QEII Official Duties and Court Circular Entries Part 2

Started by TLLK, April 09, 2020, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 16, 2022, 03:10:52 PM
It is quite possible that HM's being tired is long term fatigue from her bout with COVID.  There are many who have a long recovery and don't get their energy back for several months due to COVID's effects on the lungs and general health.  It comes and it goes, I have heard, and this must be frustrating  to deal with.

Yes

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on August 17, 2022, 12:16:05 AM
Queen set to miss Harry and Meghan's return as Monarch advised to STAY in Scotland | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
If I were her doctors I would certainly advise it.  It's always said that she truly relaxes up there, and the air is certainly clean and healthy - the ideal venue for renewing her energy and peace of mind.  Luckily she missed the really hot weather and hopefully will continue to do so.  I'm sure she would make time for a visit with them if she didn't have to travel. 

Curryong

I said that I thought the incoming PM would go to Balmoral rather than the Queen or Charles presiding at BP, in a post on the Sussex thread. It was logical. There will be a lot more of this in years to come as well, if the Queen survives to 100 with her mental and physical faculties still OK.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on August 25, 2022, 11:28:55 PM
I said that I thought the incoming PM would go to Balmoral rather than the Queen or Charles presiding at BP, in a post on the Sussex thread. It was logical. There will be a lot more of this in years to come as well, if the Queen survives to 100 with her mental and physical faculties still OK.
Personally I would rather not see her make the extra journey. I think travelling might make her uncomfortable.  Before she left for Scotland she attended some functions and seemed very upbeat, but after she got there she cancelled the usual welcome ceremony and some other things. Perhaps the trip was too much for her? However, this is so important she may just want to make the journey anyway.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on August 25, 2022, 11:28:55 PM

Yes HM Queen Elizabeth II would survived but she is 96 years old but she nearly 100 years in four years if new PM and meet HM Queen Elizabeth II in Balmoral not London because of HM Queen Elizabeth II?s health sakes due her health and mobility issues

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 26, 2022, 12:35:26 AM
Personally I would rather not see her make the extra journey. I think travelling might make her uncomfortable.  Before she left for Scotland she attended some functions and seemed very upbeat, but after she got there she cancelled the usual welcome ceremony and some other things. Perhaps the trip was too much for her? However, this is so important she may just want to make the journey anyway.

Agreed

Nightowl

I hope HM stays in Scotland till the first snow flakes of the season begin to fall, what a beautiful restful place it must be...no need for the noise of humans that don't know what they are doing from one minute to the next.  Just sit by the fireplace and let life be peaceful and dreamy is what I hope she does. Me, I would bring my hot tea, a good book and my needlework and most of all my dog  and stay put till I was dragged out kicking and screaming...Balmoral to me is heaven on earth!

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on August 26, 2022, 03:51:57 PM
I hope HM stays in Scotland till the first snow flakes of the season begin to fall, what a beautiful restful place it must be...no need for the noise of humans that don't know what they are doing from one minute to the next.  Just sit by the fireplace and let life be peaceful and dreamy is what I hope she does. Me, I would bring my hot tea, a good book and my needlework and most of all my dog  and stay put till I was dragged out kicking and screaming...Balmoral to me is heaven on earth!

HM Queen Elizabeth II want quiet vacation in Balmoral and no noise or whatever she wanted if Queen can?t travel to London meet new PM and send new PM to Balmoral meet Queen Elizabeth II face to face but usually in London same previous PM meet Queen at Buckingham Palace for sake of her health included her mobility and health issues

What my previous posts HM Queen Elizabeth II appointed new PM after PM Johnson?s successor
See #203 #204 and #209

Curryong

I would like Balmoral, though the Scottish weather is generally too cold, too bracing for me. Not fond of snow. My blood?s been thickened by too many years in a hot country!

However, a lot of visitors and family to the castle over the past 170 odd years haven?t cared for it. It?s fairly isolated, a long car drive to get anywhere near civilisation! If people aren?t fond of country pursuits there?s nothing to do.

That doesn?t apply to the Queen, of course, but until a few years ago she could go for walks, picnics, inspect her herds of cattle, go riding on her ponies etc without a care. I don?t think she?s a woman who enjoys reading a lot and being immobile. Most of her hobbies have been active ones. That?s why these past years and encroaching age have been so hard on her.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on August 27, 2022, 12:14:58 AM
I would like Balmoral, though the Scottish weather is generally too cold, too bracing for me. Not fond of snow. My blood?s been thickened by too many years in a hot country!

However, a lot of visitors and family to the castle over the past 170 odd years haven?t cared for it. It?s fairly isolated, a long car drive to get anywhere near civilisation! If people aren?t fond of country pursuits there?s nothing to do.

That doesn?t apply to the Queen, of course, but until a few years ago she could go for walks, picnics, inspect her herds of cattle, go riding on her ponies etc without a care. I don?t think she?s a woman who enjoys reading a lot and being immobile. Most of her hobbies have been active ones. That?s why these past years and encroaching age have been so hard on her.
I don't pretend to know how she is feeling, but her family all say how much she loves Balmoral. I hope she is well enough to enjoy it, since it is her vacation and family is visiting.

