Harry's wishes? 

This book does not appear any different than the one PJ wrote about Will when he turned 30 -- it contained the same type of information about Diana, and the same basically positive view of its subject (then Will, and now Harry).
I'm not so sure that royal friends and servants show tehs same kind of loyalty these days but I don't really think that they are likely to rubbish their friend/employer all that much, at least while still in favour.

Double post auto-merged: September 09, 2014, 05:10:59 AM

why does publicity say tht Clarence House gave "the nod" to the book?

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on September 08, 2014, 03:36:14 PM
If Harry was agreeable to his friends, colleagues etc... working with Ms. Juror then he had to be aware of what type of information about his youth going to be shared.
Given Harry's capacity to hold grudges, the fact that the only person who has consistently benefitted from her books is Charles, given she consistently trashes the mother he dedicates his work to publicly many times, never to Charles by the way, I don't see why he would select Junor unless he wasn't given a choice.

amabel

Curryong

I've never heard that Harry holds grudges, either. I think he's a positive sort of person.

amabel

I agree. Not that I can eget up much interest in him but he is IMO too jolly and lively to be thinking about the past or holding a grudge.  And while he is not the brightest, I assume htat he's OK with Penny Junor writing a biography or he might have commissioned someone else. So I doubt if he was going to let soemoen write a bio of him if they were so hostile to him as people seem to be claiming...

Trudie

How do you know amabel?. The nod for the book came from Clarence House and there is not much Harry can do about it since Charles pays for their office and engagements.

cinrit

Well, saying the book came from Clarence House is kind of pushing it.  Is there anything in the book that is untrue?  If not, then what are the complaints?  I doubt Charles would throw his own son to the lions.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Canuck

I would say there's very little chance that Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton would have spoken with PJ on the record -- letting her use his name in quoting him -- if Harry hadn't agreed to it.  JLP still works as an advisor to Harry (and Will and Kate) and has been very close to the boys for a long time.  Do people really think he would turn on Harry by publicly co-operating (again, actually attaching his name to it) with a book Harry hadn't authorized him to take part in?

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on September 12, 2014, 09:31:27 PM
Well, saying the book came from Clarence House is kind of pushing it.  Is there anything in the book that is untrue?  If not, then what are the complaints?  I doubt Charles would throw his own son to the lions.

Cindy
I assume that Harry is OK with the book.  If he weren't, he'd probably have commissioned a book from a tame author which would pump him up, if this book is highly ciritcial of him. Is it?  has anyone read Any of it?

Trudie

Cindy

Cindy I said the NOD for the book came from Clarence House this was published along with the serialization look it up in the Harry thread and yes Harry has been thrown before with the rehab story after it was revealed he smoked cannabis aka marijuana.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on September 13, 2014, 06:22:47 AM

Cindy
I assume that Harry is OK with the book.  If he weren't, he'd probably have commissioned a book from a tame author which would pump him up, if this book is highly ciritcial of him. Is it?  has anyone read Any of it?

I doubt Harry commissioned the book. Choosing a woman who loathes his deceased mother. No way!

Penny Junor writes the books of her own volition and is a C and C person. She is pushing her own agenda and is obviously trying to make C and C pleased raising the two of them to sainthood.

Harry is only 30 and there have been other books about him and he does not have to "commission them."

I can't imagine Harry would choose a hatchet woman who constantly attacks his mother

Double post auto-merged: September 13, 2014, 11:48:27 AM

Quote from: Canuck on September 08, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

The same type of information about Diana? The same type of bashing is more accurate.

Junor goes on like a broken record about Diana and makes C and C look like living Saints. Maybe she should get them canonized.

Double post auto-merged: September 13, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

Quote from: Canuck on September 12, 2014, 09:38:54 PM
I would say there's very little chance that Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton would have spoken with PJ on the record -- letting her use his name in quoting him -- if Harry hadn't agreed to it.  JLP still works as an advisor to Harry (and Will and Kate) and has been very close to the boys for a long time.  Do people really think he would turn on Harry by publicly co-operating (again, actually attaching his name to it) with a book Harry hadn't authorized him to take part in?

There's nothing wrong with people being interviewed about Harry. The wrong part is that Junor clearly has an agenda and a lot of the book is about praising C and C to the skies and condemning Diana.

Double post auto-merged: September 13, 2014, 11:50:41 AM

Cindy

There are many things untrue in the book--Junor is skewing things to get honors from C and C. Nobody but Junor puts out the Diana makes threatening calls to Camilla rubbish. It sounds like something out of a cheap melodrama.