Sussex family birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones

Started by wannable, August 04, 2019, 02:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

wannable

TLLK

Curryong

Yes, happy anniversary Harry and Meghan. Three years, one child and another one arriving very soon. They?ll probably have a quiet dinner at home in celebration I would guess.  :wub:

wannable

Admins and mods can you please open a child board for Harry and Meghan's children.  The child board has certain tools to add where only members can see/post.  Like the Cambridge's child board.

As soon as Admins/Mods decide, please move this post to the Archie thread. Thank you.

Meghan and Harry 'have not thought enough' about impact on Archie, says Storm Huntley
According to broadcaster Storm Huntley, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry haven't thought ?far enough ahead? on the impact of their explosive Oprah interview on their young son Archie

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry "have not thought far enough ahead" about the impact of their explosive Oprah interview on their son, according to Channel 5 broadcaster Storm Huntley.

She told Jeremy Vine that she had concerns over the impact of their mental health on son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor once he is older.

In particular, Storm was fretting about Meghan?s assertions that she was suicidal while pregnant.

She told Jeremy: "I do think talking is great and I do think it is great that [Prince Harry] is bringing attention to things like the feelings of [being] suicidal and the effects that has on somebody?s partner.

"The thing that I am quite worried about is Archie."

he continued: "Archie is just a baby and does not know what is going on. Archie will not be a baby forever, and he will go to school and people will tell him things about his mother.

"To find out that your mother was suicidal while pregnant, I think that is going to be quite hard. I do not think they have thought far enough forward of what this means for their children."

Meghan and Harry 'have not thought enough' about impact on Archie, says Storm Huntley - Daily Star

wannable

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals

When the full Sussex family does return to the UK next, one thing likely on their agenda will be the Christening of Lilibet.

UK succession rules require those in line to ?be in communion? with the Church of England.

Amabel2

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on May 29, 2021, 12:56:18 PM
Admins and mods can you please open a child board for Harry and Meghan's children.  The child board has certain tools to add where only members can see/post.  Like the Cambridge's child board.

As soon as Admins/Mods decide, please move this post to the Archie thread. Thank you.

@wannable-I'll pass on your request to our Administrator @Blue Clover

Curryong

Why is there speculation about Lili being christened when August Brooksbank and Lucas Tindal, her second cousins haven?t been baptised yet? They were both born several months ago. Yes I know there?s still a pandemic all over England but Zara and Eugenie could have only a small gathering in a local church for their christenings. It would be nice if the Queen attended and I?m sure she will for both. She certainly did for Lena.

It?s a bit strange IMO however to be talking about the christening of a baby that isn?t even a month old yet while four months old and over babies related to her remain unbaptised.

Amabel2

Because it might be the last chance for the queen to see Lilibet.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 26, 2021, 07:45:55 AM
Because it might be the last chance for the queen to see Lilibet.

Well, I doubt that the Queen has seen the other two much at all either, considering that HM is very careful to social distance and we don?t know whether Eugenie and Jack or Zara and Mike are fully vaccinated yet, so she?d hardly be dropping in on their households for tea.

She?s not alone. Zoom and other means of keeping in touch are being used all over the world between different generations in the middle of this pandemic, including the elderly and their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Unfortunately that?s just the way it is at the moment.

And even before this virus people of different generations in one family were often separated by great distances. My father in England didn?t see my children (his only grandchildren btw)  when they were babies either. And that was before Zoom, FB and IG and everything else, it was just photos and letters. Australia is a migrant country and that situation would have been replicated by the millions here. And still is.

Curryong

Incidentally, People mag headlines early this year spell out the situation when August, Sarah and Andrew?s first grandchild, was born in February.

?Sarah Ferguson Celebrates Daughter Princess Eugenie's Baby Boy: 'I'm a Granny!'
Because of coronavirus pandemic restrictions, Baby Brooksbank has yet to meet his grandparents in person.?

Amabel2

The queen is in her mid 90s and Lily is living 5000 miles away.  Probably a visit to England in the next year is the last chance she may get to see the baby in person. I personally think that babies should be baptised reasonably soon and not wait for a  grand ceremony.. but if H and Meg do decide to have her christened in the UK that may be the only chance the queen has to see Lily.

