The Late QEII and the late DoE birthdays, anniversaries and personal milestones

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 18, 2020, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

It has been decided not to have the ceremonial salute due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

A Palace source said: Her Majesty was keen that no special measures were put in place to allow gun salutes as she did not feel it appropriate in the current circumstances.

Queen requests no gun salute to mark 94th birthday - ITV News

TLLK

Thanks for sharing @PrincessOfPeace-An unprecedented situation during HM's reign but IMO it is the right decision.

sara8150

Till next year will ahead gun salute on her 95th birthday will be best

Coronavirus UK: Queen cancels traditional birthday gun salutes for the first time in 68 years | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth Cancels Birthday Gun Salutes, Coronavirus Lockdown | PEOPLE.com

The Queen cancels annual birthday traditions amid COVID-19 - details | HELLO!
No gun salute due coronavirus (COVID-19) for her safety

Queen's birthday gun salute cancelled amid coronavirus outbreak - BBC News

Queen cancels birthday gun salutes amid coronavirus gloom | UK news | The Guardian

Queen's birthday to go unnoticed as Her Majesty cancels celebration due to coronavirus | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Not this year due coronavirus (COVID-19) for HM Queen?s safety

Inside Queen's birthday plans as she keeps nation united in the face of coronavirus - Mirror Online

Queen cancels birthday tradition for first time in 68 years amid UK lockdown - Mirror Online

Queen cancels gun salutes to mark her birthday for first time in 68 years because of coronavirus lockdown ? The Sun

The Queen?s birthday salute has been cancelled ? Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: April 18, 2020, 06:44:46 PM

Gert?s Royals Twitter says

QuoteThe Queen's 21  Gun Salute for her birthday on April 21st at Royal Parks has been canceled.

@wabbey has also canceled all bell ringing for April & May, which means no bells for The Queen, Prince Louis or Princess Charlotte's birthday.

Twitter

QuoteThe Queen's birthday will still be a UK flag day, although it will not be required that buildings fly the flag.

The next scheduled 21 gun salute & @wabbey bell ringing is Prince Philip's birthday on June 11th. & then the Queen's official birthday on June 13th.
Twitter

Princess Cassandra

I was surprised by this at first; but I understand why she requested it. She is a very respectful, understated person, and she is considering the seriousness of the COVID and the anguish of its victims. God bless her. 

LouisFerdinand

It would have been nice if the Abbey bells could ring for Queen Elizabeth's birthday. However, the decision has been made.

sara8150

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on April 19, 2020, 05:56:48 AM
It would have been nice if the Abbey bells could ring for Queen Elizabeth's birthday. However, the decision has been made.

Westminster Abbey cancelled ring bell for members of royal family for birthday due coronavirus (COVID-19) for safe of HM Queen and members of royal family till end of coronavirus (COVID-19) out of respect for HM makes decisions is finalized till next year for her 95th birthday will be best idea

TLLK

:Two members of the family have their birthdays this week: Queen Elizabeth- April 21  (94) and her great grandson Prince Louis-April 23-(2). :bdaycake:

wannable

TLLK

Thank you for sharing the royal social media messages @wannable.   :bday7:  :Jen:

sara8150

Prince William leads messages on the Queen's 94th Birthday | Daily Mail Online

Royal Family shares snaps of a young Queen Elizabeth II as she celebrates her 94th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Lady Pamela Hicks shares her memories of Prince Philip's mother Princess Alice | Daily Mail Online

Captain Tom Moore wishes the Queen a happy 94th birthday as he is flooded with 25,000 cards | Daily Mail Online

Kate Middleton Prince William Celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Birthday | PEOPLE.com

Old Film of Queen Elizabeth Playing with Princess Margaret Released | PEOPLE.com

How Queen Elizabeth Spending 94th Birthday While in Lockdown | PEOPLE.com

The Queen surprises fans with birthday cupcake pictures - and reveals the recipe | HELLO!

Prince Charles sends a touching birthday message to his beloved 'Mama', the Queen | HELLO!

Kate Middleton and Prince William share beautiful photo with the Queen on 94th birthday - see it here | HELLO!

