Main Menu

New Default Theme

Started by Windsor, September 26, 2010, 01:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

We are currently looking at the possibility of doing some re-designing here at the Royal Forum - we want to do a face lift as it were, swap some colours around and maybe add one or two different styles. So, our members, as the most important part of the Internet Forum; must have a say in how we go about doing this, as such we are looking for some new ideas on how best to re-design the Royal Forum.

Do you have any ideas on what colours could work best? Any Layout ideas? What you would like to see changed? Do you have any further ideas on how best to develop the Royal Forum into something you would enjoy even more? Please feel free to post your comments, ideas and suggestions here, or if you wish, do so by contacting an Administrator here on the Royal Forum. 

I hope you are all well,

Happy posting! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blue Clover

I like blue, I find it to be very soothing. I'll think about other changes as I go about posting and get back to you. It is nice that you are asking members for suggestions!  :flower:

Scarlet Flowers

Black and white would be too mundane, I think.  Too conservative.  Orange and purple would certainly be different but too psychedelic.  A soft blue would probably look best.

What sort of styles are you looking for?  Maybe you could try them out and choose whichever one the posters like best. 
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Lindelle

I agree with both Blue Clover and Scarlet Flowers.

Orchid

Blue has been associated with the Royal Forum from its "inception".  We all think its a relaxing colour too, although variations on the tone could be considered. 

Are there any particular features that you would like to see changed, or perhaps even added? It can be as revolutionary as you like - we're open to suggestions!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jenee

Yep, we would like to hear aesthetic changes, as well as functional changes. Granted, none of our admin team is overly techy, so we may not be able to do anything crazy with the functional stuff, but we'd still like to hear your ideas!!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

pinkpearls

On a non-royal board that I'm familiar with, there is an option to ignore people's signatures. (So that all those pics don't have to load) Is that a possibility?

Jenee

Oh yeah, that's already a feature- in your profile settings!

pinkpearls

RoyalB

I like our forum very much.  Whilst I'm all for updating, I would not really want to see change for change's sake, if you know what I mean.  I think the powder blue here is very restful, so if there is a colour change, please could I ask that something equally restful be chosen?  I love spending time here and anything garish would make the old eyes water and tired!!

And thanks for asking, by the way!

Scarlet Flowers

Like purple stripes and orange polka dots? :D

Methinks maybe a brighter blue would work? ???
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

spookyboo

I'm new here so everything looks okay to me...  :cool:
  Yes he's Yummy!w/o a hat!

Jenee

Quote from: Scarlet Flowers on September 27, 2010, 07:50:52 PM
Like purple stripes and orange polka dots? :D

I think that will get vetoed SF :P

Orchid

Not if I can help it it won't!  :P

Yes, I / we agree with you, RoyalB .... we are intending to stick to a colour that is "restful" and moreover easy on the eye.  Blue seems to be a popular choice.

There are different themes which every member can experiment with via their profile.  It would be nice if some of our members would experiment with these themes at their leisure and identify any features from each that you think are particuarly nice or useful.  We'd love to hear what you think?  Alternatively an admin can set you up on a theme for an hour or so on any given day so you can test it out - just PM one of us if you'd like us to pick a theme and set it up for you!  We'll then switch it back to your current theme whenever you like (within an hour, a day, a week etc).

Themes can be accessed via your profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layour Preferences > Current Theme [Change] (which will show a list of themes to choose from and test out).
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

spookyboo

I took a look there are so many too choose from!!! I'll check it out...  :thumbsup:
  Yes he's Yummy!w/o a hat!

Orchid

Ha! Yes it's easy to get dizzy from the choice available  :dizzy: ..... But that's great!  Thanks spookyboo!  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
-Winston Churchil

pinkpearls

I just changed my theme to the forest one -- it's a pretty green! I love it!

Scarlet Flowers

I love the red.  The Omega layout. :flower:

Jenee

^That's my favorite right now too :D

Windsor

Scarlet Flowers

I was wondering if it would at all be possible to have a specific theme throughout the year?  We have Christmas.  I was wondering if other themes like Halloween, Lent, and so forth would pass?

Windsor

Those will be installed over the coming days.. :hug:

Scarlet Flowers

serene grace

I like the Blue color, I'm use to it.

Holiday themes also seem like a wonderful addition.  :thumbsup:

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Windsor

I want to thank you all for your input in regards to this issue, we are near to having a finish product, a new default theme will be added over the coming days.