Nightowl

I understand that yet I would like to think that even HM has to realize that with age our bodies change and we at times must adjust to that, even HM has adjusted as we have seen. I don't like old age as I have had to adjust somethings I can no longer do like painting my bedroom so I had to pay someone to do it......grrrrrr.  I am more a country girl with a love of winter and snow, give me a snowstorm any day of the week  as I go walking in it with my face to the heavens and I have done just that. Heat and humidity are not my cup of tea and neither is sand on a beach....walking on pine needles in a forest is more my way of enjoying life. Cleaning off sand in my home is something I never will do again. Maybe now HM could just enjoy the view of her beloved Scotland with hot tea and her dogs with her....and let everyone including the PM or whomever come to her for a change. After all she is the Queen and Elizabeth 11.

All the drama of Andrew and Harry and most of all the passing of Philip has taken a huge toll on her physically as we have seen.....let her final years be in peace and drama free and the hell with those that want to cause her trouble.  Isn't there a darn dungeon somewhere to put the troublemakers in .....

Blue Clover

I think being at Balmoral, her favorite setting, is where she finds peace as she faces more and more physical decline. I read that Charles is making frequent appearances.

Nightowl

I agree and I hate to see the physical decline of HM for that is hard to face as she has been a strong woman to look up in time for me. I am of Irish and Scottish heritage and just love Balmoral because it is set with the mountains in the background with the sun shining down.  I think HM finds much peace and contentment there with loving and heartfelt memories all around and that brings some joy to her. 

After all HM is the Queen and when she calls or asks then I hope everyone around her be it family or Parliament or any gov official jumps to her command....Some in her family will really live to regret the hell they have created for her in her golden years and may they suffer deeply. I have no apologies for anyone who goes out of their way to hurt another. 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Nightowl on August 27, 2022, 06:41:59 AM
I agree and I hate to see the physical decline of HM for that is hard to face as she has been a strong woman to look up in time for me. I am of Irish and Scottish heritage and just love Balmoral because it is set with the mountains in the background with the sun shining down.  I think HM finds much peace and contentment there with loving and heartfelt memories all around and that brings some joy to her. 

After all HM is the Queen and when she calls or asks then I hope everyone around her be it family or Parliament or any gov official jumps to her command....Some in her family will really live to regret the hell they have created for her in her golden years and may they suffer deeply. I have no apologies for anyone who goes out of their way to hurt another.
Well said, Nightowl! :goodpost:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Blue Clover on August 27, 2022, 03:57:44 AM
I think being at Balmoral, her favorite setting, is where she finds peace as she faces more and more physical decline. I read that Charles is making frequent appearances.
I had not heard that, but I was hoping it would be the case.  I think many are visiting up there right now which is great.

sara8150

I?m agreed with you

Blue Clover

Nightowl,
Yes, hearing about her most recent decline is very sad indeed. She has been a strong and enduring figure for many years, and the thought of losing that is hard to bear. I didn't know that you were of Scottish and Irish heritage and are familiar with Balmoral, known for its timeless beauty. Lucky you! I can see why it is a special place for the Queen, with so many memories combined with natural beauty. The sun is setting on one of the most notable members of the English Monarchy.

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 27, 2022, 03:07:04 PM
I had not heard that, but I was hoping it would be the case.  I think many are visiting up there right now which is great.

Queen health fears: Charles spotted making 'highly unusual' DAILY trips to Balmoral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

The Queen is likely to see Boris, who will probably fly to Scotland by helicopter or plane, at Balmoral. I don?t see her going down to BP though there?s an outside chance she may. While there for a short time he will, by tradition, advise her of his successor and she will farewell him. Then the successor will (probably) fly in and ?kiss hands? in introduction. (The Queen has almost certainly met him/her before, as both candidates have occupied senior positions in Cabinet.) The entire Cabinet will then be sworn in, possibly the next day, and maybe by Zoom. Can?t see them all trailing up to Balmoral en masse!) Boris may well be in the Cabinet.

In Queen Victoria?s day it was quite usual for her to be at Windsor or Balmoral for kissing hands when she grew old. King Edward VII was at Biarritz in France on one occasion during his reign and Asquith had to go there to meet him rather than interrupt the King?s holiday, so this has been done before, it?s just considered very unusual for Elizabeth. Cabinet Ministers and PM?s often hated trailing up to Balmoral in Victoria?s day. It was quite a journey to that isolated castle in those days!

Curryong

I don?t think Charles making regular trips to see his very elderly mother is that unusual in the circumstances, though, in spite of the dramatic yelping of the tabloids I don?t think it?s due to a huge sudden decline in the Queen?s general health but rather her mobility issues. She probably welcomes a bit of company and they can talk over the political changes as well as family news.