Wales' Kids general chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, April 16, 2017, 12:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Daddy's little helpers! Prince George and Princess Charlotte join Prince William to kickstart a half marathon at Sandringham on Father's Day as he sets aside drama with Harry for a day of fun
Duke of Cambridge joined by his two eldest children at the event in Sandringham, Norfolk this afternoon
Prince William held the microphone down to George, seven, and Charlotte, six, to count down the race
No sign of Duchess of Cambridge or their youngest son Prince Louis, 3, after couple shared Instagram post

Prince George and Princess Charlotte join Prince William on Sandringham Estate on Father's Day | Daily Mail Online

Macrobug67

Those kids are going to be tall

TLLK

Catherine, George and Charlotte were papped today while shopping after school. Looks like the kids were purchasing school supplies.

https://twitter.com/kaylaadams___/status/1437816887514124294?s=21

TudorQueen

Quote from: TheRealDuchessOfSussex on September 15, 2021, 01:59:42 AM
:hi: :windsor1: :orchid:

I saw an article on the daily mail website that said that George will likely never be king because the monarchy won't be around by the time that George will be king or something to that effect. I can try to get the link on here if you want to read it. Or you can look it up yourself.  :D :blowkiss: :royalsneeze: :thumbsdown: :flower: :hearts:

It is based on a comment by authr Hillary Mantle. Who while writes incredible historical fiction, I don't taker her as any expert.

British royal family could be 'gone within two generations', according to writer Hilary Mantel | Daily Mail Online
Prince George will NEVER be king - the monarchy will die out before then, claims novelist
Hilary Mantel says Prince George will never be king | Evening Standard
Prince George will never be king and monarchy will end in two generations, predicts author - Mirror Online

You know its a slow news month when every major British paper regurgitates her quote.

Hillary has made some controvercial comments about Kate in the past.

Back to the actual news:

Cute seeing the kids in their uniforms and shopping since we didnt get back to school photos this year.

I noticed we didn't for any monarchy. Are some countries still distance learning or did the royals just forego photos?The only ones I recall are the three who went off to boarding school (Christian, Alexia and Leonor).

I doubt the twitter headline George paid for it with his allowance. I doubt they make him pay for school pencils with allowance.

TLLK

Back to the actual news:

Cute seeing the kids in their uniforms and shopping since we didnt get back to school photos this year.

I noticed we didn't for any monarchy. Are some countries still distance learning or did the royals just forego photos?The only ones I recall are the three who went off to boarding school (Christian, Alexia and Leonor).

I doubt the twitter headline George paid for it with his allowance. I doubt they make him pay for school pencils with allowance.

@TudorQueen - I believe that schools are back in person for all of the nations with reigning royals or at least a hybrid of distance with smaller cohorts of in person classes. From what I recall  the  Belgian, Monegasques and Spanish royals routinely released an annual back to school photo usually showing the parents dropping off the kids at school on the first morning of the school year. However the pandemic and perhaps age of the students seems to have ended that practice for the Belgians and Spaniards. I have seen one paparazzi photo of Infanta Sofia walking in to the school in her uniform and a very heavy backpack.

The Danes, British,Japanese,  Norwegians and Dutch tended to just do a first day for their kids when they started at a new school ( nursery, primary, secondary).
So I expect that a year from now we'll see Louis starting his first day.

So from what I have read, the Cambridges were shopping at an Australian based stationary/toy shop named Smiggles which looks like it carries all the fancy erasers (rubbers), scented pencils, etc...Which kids love and teachers...well  <_< :hehe: Let's just say that it can be tricky to keep kids focused when they're all smelling their pencils, pens and playing with their fancy stationary kits.

I expect that for basic school supplies, Thomas Battersea has  list supplied to the parents on what they do need to provide.

All Personalised Kids Stationery Online | Smiggle

TLLK

Posts regarding Hillary Mantel's comments about Prince George as a future monarch have been moved.

