Saudi king mobilises National Guard for Yemen operations

Started by snokitty, April 22, 2015, 01:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Saudi king mobilises National Guard for Yemen operations | Daily Mail Online

QuoteSaudi Arabia's King Salman has ordered the National Guard, a ground force that exists apart from the army, to mobilise for operations against rebels in Yemen, the official SPA news agency said Tuesday.

It did not clarify how the National Guard would take part in the operation, which has seen a Saudi-led coalition launch air strikes against the rebels.

SPA quoted National Guard Minister Prince Miteb bin Abdullah as saying he was "honoured" by Salman's "decision that National Guard forces take part" in the operation.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

cate1949

things in the ME are not going in a good direction -

snokitty

Saudi prince to give free Bentley to every pilot involved in Yemen air strikes | Daily Mail Online

QuoteA Saudi prince has promised to give a free Bentley to every pilot involved in the Yemen air strikes, as bombing raids in the country appeared to resume despite a pledge that they would stop.

Saudi Arabian forces launched air strikes on Yemen a month ago to stop advances from the Shiite Houthi rebels, who are allied with Iran and previously overthrew the Saudi-backed government.

Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, the Saudi King Abdullah's nephew, has reportedly promised to give each of the 100 fighter pilots involved in the month long raids in Riyadh, the Saudi Arabian capital, a free Bentley.

Prince Talal, who owns $300 million stake in Twitter, apparently made the pledge on social media but the post has since been deleted, the International Business Times reported.

He wrote: 'To recognise the one hundred participating Saudi pilots I am pleased to present them with 100 Bentley cars,'

On Tuesday the Saudis said the bombing raids, which have killed at least 944 people and wounded around 3,480, had been successful and they were to focus on finding a political solution instead.

But the raids appeared to have resumed by Wednesday, with fighting taking place in Taez.

Dozens more people are said to have been wounded or killed.

Bin Talal, 60, is the grandson of Saudi Arabia's founder Ibn Saud and one of the richest men ion the world.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty