Princess Beatrice Has Joined The panel Of Judges For Oscar’s Book Prize

Started by duchesschicana, February 05, 2016, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duchesschicana

QuotePrincess Beatrice said she was delighted to become a judge for the Evening Standard's children's book awards. The royal joins the panel for Oscar's Book Prize, set up in memory of Oscar Ashton, the son of Evening Standard columnist James Ashton. He died in 2012 at the age of three from an undetected heart condition.

The £5,000 award, for the best first book published in 2015 for children aged five or under, pays tribute to Oscar's love of stories.Princess Beatrice, pictured, said today: "I'm really excited to be involved as a judge for Oscar's Book Prize. I've always loved picture books, so I'm looking forward to having a chance to review all the brilliant entries."

The princess was diagnosed with dyslexia when she was younger, but overcame her reading difficulties after discovering the Harry Potter books. She joined our Get London Reading campaign in 2013. More Here
Oscar?s Book Prize 2016: Princess Beatrice to judge our children?s book prize | London | News | London Evening Standard