Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2

Started by Curryong, October 19, 2021, 04:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Queen's most senior bodyguard and now equerry for the King

Who Is Major Jonathan Thompson Of The Royal Regiment Of Scotland And Bodyguard Of Queen Elizabeth II, Age, Biography, Rank, Family, News
Who Is Major Jonathan Thompson Of The Royal Regiment Of Scotland And Bodyguard Of Queen Elizabeth II, Age, Biography, Rank, Family, News - The

wannable

King Charles hires constitutional lawyer as deputy private secretary. Dr John Sorabji, a lecturer at UCL and a former barrister, has been recruited by Buckingham Palace.

King Charles hires constitutional law expert as deputy private secretary

Trending with many theories.

The article
archive.ph

Curryong

This man is absolutely brilliant and it?s a coup to have him working for BP even part time. My theory on his joining the BP team is that one of his main passions are human rights abuses, something coming to the fore in many Commonwealth countries regarding their past and present. If Charles is to address some abuses associated with colonialism and past injustices wrought by the British within the Commonwealth during his reign this man?s advice will be invaluable.

wannable

Sistah Space
@Sistah_Space
Mixed feelings about yesterday's visit to Buckingham Palace. 10 mins after arriving, a member of staff, Lady SH, approached me, moved my hair to see my name badge. The conversation below took place. The rest of the event is a blur.
Thanks @ManduReid & @SuzanneEJacob for support🙏🏾

Buckingham Palace confirm that the Queen's former Lady-in-Waiting, Lady Susan Hussey, has stepped aside from her new role as a lady of the royal household "with immediate effect". They add that she "would like to express her profound apologies for the hurt caused".

STATEMENT:

TLLK

Well I am disappointed that LSH actually moved someone's hair to see a name badge.  <_< I am pleased to see that BP issued a statement and that LSH has made an apology.

dianab

all her questioning is awful... talks so much about her

sara8150

Prince William condemns 'unacceptable comments' by his own godmother Lady Susan Hussey | Daily Mail Online

Prince William and Kate's Office Responds to Racist Incident at Palace

Prince William addresses racist incident at Buckingham Palace | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63810468

Prince William's godmother Lady Susan Hussey resigns from palace duties after asking black visitor 'where she came from' | UK News | Sky News

Prince William?s godmother quits palace over comments to black charity boss | Monarchy | The Guardian

Prince William breaks silence on race storm after his godmother was forced to step down | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince William's godmother forced to resign from Buckingham Palace role over racism claims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-11-30/palace-staffer-resigns-after-asking-black-guest-where-she-really-came-from

Prince William slams godmother's comments and says 'racism has no place in society' - Mirror Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/buckingham-palace-statement-full-queens-28619752

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20605406/prince-william-speaks-buckingham-palace-racism/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/lady-susan-hussey-expresses-profound-apologies-as-she-resigns-following-racism-allegations-184094/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/walesfamily/prince-williams-office-condemns-his-godmother-following-racism-storm-184113/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/breaking-senior-buckingham-palace-aide-steps-aside-following-unacceptable-comments-during-queen-camillas-reception-184095/

Prince William really heartbroken on his own godmother?s resignation due racism comments but never asked people where she from Africa part definitely unacceptable but remember rules no comment on R and N on forums on post thread or post ever!!

Blue Clover

I am happy Prince William addressed the issue with Lady Hussey. His leadership skills are evident in managing conflict.

Curryong

What was all that guff that journalists were coming up with only a couple of days ago about the ladies in waiting remaining to teach the rest of the new staff, Camilla?s Companion?s, their job? Let?s hope the rest of these very elderly women don?t impart their racial and colonial attitudes to those women. Or there will be another blunder in the Palace of monumental proportions!

BTW, Is Charles going to be forced to resign as King because he did more or less exactly the same thing! He asked a woman of colour where she was from when she was waiting in line to see him. When she told him ?Manchester? he sniggered and said something like ?You don?t look like it!? Does William consider that unacceptable as well? If he does, is he going to have a word, lol?

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on November 30, 2022, 06:00:59 PM
I am happy Prince William addressed the issue with Lady Hussey. His leadership skills are evident in managing conflict.

I expect that it was a disappointment to hear about the incident but the responses from BP and KP were the only appropriate ones to offer IMHO. Ultimately Lady Susan made the decision to resign from her position. I've read that Ms Fulnai wishes that LSH hadn't resigned (I believe she used the word dismissed).

Blue Clover

I believe all associated with the Crown will be more cautious about such comments in the future, including King Charles.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on November 30, 2022, 06:05:39 PM
What was all that guff that journalists were coming up with only a couple of days ago about the ladies in waiting remaining to teach the rest of the new staff, Camilla?s Companion?s, their job? Let?s hope the rest of these very elderly women don?t impart their racial and colonial attitudes to those women. Or there will be another blunder in the Palace of monumental proportions!

BTW, Is Charles going to be forced to resign as King because he did more or less exactly the same thing! He asked a woman of colour where she was from when she was waiting in line to see him. When she told him ?Manchester? he sniggered and said something like ?You don?t look like it!? Does William consider that unacceptable as well? If he does, is he going to have a word, lol?