The Present Popularity and the Future of the British Monarchy

wannable

DM purchase of the original The Telegraph Camilla Tominey

Prince William and Kate 'normalising Prince Louis' so he 'doesn't go down Duke of York path' | Daily Mail Online

Charlotte and Louis will have careers rather than Royal workers

During this 10 years the BRF * everything is going to change

'Back in Prince Philip's day, he was patron of over 800 organisations and a lot would be going to plant a tree and unveil a plaque.

'Royals like Kate and William are royals doing themes, massive big gesture royal activities like the Earthshot Prize or Early Years

wannable

Duncan Larcombe to OK Magazine, says the Cambridges will be spending Chrismtas at 1. Amner Hall 2. Christmas eve or day at Sandringham 3. New Year's at Middleton Manor with Kate's entire family.

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis might get THREE Christmases, expert claims | Daily Mail Online

wannable

LouisFerdinand

The Princess of Wales, Prince George, and Princess Charlotte shopping for school supplies
  Kate, George And Charlotte SPOTTED Shopping For School Supplies As Her Childrens Attend To Lambrook - YouTube   

:xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14: :xmas14:

wannable

Halloween 2022
Trick or Treat
Posted 13th/Jan/2023

Picture by Jay Rutland, husband of Tamara Ecclestone. Neighbour to Kensington Palace, London

wannable

HistoryGirl2

So adorable. And I?m glad to see them bringing their children out to public events like this. I think it?s a good way to acclimate them to the fact that they?ll have their picture taken for the rest of their lives as member of the RF (and a future king), but they can be calm and set boundaries.

wannable

Yes, there any of the following school/uni/military in facility days will very likely be agreed with the BM to be respected and the BRF does their part to showcase them at birthday pictures and children friendly events.

LouisFerdinand

wannable

Yesterday, Saturday, 2nd of December 2023

THE Princess of Wales watched Strictly stars rehearse yesterday on a secret studio visit  before her children got the chance to be judges.

Kate took her two youngest, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five, along with her.

They were allowed to sit in the judges' chairs and deliver verdicts with scoring paddles for dancers Katya Jones and Neil Jones.

Kate, 41, and the youngsters were then introduced to presenters Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, and got to meet pros including Dianne Buswell and Nadiya Bychkova.

During their two-hour visit, they were shown the costume department, where Louis tried on a small gold crown, and stood on the balcony where the contestants gather above the dance floor at BBC's Elstree studios.

A source said: ''Kate and Charlotte are huge fans of Strictly so they were delighted to be invited.

''Kate took pictures of the children in the judges' seats.

''She seemed really relaxed and was all smiles.

"She was polite, sweet and charming with everyone and made sure Louis didn't get over-excited.

"There was a strict security lockdown on set and staff were told not to take any photos.

''The children were especially excited and got dressed up.

"They were thrilled to be on set and to meet their favourite celebrities.

King Charles, 75, and Queen Camilla, 76, are also big fans, as was the late Queen.

Princess Kate makes secret visit to Strictly Come Dancing studios with Charlotte and Louis who got to be judges | The Sun

LouisFerdinand

:goodpost: It is so important that the Princess of Wales did not want Prince Louis to get over-excited.   

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wannable

Apparently Lena Tindall, age 5 like Prince Louis was also there under the care of Catherine.

TLLK

What a fun outing for the 3 kids.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: wannable on December 03, 2023, 10:37:52 PM
Apparently Lena Tindall, age 5 like Prince Louis was also there under the care of Catherine.
Do you think Lena calls The Princess of Wales "Aunt Catherine"?

Nightowl

I do, this is what families are like, they take care of each other and support each other during good and bad times, this was a fun event for children which Catherine is very good at.  That there shows the strong closeness with the Tindall's and the Wales in letting their children just go and have fun with Auntie.

wannable

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 04, 2023, 11:29:47 PM

Do you think Lena calls The Princess of Wales "Aunt Catherine"?

According to Camila Tominey, everyone calls her Catherine

wannable

A very lovely picture of the Waleses children shared by W&C