TLLK

TLLK

The discussion regarding Meghan's mentoring initiative have been moved to the Sussexes' charity and patronages thread. Any further discussion of the mentoring initiative will be deleted. Please reserve this thread only for Sussex family birthdays, anniversaries and other family milestones.

The Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities news and activities

TLLK

Happy Birthday  to the Duke of Sussex! Prince Harry celebrates his 37th birthday today. The three official social media accounts for the BRF, Clarence House and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge all have messages to him today.

Queen leads birthday tributes to Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Queen has led birthday wishes to Prince Harry on his 37th birthday, sharing a selection of photos highlighting her grandson's charity efforts while he was a working royal.

The Duke of Sussex, who has quit royal duties and is currently living in an ?11m mansion in California also received birthday greetings from the Prince of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Poignantly, Prince Charles shared throwback photos with his younger son, amid a rift that Harry made public during his bombshell interview with Oprah. 

Meanwhile, Prince William and Kate Middleton kept their message simple, posting a solo portrait of the Duke with the caption: 'Happy birthday Prince Harry,' and a red balloon emoji.

:bdaycake:

Curryong

Happy 37th birthday to you, Harry. Hope you have a lovely one with your wife and children in your fabulous home, or elsewhere!

TLLK

Not sure which birthday treat Prince Harry will enjoy today, but according to the Darren McGrady who was the KP chef when Harry was a boy, he did love banana desserts. Here's McGrady's caramel and banana cake  and the banana flan recipes.

What Are Prince William and Harry?s Favorite Desserts? Dessert Recipes The Princes Love

THE BANANA FLAN I MADE FOR PRINCES WILLIAM AND HARRY - YouTube

wannable

A DM Quote, original from The Telegraph copyrights purchased.

A palace source told The Telegraph: 'There will not be a christening in the UK. It is not happening.'

Meanwhile another insider added it was 'highly unlikely'. 

The Episcopal Church of the US, which is member church of the worldwide Anglican Communion, is run by Bishop Michael Curry who became an internet sensation after he delivered a 14-minute sermon at the couple's wedding at St George's Chapel, Windsor.

If Harry and Meghan decide to baptise their daughter at the California church it will mean that Lilibet will not be considered a 'member' of the Church of England automatically.

However the young royal could later join a Church of England congregation if she came to the UK.   

Apparently Lilibet will be baptised in California rather than the UK.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 11, 2021, 10:56:56 PM
A DM Quote, original from The Telegraph copyrights purchased.

Apparently Lilibet will be baptised in California rather than the UK.

Well, apparently she will. Good. The only people who were saying that the Sussexes wanted a Windsor royal christening for her was the British Press. Harry and Meghan, Lili?s actual parents, have never mentioned their daughter?s christening. Ever.

Incidentally, AFAIK, Lucas Tindall hasn?t been christened yet though he was born months before Lili. Ditto for August Brooksbank at the moment. And nothing?s been said about that, or future christening arrangements for Beatrice and Edo?s Sienna. Why not carry on about them, British tabloids. It couldn?t possibly be because such stories wouldn?t attract the clickbait? Or the delight in further bashing of the Sussexes by the British media? No of course not, lol!

PrincessOfPeace

The only reason I figured they wanted  a UK christening was for the 'royal faerie dust' but apparently they have different plans. For the best imo.

Curryong

It was the British media who kept pushing that agenda, nobody else. And way back in August magazines like Hello were twittering about all the RF babies going to be christened ?soon?. Zara and Mike at least apparently aren?t rushing the arrangements. Lucas will be walking to the baptismal font at this rate. But no, no,  the only people who desperately want their baby christened are the Sussexes!

Royal christenings incoming! Princess Eugenie, Zara Tindall, Meghan Markle - details | HELLO!

TLLK

Glad that these types of celebrations can take place in 2021 because there weren't too many throughout the UK and other nations in 2020.

Curryong

Some might be held early in 2022 as nobody seems to be rushing. Just have to wait and see.

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on October 12, 2021, 12:34:56 AM
Glad that these types of celebrations can take place in 2021 because there weren't too many throughout the UK and other nations in 2020.

Isn't the royal family or those outside of the royal family  running out of time in 2021, less than 2 1/2 months for any christening of babies, right. I wonder if it is not on a member of the royal family's calendar now, it is not going to be there any time soon....