King Charles not yet resigned or abdication as King but he currently King since September after Queen Elizabeth?s death September 8 but he reigned for two months till he crowned on may 6,2023 but King Charles will not happened again

Remember when former King Edward they now Duke of Windsor abdication in 1936 for 11 months and 325 days when young Queen Elizabeth was 10 years old but Queen Elizabeth said she will not abdicate till she died in September 8,2022 when Queen Elizabeth was little girl she had example for kingdom in UK follow her father,uncle and grandfather who is King

King Charles?s grandfather the King George VI been reign in 1937 till 1952 because of his cancer for 16 years in his reign short reigns

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on November 30, 2022, 06:30:50 PM
I expect that it was a disappointment to hear about the incident but the responses from BP and KP were the only appropriate ones to offer IMHO. Ultimately Lady Susan made the decision to resign from her position. I've read that Ms Fulnai wishes that LSH hadn't resigned (I believe she used the word dismissed).

Yes im agreed with you

sara8150

Quote from: Blue Clover on November 30, 2022, 07:26:39 PM
I believe all associated with the Crown will be more cautious about such comments in the future, including King Charles.

I?m agreed with you

Curryong

My remark about King Charles resigning was a joke, sara. I wasn?t making a serious statement with regard to short reigns.

However, my sentiments regarding what Charles said to that lady in the queue weren?t a joke. I?m not laughing now. And in my opinion people like Lady Susan and King Charles, who are of the same generation and undoubtedly grew up with people around them who held racist views, are going to have to mind their mouths in the future. The world no longer tolerates those sorts of unthinking and patronising remarks to anyone, not only people of colour.

And the WOC concerned in the latest incident apparently spoke on radio the next morning and said that she hadn?t heard from the Palace, neither BP or KP, since it happened, so the statement by a spokesperson about ?reaching out to her and wanting to address things with her are just empty words, typical Palace-speak.

Is anyone really surprised by racist remarks at the palace? | The Independent

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on November 30, 2022, 07:47:02 PM
My remark about King Charles resigning was a joke, sara. I wasn?t making a serious statement with regard to short reigns.

However, my sentiments regarding what Charles said to that lady in the queue weren?t a joke. I?m not laughing now. And in my opinion people like Lady Susan and King Charles, who are of the same generation and undoubtedly grew up with people around them who held racist views, are going to have to mind their mouths in the future. The world no longer tolerates those sorts of unthinking and patronising remarks to anyone, not only people of colour.

And the WOC concerned in the latest incident apparently spoke on radio the next morning and said that she hadn?t heard from the Palace, neither BP or KP, since it happened, so the statement by a spokesperson about ?reaching out to her and wanting to address things with her are just empty words, typical Palace-speak.

Is anyone really surprised by racist remarks at the palace? | The Independent

Your comment definitely unacceptable for recall like that!!

TLLK

Sistah Space has responded with this message.

https://twitter.com/Sistah_Space/status/1597923504783253505?s=20&t=W6bjzCgDXgzVbcukEfOHPw

QuoteThanks everyone for their support. It is not our wish to reveal the person involved, it is the system that needs to be revised.
Yes the person was offensive, but it serves no purpose to name & shame her, it would make us just as bad. We prefer that this be handled kindly

wannable

Handled kindly, yes after 62 years of service to HMQEII for free.

TLLK

I'm under the impression that Lady Susan Hussey was the one who chose to resign. Most likely because she realized she'd caused enough embarrassment to Ms. Fulani as well as to the Queen Consort as one of her companions. Her daughter,Lady Katherine Brooke, though will continue to remain as one of Camilla's new companions.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 30, 2022, 11:16:19 PM
I'm under the impression that Lady Susan Hussey was the one who chose to resign. Most likely because she realized she'd caused enough embarrassment to Ms. Fulani as well as to the Queen Consort as one of her companions. Her daughter,Lady Katherine Brooke, though will continue to remain as one of Camilla's new companions.

She may well have chosen to resign. That doesn?t excuse the fact that Lady Susan considered it appropriate to touch Miss Fulani?s hair in order to peer at her name badge, and then proceed to ask her not one but at least four inappropriate questions about her background. As well as burbling about her own completely irrelevant experience of once living in France. Unless you were deaf and blind to all signs of embarrassment from another person nobody would subject someone else to the barrage she did.

And then more or less accuse her of trying to hide her background. ?There, I knew I would get to it! You?re Caribbean!? said this aristocrat who has probably been at Court for far too long. I think the whole conversation from this ex Lady in Waiting was quite disgusting actually.

TLLK

Now I have read that part of the role for the ladies in waiting was to be the "advance" party for the monarch/consort especially at large gatherings where there could be hundreds of guests ie: Diplomatic Reception. They would circulate ahead of the monarch to gather some additional information on the guests, so that when the monarch/consort arrived at the groupings that they  would have some "conversation starters." This was especially important as very often guests would be overwhelmed and not sure what to say. Then the monarch/consort would come in and ask a relevant question about the guest(s) to help break the ice.

However it is unfortunate that Lady Susan who had years of experience in this role, blundered so badly. She should have never touched Ms. Fulani's hair and should have stopped with her inquiries after Ms. Fulani stated that she was from Hackney. Ms. Fulani's responses certainly [provided enough information for Lady Susan to pass on to the Queen Consort, Countess of Wessex, as well as the other royal ladies in attendance to so they could enter into the conversations with the groups.

IMHO her resignation and apology were the only appropriate actions that could be taken.