Books about and written by the Sussexes Part 2

Started by TLLK, November 12, 2021, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 19, 2022, 10:15:56 PM
:laugh: He received copy and recording, then he proceeded to sign the agreement. (He can't sue)

The guy gets a call from SS, writes nice words.

You may regard Tom Bowers book as being a set of Commandments from Mt Sinai itself. I don?t, and there are plenty of people who regard Bowers (as well as Lady CC) as a self righteous old head-kicker from way back. His notion of writing a biography (and I?ve read quite a bit of his work) is to go for the jugular (and he never likes or cares for who he writes about) and get as many people as possible who don?t like his subject to put in their two penneth as well. In addition he is more than capable of twisting what they say as well, for his own ends.

There is never a shortage of people who dislike others in public life and are prepared to say so to suit their own agendas, that?s how Bowers makes his living. I don?t admire that kind of biography. I prefer something more balanced.

wannable

I regard him factually as a grad legal barrister with practice, turned author.

Curryong

Really, lol? Bowers embarked on his career as a journalist after a brief spell as a barrister, joining the BBC current affairs strand Panorama as a reporter.

Well, barristers aren?t legal experts by any stretch of the imagination. They plead their clients?s case in court after the solicitor concerned puts together the evidence on the client?s behalf. They are advocates and  plea-dealers under England (and Aus and NZ?s legal systems)  which is based on Common Law, and have been since early medieval days. And being a barrister doesn?t automatically make any of them 100% honest, or honorable.

wannable

You didn?t ask me, you?re trying to be fastidious towards me with provocations. Ask me and I will tell you exactly how I think. No worries, his trajectory from barrister, BBC researcher fact checker, journalist to author is well known.

Nightowl

This book is going to hurt a lot of people, not just Meghan, Harry but it will put doubts about them and how they treat people, most their families.

think Meghan has a very hard time telling the truth as Harry has a very hard time in not reliving his past with his mother and that makes both of them look totally untrustworthy to me and I am sure many others, mostly companies that have doubts about doing business with them. 

We all have told some sort of lies in our lives, we are just humans and make those mistakes and hopefully learn from them, yet Meghan is an educated adult and in telling lies that makes her look very insecure within herself (got that from the president of the psychiatrists association a very long time ago) and Harry just can not seem to to move forward from the death of his mother when talking to people which also shows he can not move on either.  Both I see  as having mental health issues and would benefit from professional help.   Harry looks miserable and sad and angry, all in one at the same time.  Meghan has that practiced smile that is frozen in time when out in public......and both are very adept at using people and taking advantage of any opportunity that comes their way to do something to make themselves  appear more noticeable to the public.  As I read elsewhere and fully believe, *This is not going to end on a positive note for them as they just do not get that *Lies always catches up with you* and that is a given in life  ....this is very sad as both at one time had the world knocking on their door and they blew it for MONEY, financial freedom,  and we all know *money* does not buy happiness ever!

wannable

^ Harry is lucky that he has a family, despite trashing, lying, abetting  by association to his wife (which is his family since marriage), both together. Anything he or she does, both have responsibility.  During their trashing and lying after their exit in the past present and possibly they will keep on in the future as middle age people. Using a fictitious activism event to date as a grown up is Insane.  Up to what kind of 'degree' of lying will they be capable of doing? Thay already did by making a blank statement of 'someone' in the family is racist, to date with no clearing the situation.

