The Sussexes' relationship with the press, tabloids, and social media.

Started by Nightowl, January 25, 2023, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 01, 2023, 04:10:26 PM
Yes, I agree with you both, that I'm not sure the Sussexes would abide by any agreements and I doubt Charles would take action.  Which is why I don't think the Sussexes should be invited.  They are simply not trustworthy.

Edited to add, that while I have appreciated the Royal Family acting with grace in the face of the Sussexes hostility, I do think there is a point where they need to cut Harry and Meghan off.  They shouldn't respond in kind, and get into a tit-for-tat public fight, but just don't have anything to do with them.  I would hope that most people would understand that sometimes, for your own sake, people need to cut contact with toxic family members.

Oh how right you are about cutting out *toxin family members, I had to do that a very long time ago for my own safety and sanity.....this book really helped me to see myself and how to deal with issues I had no control of...*Learning to Love Yourself by Sharon Wegscheider-Cruse*. I still have the original book on my bedside table bought some decades ago....even my sister loved it for it was spot on talk.

Nightowl

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 01, 2023, 04:45:09 PM
Harry and Meghan have no problem getting their information and views out through favoured media.

Harry clutching his pearls over palace leaks is odd given they have Omid Scobie on speed dial.

That is what gets me, here is Harry complaining there are leaks by William or his dad yet here is Harry the one who says he hates the media doing all the leaking to the media, talk about double talk and back stabbing, Harry is a wiz at it.  And in Harry's own words in his own books he tells leaks and lies again.

Nightowl

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on February 02, 2023, 12:14:54 AM
@Amabel2,  your point about Harry?s previous image is a good one. To hear Harry tell it, the palace PR have always thrown him under the bus and do everything in their power to make William look good and be well liked. The second part is true. It?s kind of their job to make William look good, just like every other PR employee. But Harry fails to mention just how well-liked he was when under those same PR officials. He was incredibly popular and most people bought the image that was created of the lovable, down-to-Earth chap who ?just happened to be born a prince.? In reality, he seemed to be a young man consumed by rage.

Since he has taken over the reigns of his own story, his popularly has plummeted. From my perspective, the PR team saved him for himself many a time. I think Meghan was not the driving force behind his demands once the marriage started. I think that was mostly him wanting to demand more control because he now felt more secure with her by his side. But his way of doing things doesn?t seem to yield a ton of good PR. He?s doing it his way and I think he?d see that as a success, but brutal from the neutral perspective.

*Since he has taken over the reigns of his own story, his popularly has plummeted. From my perspective, the PR team saved him for himself many a time. I think Meghan was not the driving force behind his demands once the marriage started. I think that was mostly him wanting to demand more control because he now felt more secure with her by his side. But his way of doing things doesn?t seem to yield a ton of good PR. He?s doing it his way and I think he?d see that as a success, but brutal from the neutral perspective.* 

This is spot on about Harry doing things his own way, that is such a great insight into Harry now.  He has a partner, a wife and someone who believes in him as he I believe has felt there is no one who believes in him in the royal family, yet we all know that his Dad and Brother have deeply loved him since he was born, after his Mother died I honestly believe that Charles was in shock for a long time on how to be a single dad and in his position he was so busy 24/7 that he of course made mistakes in raising both boys.  We all know William had his issues with his dad yet they somehow worked through it as father and son........Harry I believe was very jealous of William even as a young boy, with the help of nannies or family and BP they put Harry many times in a good light when he wasn't that way.  Harry is the one pushing this drama and pushing his family away, his book told a lot about Harry, not the royal family to me.  And the look of Harry is bad, really really bad and that is Harry's OWN DOING not someone else or BP or KP. This all falls on Harry now.....and I don't think he is even aware of how bad his reputation is as I don't think he has anyone around him to tell him the truth.

