Supporting Children\'s Hospices

Started by cinrit, June 19, 2014, 11:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge is a committed supporter of children's hospices and wider palliative care, which provides a vital lifeline to children and families affected by life-limiting conditions.

Through her Royal engagements, charitable patronages and in speeches, she has worked to bring wider public attention to the hospice movement.

The Duchess of Cambridge has been publicly involved in this area since she became Royal Patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) in January 2012.
The Duchess of Cambridge has also provided the following supportive statement for Children's Hospice Week:

"Around the clock support is crucial for children receiving palliative care.  They and their families often need help every hour of every day, both in hospices and at home. As Patron of EACH, I have seen first-hand this remarkable and varied work and just how vital the support of staff and volunteers can be to the families of children with life limiting conditions. It has been wonderful to see the fantastic public support for Children's Hospice Week over the last few days. Please continue supporting your local children's hospice in whatever way you can."

More: Children's hospices

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: June 19, 2014, 11:35:28 AM

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge Praises 'Crucial' Work Done by Children's Hospices

The Princess spoke after visiting The Treehouse, part of the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), to learn more about the support provided for children with life-threatening conditions.

Kate also enquired after the role volunteers can play in hospices, an issue which is close to her heart and is being explored further with her Foundation.

Pictures of the Duchess visiting the Treehouse hospice in Ipswich were released on the Clarence House Twitter feed today to mark Children's Hospice Week, which ends tomorrow.
EACH Chief Executive Graham Butland said: "As our Royal Patron, Her Royal Highness has really helped put children's hospice services in the UK at the forefront of people's minds and allowed us to demonstrate the full and flexible range of services families can benefit from 24/7.

"The very active role The Duchess plays, both publicly and in private, is considerable and much appreciated by our staff, volunteers and of course the children, young people and families using our services."

More: Royal visit to children's hospice by Kate Middleton | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge has visited East Anglia's Children's Hospices' Treehouse in Ipswich.

She visited the hospice, of which she is patron, as part of Children's Hospice Week (June 13-20).

During the visit the Duchess met with children being cared for at the hospice and also spoke to volunteers who work there.

Children's Hospice Week is the UK's only awareness raising and fundraising week for children with life-limiting conditions and the services, like children's hospices, that support them.

The Duchess said being patron of EACH had allowed her to see just how important the work of hospices like the Treehouse is.
More: Ipswich: Duchess of Cambridge makes visit to EACH?s Treehouse as part of Children?s Hospice Week - News - East Anglian Daily Times

cinrit

From Twitter:

EACH @EACH_hospices  ·  2h
The Duchess: "I have seen first-hand how vital the support of staff and volunteers can be" #childrenshospiceweek

British Royals @britishroyals  ·  2h
Kate appears to have made a private visit to @EACH_hospices.Her plea for #childrenshospiceweek East Anglia's Children's Hospices | Latest news | Our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, is supporting Children's Hospice Week

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate  58m
Kate wore a DVF dress for the private hospice visit which she has had since 2002 when she wore it for a dinner at St. Andrews.

Cindy

Macrobug

So there ARE private visits going on.   
GNU Terry Pratchett

cinrit

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge Makes Visit to EACH’s Treehouse as Part of Children’s Hospice Week

She visited the hospice, of which she is patron, as part of Children’s Hospice Week (June 13-20).  During the visit the Duchess met with children being cared for at the hospice and also spoke to volunteers who work there.

Children’s Hospice Week is the UK’s only awareness raising and fundraising week for children with life-limiting conditions and the services, like children’s hospices, that support them.

The Duchess said being patron of EACH had allowed her to see just how important the work of hospices like the Treehouse is.

More: Ipswich: Duchess of Cambridge makes visit to EACH?s Treehouse as part of Children?s Hospice Week - News - Ipswich Star

Cindy

Macrobug

:teehee:  All snarking aside...........I am behind this 100%.  Children's hospices need to be supported.  Not a subject people want to deal with, children dying is a hard subject. And unfortunately it is human nature to try to ignore/deny subject matter that is painful to deal with.   Good for Kate to support this and my hat off to all those involved.
GNU Terry Pratchett

SophieChloe

This came out of the blue, did it?  Shame on her for using those darling children for her own PR!

I'm disgusted with her and her PR minions.   

There's a BIG rat in my Kitchen.....
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

georgiana996

:eyes: that is her job.
That is her job .  :no: she's never going to win is she  :wellduh:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

SophieChloe

Her "job" is to get out there and help others.  Not to wear pretty clothes and tumbling hair. 