Have they committed serious offense, yes. Why is Harry lucky as I stated IMO in the above sentence, his family is pressuring HIM (and HER) with lawyers (and in fluffy instances with a silent no contact treatment).  Any fat lie the couple already know they will be met with the BRF lawyers (rumor is that close ex friends of Harry are included to benefit from the BRF Lawyers)

Perjury is a statutory offence in England and Wales. A person convicted of perjury is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years, or to a fine, or to both.

wannable

ETA: I wouldn't trust them at all never.  IMO the BRF to date know how sofisticated these 2 are with lies that may lead to a very serious matter, in the past IMO the BRF minus William (from the word Go, Kate by being W's wife, although some say she also knew from the word GO) were naive.  Meghan with Harry's abetting made sure to leave a 'paper trail' with BP's Human Resources with 'emails' of ''I'm feeling suicidal''  rather than being God to Honest in their capacity as 'head', 'principal' using their own private and confidential therapist?! See this type of behaviour IMO is very dangerous. 

TLLK

Curryong

What have these comments in the two posts above here by @wannable  to do with Tom Bowyers?s book or with the one written by Harry, supposedly to be published in October 2022 that is not even out yet? They are nothing but repeats of the same old, same old general dislikes of Meghan and Harry by a poster who never cared for them in the first place.

As for inferences that BRF lawyers have become involved, where is the credible evidence that is so? And I?m not talking about speculative articles in the tabloid press. The same with some dark inference that Harry will be charged with perjury for something or other. What an absolutely ridiculous statement! A perjury charge requires far more than some notion that someone may be saying something in the future, and I can practically guarantee that Harry?s not going to be charged with anything at all!

TLLK

Reminder-This thread is not limited to Tom Bower's recent release.  It's about any and all current and future books written about and/or by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

wannable

Tom Bower discusses in Chapter 35 The Trial (Finding Freedom, Jason, Harry, Meghan and Omid, the famous apology by Meghan that she had forgot about the 30 something pages of email exchange with Jason to then sit with Omid for his book, the court accepting the apology, plus a bit more that is new that Omid had signed a document for the Judge that he didn't receive any colab, then Jason appeared and there was a colab.)

Chapter 38 The Interview (Oprah, Meghan and Harry)

I think I'll leave it here for now until the book is read by RIF members and/or copyright extracts in the media to link. 

wannable

Appearing on Good Morning Britain to discuss his book, Bower said Meghan had warned those closest to her not to speak to him.

He said: 'She made it pretty clear to all her friends and people who work for her not to talk to me, so it was quite an uphill struggle but I got enough people to speak to me, more than enough, I got about 80 people.'

Presenter Ben Shephard how the story could be an unbiased account if the author had interviewed people who dislike the Duchess of Sussex.

Bower responded: 'Because I sifted through, I never put in stuff that isn't true and can't be checked.

wannable

The man himself said (today, a couple of hours ago) he has more than 100 tape recordings, mentioned it because of a Question about Sam Kasher.

Today Lady C said she knows SK, very nice guy, but there's a but, SS is deeply entrenched at the Vanity Fair Building, would understand why Sam did what he did 'letter to the editor of the Times', his job, salary, income) and Tom Bower is the type of author that tape records everything. She gave an example of herself tape recording everything she  then uses to write her books. She had one similar situation in the past (very long past) with Richard Kay, she confronted him after he denied what she had written about their conversation, she told him she had (still does, she said authors that tape record don't throw it away never) the interview tape recordings between them, he was taken aback by it, shtum.  What she implies ''for now'' is he (Sam Kasher) won't be able to sue TB.

Curryong

Who said that Kasher wanted to sue? An author can write something and put a different interpretation on what was said  to what the interviewee intended to impart, and that is obviously what happened in that case.

Bower himself admitted yesterday that he didn?t speak to any people who were friends of Meghan?s or who supported her. He stated it was because they refused to see him. So he was left with people who dislike her and have an axe to grind. And in spite of his hints before publication quite obviously Meghan?s ex boyfriend Corey and ex husband refused to speak to him about her either. Good for them.

Bower himself deeply dislikes Meghan. He has been taking potshots at her in interviews for over years. And when asked why his book would be unbiased due to never speaking to those who liked her he dodged the question and made the excuse that he didn?t put stuff in his book that couldn?t be proven. That doesn?t prove non-bias at all. And in fact his entire book  is a ha*te piece against a woman he has never met and never spoken to. To say the least, not impressive for a serious author. He said today that he hoped his book would diminish the Sussexes. What a noble cause!

