William: BAFTA President

Started by cinrit, November 04, 2013, 01:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

She looked great. She always shows up really elegant at BAFTA

sara8150

TLLK

sara8150

I don?t approve with that but Prince George and Princess Charlotte too young for screen till teens i cant believe Cambridge did that!

wannable

The Trailer looks like a great documentary, I hope George enjoyed it.
Free Solo - Trailer | National Geographic - YouTube

Charlotte and Louis will very likely watch it in a few years time; via Netflix or Amazon IF interested.  I would recommend, as it is from the National Geographic

Catherine rock climbing
https://us.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/1/2016/02/24/000/137/723/gallery_5_3.jpg

I think Charlotte likes the Ballet, there are photographs of mother and daughter watching a rehearsal of the royal ballet.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on February 18, 2019, 12:26:20 PM
Charlotte and George are not old enough to go rock climbing. And you have no idea if Charlotte is one of them until she gets older.

George may like watching ballet. Men do go to ballets. It's not just for girls.

In this day and age women and men are not stereotyped as liking this or that nor should they be.
Actually George is the right age to take a rock climbing class at an indoor facility. The kids wear helmets and are harnessed.  Also if you look closely at newer park play equipment, you'll see that many of the structures now offer short climbing walls in which kids can try out their skills. My kids played on these types of walls for years when they were old enough and had the confidence to try them.

https://unicefkidpower.org/rock-climbing-games-skills-for-kids/

Here is an indoor facility in North Kensington.

WestWay Climbing | Day Out With The Kids

QuoteWestWay Climbing atWestway Sports and Fitness, is a great place to get active with your little monkeys, especially if they are interested in climbing!

Climbing is a great activity for kids, as it boosts their confidence, and improves their agility and fitness.Westway has some of the best facilities and coaching in the country, and welcomes anyone from 5 years and older.

Tiny Tots, is an after school session for 5 to 6 year olds who want to give climbing a try. The groups will run on a 1:4 ratio to allow for better supervision of the young climbers. The Tiny Tots session runs on a first come first served and cannot be prebooked. For ages 5 and 6 years old only.

Westway also offers after school sessions for kids aged 7 to 14 years and are designed for youngsters who want to give climbing a try. This session is also run on a first come first served basis and cannot be prebooked.

Younger children like Charlotte are already learning and practicing their climbing skills on traditional pieces of playground equipment, trees, boulders, sand dunes, furniture etc... :)

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge, @BAFTA President, will visit BAFTA Piccadilly on Monday 16th September to officially open their new public venue, and launch BAFTA: Behind the Screens, a public exhibition celebrating the craft and work behind BAFTA-winning and nominated productions.

sara8150

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
Twitter

QuotePrince William will visit BAFTA Piccadilly  to officially open their new public venue, and launch BAFTA: Behind the Screens, a public exhibition celebrating the craft and work behind BAFTA-winning and nominated productions.
September 16th,2019

Majesty Magazine Twitter says
Twitter

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge, President of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (@BAFTA), will visit BAFTA Piccadilly on Monday 16th September to open the charity?s new public venue, says @KensingtonRoyal.  He will also launch the 'BAFTA: Behind the Screens' exhibition.

TLLK

Early photos  of William's arrival at the BAFTA event today.

Twitter

QuoteWhen the stars truly align for me. On my train to London, I decided to check to see if any new royal engagements popped up for this week. Introducing the President of BAFTA The Duke of Cambridge. @KensingtonRoyal @BAFTA ♥️#London #DukeOfCambridge #BAFTA #RoyalFamily

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Shutterstock Editorial

Double post auto-merged: September 16, 2019, 09:50:11 PM

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: September 16, 2019, 09:50:34 PM

QuoteHis Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge officially opened our new exhibition at BAFTA Piccadilly today! The free exhibit, BAFTA #BehindTheScreens, features materials and stories from award-winning artists who write, make, shoot and shape what we see on screen

Double post auto-merged: September 16, 2019, 10:03:41 PM

Duke of Cambridge Opens New BAFTA Exhibition - YouTube

wannable

TLLK

I like how he paid tribute to the DoE being the first BAFTA president and the global impact that BAFTA has around the globe with its many productions.

