Prince Edward on Memorial Sunday

Started by Kate, November 13, 2011, 04:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Since it is such common knowledge that Prince Edward left the Marines (?), I feel it is an insult for him to be wearing a uniform with the medals he has... Can someone tell me exactly what medals he was given and what are they for?I would have more respect for him if he merely wore a black suit and tie and overcoat. No fancy uniform etc... :notamused:

stepperry

The medal on the inside is Sliver Jubilee Medal, the one on the middle is Golden Jubilee Medal, and the one on the outside is The New Zealand 1990 Commemorative Medal.

memememe

All of the Queen's sons have both the Silver and Golden Jubilee medals as do William and Harry (Harry also has one for actual service in Afghanistan).

I do think it would be better if military medals were worn on one side and other decorations were worn on the other rather than having them both lumped together on one side.

Next year all of her male descendents will get another medal.

Charles and Philip also have the Coronation medal.

stepperry

If he was wearing any medals on Remembrance Sunday since he was wearing an overcoat.

memememe

He, along with the rest of the male members of the royal family was actually wearing uniform top coats - not standard overcoast.  They don't wear their medals on that coat but on the uniform coat underneath.  It would be a safe bet that they were all wearing all their medals - otherwise they wouldn't have been in full uniform.

Windsor

The Royal Family normally attend a small drinks reception before and after the Remembrance Service. So, they would be expected to be in full military uniform, with medals and all...