As for Lady CC, not interested in her whatsoever. She made up fairy stories about the QM and her parents and put them in a book that was laughed at by everyone who know the Strathmores.

wannable

He can?t, that?s the point.

I think they know her from their own experience. The BRF too after several years of deceit ?, Oprah being the biggest one.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 22, 2022, 02:42:27 AM
He can?t, that?s the point.

I think they know her from their own experience. The BRF too after several years of deceit ?, Oprah being the biggest one.

The merits of writing a classic biography aren?t tied up to how many people are prepared to sue you afterwards!  Biographers  are supposed to try and be fair to their subjects not go for the jugular and only interview people who have clashed with the person concerned.

There were and are plenty of people who knew and know Meghan, and there were obviously people who knew her and liked her who refused to speak to Bowyer. He then went and concentrated on those who disliked her and who like himself had an axe to grind. And that alone makes for an extremely unbalanced book.

Oh, and talking about lies and deceit?

According to Bower, Meghan?s father did not win $750,000 US dollars in the California State Lottery. Meghan?s half-brother invented the story in order to be paid by a journalist.

wannable

He?s fact checking, that equates to being balanced, better yet truthful.

Suing equates to defamation or libel.

The man said in several interview?s this week he?s air tight clean,

Curryong

Oh for heavens sake, a work of literature putting forth an account of a person?s life isn?t the same as producing a business data base, an accounts balance. A truly admired biographer examines all the essence of a person?s character, soul and personality from all sources, not from one side alone. Bower has failed in that because he has not questioned those people who like and admire Meghan as well as those that don?t.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on July 22, 2022, 02:53:17 AM
The merits of writing a classic biography aren?t tied up to how many people are prepared to sue you afterwards!  Biographers  are supposed to try and be fair to their subjects not go for the jugular and only interview people who have clashed with the person concerned.

There were and are plenty of people who knew and know Meghan, and there were obviously people who knew her and liked her who refused to speak to Bowyer. He then went and concentrated on those who disliked her and who like himself had an axe to grind. And that alone makes for an extremely unbalanced book.

Oh, and talking about lies and deceit?

According to Bower, Meghan?s father did not win $750,000 US dollars in the California State Lottery. Meghan?s half-brother invented the story in order to be paid by a journalist.

The issue is that both Harry and Meghan HAVE told LIES, both of them about the royal family. This is NOT about Tom Markle telling LIES, it is all about Harry and Meghan........we all tell lies at time in our lives, we are human and  yet as we become adults and work our way in the world, telling LIES does not work for family, friends, employment or any position in life, so why in the world are these 2 so called mature adults telling LIES, if they don't like the job of being a royal and what it entails then quiet and walk away, do not do what they did......they make it look like Charles cut them off financially, the Queen was an unfit mother who betrayed them by not giving them what they wanted, this half in and out stuff......and on the list goes. There constant need to be seen as royals while they walked away from that position, they created this mess they are in, not HM, not Charles, not Camilla, not William or Catherine, it is Harry and his insecurity, selfishness and arrogant attitude, sense of entitlement that he deserves what ever he wants in life and will LIE to get it and Meghan has shown she needs the spotlight to just BE as important as she thinks she is....both are damning themselves to hell with all the yes people telling them just how important and great they are......and the thing is, they are not important at all, both have done a few charities and they boast about it to the heavens and back to make themselves feel good......Phys 101, when a person has to be seen as important and wanting attention all the time in public is a sign of insecurities within themselves and boy, that is exactly  what they are showing by their actions, behavior and words all of which has consequences!