Double post auto-merged: September 17, 2019, 07:12:09 PM

Second CC entry for Monday.

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: September 17, 2019, 07:12:33 PM

QuoteCC Monday:
The Duke of Cambridge, President, British Academy of Film and Television Awards, later received Ms Amanda Berry (Chief Executive Officer).
2/2

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 2nd February.

sara8150

Bafta twitter says
QuoteWe're so pleased that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - on the 10th anniversary of The Duke becoming President of BAFTA - will attend this year's #EEBAFTAs  ceremony.

The Duke will also present the Fellowship award to film producer Kathleen Kennedy.
Twitter

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuoteSunday 2nd February

Prince William, President, & Duchess Kate will attend the EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall.
Twitter

QuoteThis will be Prince William?s 7th time attending the awards since becoming president of @BAFTA in 2010.

This is William?s 4th year in a row. making this, by my count, the longest streak of attendance by any Royal President.
Twitter

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2020, 03:17:40 AM

Kate Middleton Sustainable Fashion Statement Red Carpet at BAFTAs | PEOPLE.com | PEOPLE.com

Prince William and Kate Middleton are set to attend the BAFTAS for the fourth year in a row | Daily Mail Online

Prince William and Kate Middleton's glitzy date night revealed | HELLO!

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2020, 03:39:39 AM

Kate Middleton and Prince William will attend BAFTAs | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThis will be Prince William?s 7th time attending the awards since becoming president of @BAFTA in 2010.

Former royal presidents of BAFTA.
Princess Anne's Presidency (1972-2000)-10 awards ceremonies attended.

The Earl Mountbatten of Burma's Presidency (1966-1972)

Prince Philip's Presidency (1959 - 1965)

Blue Clover

I can't wait to see the pictures!

sara8150

The surprising reason why Kate Middleton won't wear a new dress to the BAFTAs | HELLO!
Will use old dress in past years i dont know what Kate will wear we have wait and see stay tuned

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Blue Clover on January 25, 2020, 05:45:48 AM
Same here! Remember the year she wore that gorgeous dark green dress? That color is perfect for her, and the neckline was so flattering. But now she usually wears a more glamorous dress to this event.

wannable

Quote from: Blue Clover on January 25, 2020, 05:45:48 AM

Quite, as this year's BAFTA's is ecological themed, requesting everyone (guests and hosts) to wear repeats or ''recycled'', plus they will be serving plant based/veggie foods at the after BAFTA reception party. 

Kate has repeated and also has done recycling with coats and particularly for long dress black tie evening wear this herein

https://www.yournextshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Kate-Middleton-recycled-Alexander-McQueen-dress-1.jpg

I would love to see one of her long dresses recycled like the above image of before and after. I think it's really exiting and kudos to those who do wonders with recent or vintage wear.

LouisFerdinand

Has Catherine ever worn an Alexander McQueen gown to the EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony?

sara8150

Four gowns Kate could rewear at the BAFTAs ? Royal Central
Till February 2 stay tuned kept zipit underwraps i dont know what Kate will wear new or recycling evening dress its her decisions

wannable

She will give a 'nod' to the theme. Ecology, carbon footprint, veggie dinner...

When she was pregnant the bafta me too movement, she didn't go entirely in black but the dress was dark green with a lot of black detailing.

I'd prefer her to recycle one of her dresses or wear one of the dresses of the diplomatic reception of 2012 to 2017 when photographers and the cameras weren't allowed inside BP.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on January 25, 2020, 05:04:16 PM
The surprising reason why Kate Middleton won't wear a new dress to the BAFTAs | HELLO!
Will use old dress in past years i dont know what Kate will wear we have wait and see stay tuned
Well, she certainly has several dresses from which to make her selection! I didn't particularly like the print dress from last year or the year before, so I am hoping she doesn't choose that one. Maybe she will wear one from several years ago! Wouldn't it be great to see her in a vintage gown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

wannable

She wore the print dress in 2018 Bafta Awards and recycled (from shoulder drop effect strapless to a recycled added fabric with shoulder) it for the Victoria and Albert Museum event 2019.

Kate wore a white one shoulder dress to the 2019 Bafta.