Charles and Camilla -General Chat

Started by cinrit, March 30, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The PoW has written his annual article for Country Life magazine ahead of his birthday on Nov. 14.

HRH The Prince of Wales: 'The UK is one of the most Nature-depleted places on the planet... we have to respond now before the capacity of Nature?s

QuoteThe plight of Britain?s hedgerows is at the heart of Country Life?s leader article of 10 November, 2021, in which The Prince of Wales writes eloquently and passionately about what we have lost ? and what we can do about it.

?Between 1945 and 1985, we lost about 100,000 miles of hedgerows, a length that could circle the Earth four times,? he writes.

?Those that survived were often neglected, leaving rows of unkempt trees full of gaps incapable of keeping rural life intact because, not only do hedgerows hold livestock in place, they also protect the soil. Without them, huge amounts of fertile topsoil have been lost to the wind and water erosion.?

TLLK

Charles & Camilla?s year in review: A focus on important issues ? Royal Central   :snowflake:

A look back at 2021 for the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall focusing on their official duties, the ongoing COVID issues and the personal highs and lows the couple faced this year.

wannable

HRH Duchess of Cornwall

Royal Family Order (2007)
Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012)
Royal Victorian Order (2012)
Order of Garter (2022)

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on January 01, 2022, 12:32:06 AM
HRH Duchess of Cornwall

Royal Family Order (2007)
Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012)
Royal Victorian Order (2012)
Order of Garter (2022)
So pleased to see the Order of the Garter. I love that it is a first in a way, too. I am also happy that the Queen has the pleasure of giving it.

TLLK

Camilla will be the guest editor of  Country Life magazine this summer.  :flower3:  IMO she's perfect for the role.

The Duchess of Cornwall gets a new job ahead of her 75th birthday ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall will mark a milestone birthday by taking on a new role. Camilla will be guest editor of Country Life magazine with her edition coming out as she turns 75 this summer.

The royal special is part of celebrations for the 125th anniversary of the magazine which was began with a remit to support the countryside, rural life and heritage.

The Duchess is expected to put the spotlight on causes close to her heart in the edition she oversees. It?s due to hit shelves on July 13th 2022, just days before her birthday. The Duchess of Cornwall is 75 on July 17th 2022.

Her husband, the Prince of Wales, has already guest edited the publication several times with the edition he masterminded for his 70th birthday in 2018 becoming the biggest selling in the magazine?s history. He also edited the magazine in 2013 at the time of his 65th birthday while his sister, the Princess Royal, took the helm in August 2020 when she celebrated turning 70.

Camilla?s edition will include features on her love of horses and dogs and she will also reveal her champions of the countryside. There will also be two royal reveals with the Duchess sharing her favourite recipe and her favourite view.

Princess Cassandra

Wow, the Duchess has had quite a week!

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid-19 for a second time and has pulled out of a visit to Winchester today. A Clarence House spokesman said: "This morning the Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating."

Princess Cassandra

Good Lord, a positive Covid test following a full case plus vaccinations!  I hope it will be a very mild case. 

TLLK

I'm sorry that Charles has tested positive again for COVID though I hope that since he's completely vaccinated that his symptoms will be mild ones.

He should set up a Zoom chat with QMI in Denmark and King Felipe in Spain. Might as well use the isolation time productively.  :high5: Margrethe can teach them how to decoupage. Charles can give them a short tutorial in watercolors. Felipe can offer Charles and Margrethe the chance to brush up on their Spanish.    :D

sara8150

Princess Cassandra

Hopefully his symptoms will stay mild.   

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for Covid-19, Clarence House says. "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating. We continue to follow government guidelines."

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 14, 2022, 12:08:24 PM
The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for Covid-19, Clarence House says. "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating. We continue to follow government guidelines."
This is a concern in my opinion; most who are vaccinated and boostered do well and have a very brief illness from the Omicron Variant, but you can still get very sick from it. I pray she is not one of them.

TLLK

I am a little more concerned about Camilla as she's been the one who has had issues with pulmonary illness in the past. Hoping that this will just be like a cold for her with no lingering effects.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 14, 2022, 02:29:28 PM
I am a little more concerned about Camilla as she's been the one who has had issues with pulmonary illness in the past. Hoping that this will just be like a cold for her with no lingering effects.
Yes, I feel the same way.  She is a former smoker as well.

TLLK

Charles has returned to his first in-person engagement today. However he had meetings yesterday.

wannable

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
@ClarenceHouse
Residents of Queensland and NSW are facing enormous challenges due to the ongoing flooding.

The Duchess of Cornwall is Patron of Australian non-profit @GIVIT_AUS which works with a range of organisations including local charities and community groups to support those affected.

GIVIT helps people get exactly the items they need for the situation they are in.

Curryong

The PM, in spite of being in isolation (Covid) has been keeping a close eye on the situation in Queensland and NSW. Both States will need disaster relief moneys. People will be grateful for what GIVIT can do. At the moment cleanup operations have been going on and getting food to more remote suburbs and towns is paramount. The supermarkets there are virtually empty.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 14, 2022, 02:29:28 PM
Thankfully she appears to have recovered well and is back to work. In most cases vaccinations and boosters make all the difference, but that isn't always the case and I was concerned when we didn't hear anything about her.

TLLK

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1501615368636358659?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

QuoteThe Cambridges bringing brownies to today?s visit will certainly draw comparisons to Meghan?s homemade banana bread on 2018 Australia Tour. 

But I would like to point out Camilla has been doing it for years. Although her treat are usually made by @ClarenceHouse
Baker.

According to Rebecca English, Camilla starting sharing treats from the Clarence House baker as far back as 2012.  :bday2:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 04, 2022, 02:18:22 AM
Thankfully she appears to have recovered well and is back to work. In most cases vaccinations and boosters make all the difference, but that isn't always the case and I was concerned when we didn't hear anything about her.
Update: Camilla says she is still experiencing symptoms - but she is keeping to her schedule.