Curryong

Meghan Markle: TV host slams Harry's friends for Duchess snubbing hunting trip | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Can't blame Meghan' TV host slams Harry's friends for Duchess snubbing hunting trip

MEGHAN Markle could not be "blamed" for not wanting to join a hunting party a royal expert has said following sensational new claims about the Duchess of Sussex.

Speaking on the Today Show Extra, Mr Campbell said: "Forgive for jumping on the Meghan positivity train here but if you took me on my second date to a shooting party where everyone was just sexist and bratty.

Royal correspondent Natalie Oliveri added: "I can't blame Meghan here especially when she is an animal lover.

"I think anything like that would have been really hard to bear.

Nightowl

As a second date that is not a man or woman's cup of tea or glass of wine, isn't it best to just grin and bear it, just be quiet so know one gets embarrassed or upset and then when the date is ending, just sit and the 2 people in the date just talk it out in a more mature manner instead of being nasty and upset or belligerent to the other guests?  I think Meghan handled that issue badly for all concerned and was showing her girl power so to speak.  I am not excusing the male ego that so many times gets out of control and nasty as I have been around that type of male ego and just turned my back and walked out and never went back....other people partied and I went home to do my own thing while the ex stayed there.  No need to show girl power to anyone yet Meghan couldn't resist showing who she is like at the Jubilee when she rolled down the window of the limo to show who she was and where....Being out front of everything shows a lack of self-confidence while being in the background a person can see more and hear more and do more....being quiet you learn more and get more.

wannable

The unsocial behaviour continued at Inskip's wedding in Jamaica (Tom Bower book, guest sources). 

It's not far from royal watchers seeing (back then) pictures of the couple's interactions or lack thereof.

I'm going to predict Oprah and Serena are the past.  No more acquaintanceship. Over.

wannable

Meghan Markle, 40, travelled to Rwanda in 2016 with World Vision Canada
Biography claims she 'insisted' on going with fashion photographer Gabor Jurina
Duchess also took a hair and makeup artist and 'several suitcases of clothes'
Tom Bower claims Meghan 'disappeared with Jurina' to take photos with kids
Said Jurina 'spent hours photographing the perfectly coiffured actress'
Film producer Brenda Surminski was 'puzzled', with Bower writing: 'Celebs using a desolate African village as the backdrop for a fashion shoot was 'mind-blowing'

Days later Gabor Jurina posted the fashion pictures in his official Instagram site. When asked, he said this would be more important in the long run.

Curryong

Meghan a threat to the royals? That?s one way to sell a book of tawdry gossip | Catherine Bennett | The Guardian

So if Bower?s book, no less than the related interviews, seems suffused with a wild malice, perhaps it comes from a good and loyal place. It is to give the Queen a ?final happiness? (that ?Meghan and Harry seem determined to deny?) that Bower, as well as detailing Meghan?s ex-lovers, her early hustling for acting roles and determined forging of a personal brand, is compelled to supplement his case against her with insults. He volunteers, for example, that when the former Suits star was interviewed by Larry King, ?Meghan looked unusually unattractive with greasy hair, rumpled clothes and peaky eyes?. Finding this still harder to accept than Bower?s conviction that reliance on notorious Markle-The term "The term "hater" undermines civil and intelligent discussion/debate, and will no longer be permitted" undermines civil and intelligent discussion/debate, and will no longer be permitted is a persuasive approach, I had a look.

but to this viewer the contrast between Bower?s description and Markle?s actual (appealing) appearance is something his editors might, for the sake of reader confidence, have checked on. As it is, they must already hope that a response from one quoted detractor, Sam Kashner, published in the Times last week, will be the last to raise doubts about authorial bias. ?I found Ms Markle,? Kashner wrote, ?to be exceptionally warm and gracious and admired her intelligence and her remarkable courage, as I still do.? Bower retorts: ?That just shows the power of Meghan.?

Judge for yourself

Meghan Markle & Patrick J. Adams on Suits, On-Screen Chemistry, and Secret Talents | SEASON 2 - YouTube