Royalty Questions: Ask all your questions here....

Started by Wombat, December 28, 2006, 06:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savanna

Lord Porchester? What a stupid name  :lmao:  Sounds like pork and chester  :happytears:

heather

He is also Lord Carnarvon. :)

Have fun with that! :P

Savanna

I just mentioned that guy Carnarvon on the AL Fayed feud thread...

heather

Savanna

Erm, PW`s? Dunno but that topic with the Al Fayed thread, you just posted in there, as I saw

heather

Yes, I am sorry to say I found it. :notamused:

Savanna

heather

No you didn't say anything objectionable......I just read the thread, and wished I hadn't. :(

Savanna

Cassidy

This is a question that was posted by another member elsewhere in the forum and I found it interesting. Does anyone know?

I am just wondering.  What would happen if somebody refuses to curtsey to any member of the royal family?  Is it a crime, are there any serious consequences?

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

heather

Lots of people do not, it is not a crime.
There are no serious consequences, but you may be spared one of Charles' speeches in the future :D....just kiddin. :teehee:

Lila the Flirt

:teehee: I agree. Royalty isn't like it used to be.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Cassidy

What about during a very public and formal meeting of the Queen?

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

Stix Chix

^you'd be thrown in the Tower. 

ok, not really! :happy:  i doubt if the Queen (or any other royal) would even acknowledge a persons lack of a bow or curtsy and just smile and greet the person as normal.  it might cause a stir among the other guests (with some approving and some disapproving) and possibly in the papers too depending on who's not doing it. 

if a Prime Minister of the UK or one of the Commonwealths didnt bow or curtsy to the Queen i can see it as offending the Queen but in most cases i doubt if it truely hurts her.  and if it does she doesnt show it.

i'm importing this question from another thread!

Quote from: helloeveyone on August 17, 2007, 05:51:48 PMif William were to get marry, and by some freak accident his wife gets pregnant and then he dies, would his wife still be Queen of England?
Quote from: Windsor on August 18, 2007, 02:13:54 AM
No!
but she would act as the child's Regent until s/he comes of age (18) and becomes soverigne and then take on the title Queen Mother, right? 

Harryite #0004

Windsor

Quote from: Stix Chix on August 21, 2007, 01:19:20 AMbut she would act as the child's Regent until s/he comes of age (18) and becomes soverigne and then take on the title Queen Mother, right? 

Not quite, a regent would most likely be a close family member within the Royal Family, Prince Harry for example.

Wombat

I think it's rude not to curtsey to the Queen....but I wouldn't curtsey Charles, Camilla, Wills or Harry or anyone else. :mellow:

starlight

I guess a lot of people would bow and curtsey to the Queen. I however would not curtsey to the Queen or any of the RF, I just don't feel I need to do that and I would not feel it was rude, the RF don't expect all that now. And if they did too bad they would not get it from me.

Lila the Flirt

Are you British? Those who aren't subjects of HM do not curtsey to the royals and they wouldn't expect one to do so.

starlight

Yes, I'm British, and I still would'nt curtsey, even if they did expect it. Years ago the Queen said curtseying and bowing is not expected. Some people still do it, but the RF are not fools a lot of people of my generation have moved on from that.

Lila the Flirt

Wombat

Well I'm not British and I'd still curtsey to HM...

Lila the Flirt

Yes but you're a subject. I think one would anyway. One might say I'd never do it, but in her presence, I think one's knees will bend on their own :teehee:

Windsor

Bowing/curtseying to royalty comes naturally, it is something you do and that is it, only when you are absolutely determined not to do so (Mrs. Blair, an excellent example) is when you dont, otherwise as I said it comes naturally. :shrug:

Wombat

I don't think curtseying comes naturally..it seems like an unnatural thing to do.

Quote from: Lila the Flirt on August 22, 2007, 04:14:14 AM
Yes but you're a subject. I think one would anyway. One might say I'd never do it, but in her presence, I think one's knees will bend on their own :teehee:
I wouldn't do it because I was a subject I'd do it out of respect for her. :happy:

heather

It does come naturally when one meets HM, but I would refuse to do so with Charles or Camilla......to curtsey or bow is a sign of respect.