The Queen spends her 94th birthday with Prince Philip in isolation at Windsor Castle ? Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2020, 03:20:02 PM

Coronavirus: Childhood video of Queen marks lockdown birthday - BBC News

Queen releases private footage of her and Margaret to mark 94th birthday | UK News | Sky News

Royal family posts private footage of Queen as child for 94th birthday | UK news | The Guardian

Queen birthday: Private footage of Royal Family released to mark monarch's 94th birthday | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kate and William wish the Queen happy birthday and share adorable group photo | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen birthday: Royal photographer shares favourite picture as well-wishes roll in | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen birthday: Adorable throwback photo of young Elizabeth shared to mark special day | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen birthday: The one item never missing at royal celebration revealed on special day | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Happy birthday! Queen celebrates STRANGEST birthday yet - with jarring changes | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Private family footage of the Queen as a child released to mark 94th birthday - ITV News

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/royals-share-private-throwback-videos-21900185

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-williams-sweet-birthday-21899717

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-celebrates-94th-birthday-big-21897440

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-cancels-birthday-celebrations-inspirational-21898651

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11437959/prince-william-and-kate-wish-queen-happy-birthday/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/11443826/queen-birthday-unseen-footage-princess-margaret-zoom-calls/

LouisFerdinand

Curryong

TLLK

Aww...If Archie is like most babies he was likely enthralled by the images on the screen and was trying to reach out to them. :happy:

No birthday would be complete without a special dessert..so the royal pasty chefs have another recipe to share. The icing is almost too pretty to eat. :Jen:

Royal Chefs share a chocolate birthday cake recipe | The Royal Family

QuoteHappy birthday to Her Majesty! To celebrate The Queen's birthday we are sharing a chocolate cupcake recipe from The Royal Pastry Chefs.

wannable

I wonder if the 3 households and the non royal workers feel they could also notify the press that they had a zoom video with the Queen.  Sunshine Sach is the Sussex's communications team, they need not to ask permission or coordinate with the Monarch/POW/Cambridge's what goes. It's just a birthday, but there seems to be a special treatment with Harry and Meghan.

TLLK

Delightful footage of HM, Princess Margaret and QEQM! While I've seen dozens of photos of Princess Elizabeth of York and later Princess Elizabeth, there is something very special of seeing footage of her moving, seesawing, dancing, riding  and playing.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on April 21, 2020, 07:14:00 PM
Aww...If Archie is like most babies he was likely enthralled by the images on the screen and was trying to reach out to them. :happy:

No birthday would be complete without a special dessert..so the royal pasty chefs have another recipe to share. The icing is almost too pretty to eat. :Jen:

Royal Chefs share a chocolate birthday cake recipe | The Royal Family

It sounds wonderful and dark chocolate too, Yum! However, if I was making it I think I'd skip much of that buttercream icing. I think it would make the cake too rich.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on April 21, 2020, 04:06:35 PM
The Queen is 94 years old.       
Happy 94th Birthday to the Queen! - YouTube   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:
I wish she could have gone for a horse ride on her birthday. It was announced that she won't ride until the virus lockdown is over. I don't think she could catch the VOVID while riding, but she is trying to show respect for those who are ill and those who are attending in the NHS.

PrincessOfPeace

There will be a zoom party with Charlotte and her friends with the Queen and Philip joining in on the the fun. There will be cake and games and apparently Prince Philip has taken a shine to Charlottes mischievous streak.

The Queen will video call Princess Charlotte on her fifth birthday next Saturday | Daily Mail Online

LouisFerdinand

@Princess Cassandra, I do agree that it would have been nice if The Queen could have ridden her horse. Someday she will go back to riding again.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on April 26, 2020, 08:44:44 PM
@Princess Cassandra, I do agree that it would have been nice if The Queen could have ridden her horse. Someday she will go back to riding again.
I am sure she will. I hope at least that they both get to go outside for some fresh air - that is important to boost ones immunities!

Curryong

I wish Prince Philip a very happy birthday. However, I would imagine that he is beyond partying in any significant fashion. His physical health has not been the best over the last few years and nobody knows whether Philip has deteriorated mentally lately. I hope he has a very nice time catching up with family members via Zoom.

QueenAlex

well only a few months ago he wasout with Penny Romsey, and I think he's still mentally ok, not as sharp as he was but for a man of his years, he's ok.  He may not be doing the twist but he's capable I hope of enjoying a drink and a bite to eat and talking to people he likes...