Amabel2

Quote from: Nightowl on February 02, 2023, 08:40:13 AM
That is what gets me, here is Harry complaining there are leaks by William or his dad yet here is Harry the one who says he hates the media doing all the leaking to the media, talk about double talk and back stabbing, Harry is a wiz at it.  And in Harry's own words in his own books he tells leaks and lies again..
Harry and Meg have both made it clear that they only want to speak to reporters who will agree with them and give them a good image. 

wannable

It's never going to work with the Sussexes, Harry is obsessed with William, Meghan with Catherine.

TLLK

Administrator reminder: Please consider that everyone who participates in the discussion at Royal Insight Forum are welcome to their own personal opinions about the public figures that we discuss and that includes the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Please do not question why their fans choose to believe them.  The fans of the couple are to be treated with respect just like any other members.

Kristeh-H

Thanks, everyone.  Yes, unfortunately my own family has been through having to cut off contact with someone in a bad situation.  It can be heartbreaking, but sometimes it's necessary.  My heart does go out to Charles, but I hope he will have the strength and toughness to stand firm.   

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Amabel2 on February 02, 2023, 10:21:23 AM
Harry and Meg have both made it clear that they only want to speak to reporters who will agree with them and give them a good image.

I would pay good money to watch them have an interview with a journalist who would actually ask them tough questions about their inconsistencies and lies.  Unfortunately, as you say, it will never happen but it would be interesting to see them put on the spot.

Amabel2

Never going to happen.  That was one of their major reasons for cutting off with most of the press....and as far as  I can see, none of the interviewers that H has been dealing with lately has asked any real questons. At least I hope they dont go "wha-at" in that phoney way that Oprah did.

wannable

According to Neil Sean, there are two journalists that are already Markled. Tom and Omid. Time will tell.  Same with Oprah markling Meghan, time will tell.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Amabel2 on February 02, 2023, 02:57:20 PM
Never going to happen.  That was one of their major reasons for cutting off with most of the press....and as far as  I can see, none of the interviewers that H has been dealing with lately has asked any real questons. At least I hope they dont go "wha-at" in that phoney way that Oprah did.

Oh yes, I know it will never happen.  And I have always liked Oprah, but boy, I rolled my eyes hard at that line.

Amabel2

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 02, 2023, 03:15:31 PM
Oh yes, I know it will never happen.  And I have always liked Oprah, but boy, I rolled my eyes hard at that line.
really? I have never seen Oprah, but when I saw that bit I thoguth even a 2 year old child would not be fooled by that phoney way of talking.

Amabel2

Macrobug67

It?s when a person stops communicating with someone out of the blue.  In this case the implication is that Meghan uses people until they are no longer of any use to her and she drops them. 

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: Kristeh-H on February 02, 2023, 02:49:03 PM
I would pay good money to watch them have an interview with a journalist who would actually ask them tough questions about their inconsistencies and lies.  Unfortunately, as you say, it will never happen but it would be interesting to see them put on the spot.

I?d pay good money to see anyone be interviewed by a real journalist. They?re really hard to find. So many people see any line of questioning as ?an attack? when all you?re trying to do is find out more information and verify the information they are telling you.

It?s a lost art and the appreciation for it is even lower these days.

Scrutiny and standing up to scrutiny should not be seen as an attack. You should be responsible for the words and statements you put out there. That?s why Harry?s comment that his feelings and memory hold more truth ?than so-called hard facts? is so patently absurd, but very much in keeping with the new fascination with personal truths and alternative facts.

Amabel2

but Harry and MEghan have made it clear that they wont be interviewed by anyone who will ask hard questions. and H seems to belieive that he can say anyting he likes and contradict it 2 days later....

Amabel2

Quote from: Macrobug67 on February 02, 2023, 04:18:29 PM
It?s when a person stops communicating with someone out of the blue.  In this case the implication is that Meghan uses people until they are no longer of any use to her and she drops them.
It is hardly a behaviour that is exclusive to Meghan so I dont understand the use of the term Markled.

wannable

Curryong

Urban Dictionary is a popular online dictionary of slang phrases. However anyone can post definitions there, including trolls.

wannable

The biggest burying one's head in the sand situation.  :happycry:

With BOTH families Markled/Ghosted/Dropped, of course it made it to the Urban Dictionary.

wannable