Sophie's and Louise's fashion, accessories and jewelry

Started by TLLK, September 05, 2021, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Now that is a very good idea for this dress.....I bet whomever made it could put a V neck in it with no problems....Thanks for the idea. 

I buy t-shirt dress and remake them to suit me, and V necks are so easy as you tube teaches us.....yet this dress is a designer couture I bet and cost thousands more then a silly t-shirt dress....

sara8150

Countess of Wessex wores Thalia Watercolour floral gown from Suzannah which featured a flared skirt and a sophisticated strappy V-neckline.

Nightowl

Gads...............how horrible, Sophie went from glamour girl one day  that was outstanding to a complete mess of a rag the next day. Those shoes meed to be burnt.

sara8150

Sophie put in a stylish appearance wearing a stunning emerald gown.

Curryong

Generally speaking I always think that satin, or any other shiny material really, though glamorous in evening wear, can give a middle aged figure strange  rolls, creases and bumps that the person doesn?t really have, as shown in this photo of Sophie. IMO satin is worn best by the ultra thin young with good figures and excellent under garments!

Macrobug67

Questionable material aside, that shade of green is fabulous with her hair and skin colour

wannable

Quote from: sara8150 on July 28, 2022, 09:23:20 PM

Sophie put in a stylish appearance wearing a stunning emerald gown.

Sophie looks great in emerald green.

sara8150

Sophie, Countess of Wessex's Funeral Hat Honored Queen's Love of Horses
QuoteWearing a black straw riding hat with handmade silk flowers cascading down one side, Sophie's go-to milliner Jane Taylor says every aspect of its design was in honor of her beloved mother-in-law.

"The Countess of Wessex is wearing a stylized riding hat in straw with a trimming of handmade silk flowers (Myrtle and Orchids)," Taylor says. "This hat was created as a nod to The Queen's love of riding and horses. The flower trimming was inspired by the flowers The Queen had in her wedding bouquet, which again acknowledges one of the most important moments in the Queen's life."

"We wanted to make something very special for the funeral, and we were very honored to create this bespoke hat for the Countess of Wessex," she says.

Sophie, 57, also included a subtle tribute to the monarch with her dress ? the designer, Suzannah London, shared that the design included the Queen's favorite flowers.

"Many beautiful panels of Italian wool and silk satin were embroidered as a tribute with Lily of the Valley ? Her Majesty's favourite flowers, intertwined with florals from her wedding bouquet," Suzannah added in an Instagram post shared Tuesday.

Suzannah London on Instagram: "An absolute honour and privilege to be given this opportunity to be a small part of modern history yesterday. Thank you
Nice details on Countess of Wessex

sara8150

Sophie Wessex paid tribute to the Queen with heartbreaking subtle detail on her bespoke dress at the funeral | The Sun
Countess of Wessex wores black Suzannah London coat dress, which was covered in Lily of the Valley flowers - the Queen's favourite flower included 1953 coronation Queen Elizabeth was such a fan of the delicate flower that she had it in her coronation bouquet back in 1953.And it was grown in abundance in the gardens of Buckingham Palace at the Queen's request.The Lily of the Valley was confirmed as the Queen's favourite flower in 2019, as part of the #mychelseagarden campaign."Lily Of The Valley featured in Her Majesty?s coronation bouquet and has held special association since." On the lapel of her dress, she wore an eye-catching black and silver brooch, featuring two strawberries.

Curryong

It?s certainly a beautifully made bespoke coat-dress on Sophie. The detail on it is amazing.

TLLK

This was an elegant choice for Sophie and I loved the design homage to her late Mother-in-law.

Nightowl

The most elegant and sophisticated of all ladies mourning outfits I have seen. The time and workmanship it took to do this is just incredible. I checked the website of the designer/embroider and it was amazing to see the ladies doing this. Sophie is heartbroken you can tell and rightly so, as grief has no time limits as we know, I am sure it take more than a very long time to even start the healing process.   

Nightowl

Oh yes, that coat dress is beyond beautiful and as someone who does lots of needlework, I wonder if that coat dress was designed and started to be made a couple of years ago.   The time it took to do the embroidery is hundreds of hours if done by hand which I bet it was.  Wonder if we will ever see it again.

TLLK

The Countess of Wessex visits David Lewis School and PACES Campus ? UFO No More

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex wore her Vince coat over a black dress with her Prada boots and her Sophie Habsburg clutch. She also wore her Hermes necklace.

sara8150

Sophie Wessex's never-before-seen second wedding dress revealed in resurfaced photo | HELLO!
When Edward and Sophie got married in June 19,1999 and Sophie had coat dress for ceremony and remove for reception its kind of appropriate this wedding gowns who designed by Samantha Shaw but the couples told guests and members of the royal family no hats at ceremony due respect for that im not surprised that only for Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Mother will allowed have hats

sara8150

Countess of Wessex wores earrings and a necklace made of pearls she look so lovely

sara8150

Countess of Wessex wores emerald gown and dazzled in The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara and matching drop earrings

TLLK

Nightowl

I love her gown more than Catherine's even as it is simply dignified and chic.  I saw quite a few pictures of Sophie at the dinner and she did not look like a happy lady......that was unusual for her as she always had a bright smile at any event......not this time!  Could be tummy issues, tired and wants pj's and bed, who knows.......so hope things go better tomorrow. Like Anne, Sophie is another royal lady that I so admire.