Sorry, Georgie. But Not Good Enough  :hug:

Limabeany

She is working hard at showing up places as if in a marathon to avoid being criticized for her next vacation and four month once a month gala appearance phase. She is not unpredictable at all.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

^Exactly!  I'm sure they take us for dumb :fool: fools  :shrug:

PrincessOfPeace

JB ‏@Royal_beans 1 hr

VIDEO: Treehouse Happy (The Duchess of Cambridge a Royal Patron)

cinrit

Her job as patron, with regard to EACH (and all her charities), is to bring attention to the charity.  She's doing that.

Cindy

SophieChloe

Thanks, PofP.  Lovely clip.  Shame Kate couldn't be arsed to be in it.  Far too busy doing sod all. 

Quote from: cinrit on June 19, 2014, 07:42:34 PM
Her job as patron, with regard to EACH (and all her charities), is to bring attention to the charity.  She's doing that.

Cindy
No she is not!  That is why this little nugget seems to have come out of the blue!

It has obviously worked on some people.  I'm not fooled...nothing more that Bread and Circuses   :shrug:

PrincessOfPeace

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices

The Duchess: "Around the clock support is crucial for children receiving palliative care" #childrenshospiceweek  Twitter / EACH_hospices: The Duchess: ?Around the ...

SophieChloe

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteKate Middleton's work is never done.

The Duchess of Cambridge, who has been a patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices for years, recently visited its Treehouse center to meet patients and learn more about EACH's day-to-day operations. On Thursday, the 32-year-old released a statement in support of Children's Hospice Week.
More:  Kate Middleton Releases Touching Message in Support of Children's Hospice Week | E! Online

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Macrobug on June 19, 2014, 01:00:17 PM
:teehee:  All snarking aside...........I am behind this 100%.  Children's hospices need to be supported.  Not a subject people want to deal with, children dying is a hard subject. And unfortunately it is human nature to try to ignore/deny subject matter that is painful to deal with.   Good for Kate to support this and my hat off to all those involved.

Agreed!!!

Limabeany

Quote from: SophieChloe on June 19, 2014, 07:42:50 PM
Thanks, PofP.  Lovely clip.  Shame Kate couldn't be arsed to be in it.  Far too busy doing sod all. 

Quote from: cinrit on June 19, 2014, 07:42:34 PM

Cindy
No she is not!  That is why this little nugget seems to have come out of the blue!

It has obviously worked on some people.  I'm not fooled...nothing more that Bread and Circuses   :shrug:
I agree. It is her job to bring attention and given that she only has 9, more than once a year would be more appropriate than what little she does now...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge successfully pulled a quick one on the press.

On Thursday, the beloved royal paid a secret visit to The Treehouse, a children's hospice in Suffolk, England, which operates under one of her patronages, East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH). The unannounced visit fell during Children's Hospice Week, which is dedicated to raising awareness and funds for hospice centers in the UK.
More: Duchess Kate makes a surprise visit to children's hospice - News - TODAY.com

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Macrobug on June 19, 2014, 12:42:45 PM
So there ARE private visits going on.   

Somewhat.

Yes. No.

YES, and  PLEASE everyone, no need  to   tell all the defintions of wat  is a hospice care, ICU, etc.  I am sure  many  of  us, like me, have had  someone in hospice care , in ICU, etc.   WE  ALL KNOW WHAT  IT  ALL MEANS! THANK YOU!!!!
YES, understandable  for not having  the BRF  media  out  full force  for her time there.
Still, the secret work, is  not so secret because it MUST be brought forth  to the public and her subjects wnd IT WAS.
What  is the purpose and there is no purpose  for  secret work to STAY that way and it did not.  As  I  and others psoted before, the  BRF do not work in secret.  This was somewhat secret.   It  HAD to be presented  to her subjects.  So really, NO, they  do NOT work in secret.
It defeats the purpose of the BRF duties, work  on behalf  of theur subjects, their role  in their country.
PK  need not grace the halls  of the place  and  touch hands there of parents, staff  and some patients. She  is not the Blessed Virgin Mary and  miracle   with  not happened due to her  appearance.

I think this was good. Good work!!
STILL,  what....
Why?
Why  can TPTB  and she not make this MOST WORTHY cause  her main cause?  Something really  , rally common to all people for  no one knows if, when  anyone they  know  will need that service. God forbid , but people can get sick. People can die.
Not a comfortable thing at all to say. I feel awful for even saying that.  This is so uncomfortable. No glamour.
There is so much TPTB and she could do:  a private fundraising  tea or some  party at  KP and not her  home, but the Palace. BP.
A British tv show interview.
Corproate sponsors  to  match her private donation....something.

Anything consistent, concrete, and   for making a big difference and impact.

Limabeany

If there were private visits, they would be made public like this one... If she made private visits with any frequency she would know the staff by name and they would look so in awe and afraid to break her...

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIf there were private visits, they would be made public like this one...

You always say Harry is making private visits to his charities yet these somehow go unreported  :shrug: