Camilla's fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, December 19, 2019, 05:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Camilla, Queen of hats ? Royal Central

QuoteWhen it comes to headwear, the Duchess of Cornwall never disappoints. Her love of oversized, wide-brimmed hats trimmed with festive feathers, flowers, and swirls always makes for an interesting headpiece moment. She is certainly not afraid to ?go for it? and in my opinion, the bigger, the better when it comes to hats.

sandy

I think she over does it. She seems to be trying to imitate the QUeen Mum which is not a good idea.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on December 19, 2019, 05:22:42 PM
I think she over does it. She seems to be trying to imitate the QUeen Mum which is not a good idea.
I don't think she is trying to imitate anyone, but I will agree that at times her choices miss the mark. Most of the time, however, they are in good taste and attention-getting without being vulgar. I also think she looks good in hats, which not everyone does.

amabel

I love hats.. I think its a shame they have gone out of fashion.. One of the things I love aborad a holiday in the US is that I have a good excuse (I burn easily) for wearing a hat to keep off the sun

sandy

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 19, 2019, 05:25:17 PM
I don't think she is trying to imitate anyone, but I will agree that at times her choices miss the mark. Most of the time, however, they are in good taste and attention-getting without being vulgar. I also think she looks good in hats, which not everyone does.

Well they do resemble the "flying saucer" style hats the Queen Mum used to wear. The fur hat she regularly wears is not exactly politically correct.

I don't think she looks good in those big feathered hats or the large ones. Just a bit much with her big hair.

It's amazing that Diana varied her hairdo one time and got criticized. I saw pictures of Camilla "overshadowing" the Queen wearing a large hat.

Princess Cassandra

Amabel: I agree it is sad that hats have gone out of style. The last three weddings I attended I was the ONLY one wearing a hat. But it isn't just hats - there is far too much casual dressing nowadays in my view. I have seen folks in jeans attending wakes and funerals. That is just plain disrespectful as far as I am concerned.

TLLK

I typically like Camilla's hat choices, but the "mushroom" or "donut" hat from last week was not one of  my favorites.

Double post auto-merged: December 19, 2019, 08:56:54 PM

Duchess of Cornwall?s Christmas Hats | Royal Hats

Double post auto-merged: December 19, 2019, 08:57:48 PM

QuoteOver the next six weeks, we?re going to fill quiet days with a series that takes us back through royal hats worn on Christmas Day. Today, we start with the Duchess of Cornwall:
:snowflake:

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2019, 12:37:29 AM

My personal favorite is the purple one from 2012 as I prefer Camilla in wide brimmed hats.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 19, 2019, 05:45:12 PM
I typically like Camilla's hat choices, but the "mushroom" or "donut" hat from last week was not one of  my favorites.

Double post auto-merged: December 19, 2019, 08:56:54 PM

Duchess of Cornwall?s Christmas Hats | Royal Hats

Double post auto-merged: December 19, 2019, 08:57:48 PM

:snowflake:

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2019, 12:37:29 AM

My personal favorite is the purple one from 2012 as I prefer Camilla in wide brimmed hats.
Thanks for posting!  She does look good in wide brimmed hats, though there have been a couple of fails.

TLLK

Here's a look at one of Camilla's sapphire necklaces gifted from Saudi Arabia, that hasn't been seen too frequently.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Saudi Sapphire Demi-Parure

QuoteFirst publicly worn to the Prince's Trust Gala in November 2006, the necklace features a diamond base with nine sapphire and diamond pendants. Matching sapphire and diamond earrings were later worn with the set. These pieces were Camilla's choice to wear to the state banquet held for King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace in 2007, leading me to speculate that sapphire demi-parure was specifically a gift from the late King himself. Official gifts are not The Duchess of Cornwall's private property, as explained more fully in our feature on the Saudi Ruby Demi-Parure.

wannable

All eyes on the Duchess of Cambridge, but the Duchess of Cornwall looks great too with her pale blue, silver and grey dress by Bruce Oldfield.

Princess Cassandra

One of her best looks in my opinion. Age appropriate and absolutely lovely. She is not trying to pretend to be young and glamorous, but has a glamour all her own.

She looks splendid tonight.

Macrobug67

She does.  Blue, especially icy blue, is such a fabulous colour for her.  They all look amazing. 

Princess Cassandra

I'd love to know the inside stories about the Queen loaning these treasures e.g. does she offer, does she suggest, etc. It's always great to see Camilla (and Catherine) in a new treasure. 

TLLK

I've added a poll to this thread asking members to vote on their favorite of Camilla's tiaras that she's been seen wearing since her marrying into the BRF.
I chose the Cubitt-Shand as I find the others to be too large. Personally, I prefer the smaller and more delicate ones.

The Delhi Durbar Tiara

The Cubitt Tiara

Bejeweled Close-Ups: The Greville Tiara

Macrobug67

I?m the opposite.  Cams hair and face can carry off the big guns and I love them on her. 

TLLK

The bigger the hair, closer to Jesus. The bigger the tiara......? :Jen: :P

Macrobug67

TLLK

Macrobug67

sara8150

TLLK

IMO that is one of Camilla's best evening looks in a long time. The light mint green is beautiful with her hair color. Also it's a nice little nod to the green found in so many Middle Eastern nation's flags including Jordan.

Camilla's long tunic and trousers in white for the Centenary Event. Camilla's worn several versions of the long tunic and flowing trousers whenever she's in a warm climate or when visiting a more conservative society when on official visits.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/the-duchess-of-cornwall-arrives-at-a-centenery-celebration-at-the-picture-id1236622974?s=2048x2048

Curryong

White is always good in hot climates, especially if you are not great in dealing with heat and humid climates, which is something Camilla suffers from. Complete opposite to me, more heat the better. I was a cat in a former life! But dressing for comfort seems to be a must for C when she visits these places. And it?s true, light colours like mint green looks terrific with white.