The Iffy-Wiff Club: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and other charities, news, a

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Harry met The Office star Mindy Kaling at a 'Beyond Burnout' session during a summit held by 'life coaching' firm BetterUp in his role as its 'chief impact officer'.

The Duke of Sussex spoke on a panel in San Francisco, where the company is based, about managing 'the pressures of today's world and modern corporate life'.

Harry was joined by Dr Adam Grant, BetterUp's chairman of the 'Center for Purpose and Performance', and Kelly Jones, 'chief people officer' at technology firm Cisco.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13295879/Prince-Harry-Burnout-session-BetterUp-summit-San-Francisco.html

Lothwen

I'm curious if there's gonna be any video released from this, because I'd be curious to see what he had to say, but I honestly can't see him having any insight into corporate burnout
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Announce 2 New Netflix Series — Including a Cooking Show with the Duches.

The other series will "provide viewers unprecedented access to the world of professional polo,"

https://people.com/meghan-markle-prince-harry-announce-new-shows-netflix-cooking-polo-8609929#:~:text=The%20couple's%20projects%20for%20the,in%20December%202022%2C%20and%20the

Lothwen

You know, if I recall, Meghan had fairly decent success with The Tig. IMO, she should have done a reality series that was basically Tig in video form. And she should have started it in 2021, when they still had a lot of goodwill towards them.

Harryite 12-005

Curryong

Yes, Lothwen, that would have been a good idea. However, Meghan is a foodie and interested in cuisines, so we will have to see how her series goes.

As for Harry burnout in the armed services for various reasons, is very common unfortunately, and Harry as a junior officer may well have had valuable experiences with that.

Lothwen

Being a foodie isn't the same thing as being a chef. I'm curious to see if she'll be the one cooking, or if she'll just be hosting the show.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Harry honors his late mother Princess Diana's HIV work and says 'Africa is in his soul' as he jets into Miami for 'intimate' panel and charity polo match - after swerving livestream at $1,600-a-ticket event with Mindy Kaling -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13302217/prince-harry-miami-sentebale-netflix-livestream-mindy-kaling.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=social-twitter_mailonline

PrincessOfPeace

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrive hand in hand at charity polo match in Florida - live updates -

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/517434/meghan-markle-supports-prince-harry-charity-polo-florida/?utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=hellouk&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1712955986

Meghan Markle wows in white dress and towering heels as she and Prince Harry arrive hand-in-hand at glitzy charity polo match in Miami surrounded by film crew from Duke's new Netflix show about elitist sport -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13302947/meghan-markle-prince-harry-polo-match-miami-duke-nacho-figueras.html

Curryong

Good to see them both, looking happy and mixing and interacting with onlookers. Meghan looks gorgeous!
Harry took part in a polo match for his charity Sentebale. This is a good news story about charity in action and a new polo Netflix series. Even the DM had little bad to say. So why is this story parked in the Iffy-Wiffy Club on this forum?

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Curryong on April 12, 2024, 10:52:41 PMGood to see them both, looking happy and mixing and interacting with onlookers. Meghan looks gorgeous!
Harry took part in a polo match for his charity Sentebale. This is a good news story about charity in action and a new polo Netflix series. Even the DM had little bad to say. So why is this story parked in the Iffy-Wiffy Club on this forum?

I'm thinking of posting articles in both the 'pro' and 'con' threads. I recognize people have a range of opinions

Lothwen

So, I'm seeing reports that Harry banned certain publications from attending this event. Is that common practice amongst the royals in general?
Harryite 12-005

Blue Clover

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 12, 2024, 10:57:54 PMI'm thinking of posting articles in both the 'pro' and 'con' threads. I recognize people have a range of opinions

Yes, that was the point of the two clubs. Thank you Princess of Prince, that's a good idea.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Lothwen on April 13, 2024, 07:21:23 PMSo, I'm seeing reports that Harry banned certain publications from attending this event. Is that common practice amongst the royals in general?

I don't think so but I suppose he's free to invite who he wants. Celebrities only want positive press

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

'It's crucial that we strive to do better': Prince Harry makes surprise video appearance from his Montecito home as he tells annual meeting of Travalyst eco firm that, 'travel and tourism relies on destinations'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13319153/Prince-Harry-general-meeting-Travalyst-travel-tourism.html

Lothwen

I'm curious if he and Meghan flew commercial to Florida this past week, or did they fly private? Because way to lecture people who probably fly once or twice a year on a commercial flight, sardined in with a bunch of strangers, while you jet set around the world.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

I've have a difficult time understanding what Travelyst actually does.

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

Curryong

Quote from: Lothwen on April 17, 2024, 05:08:48 PMI'm curious if he and Meghan flew commercial to Florida this past week, or did they fly private? Because way to lecture people who probably fly once or twice a year on a commercial flight, sardined in with a bunch of strangers, while you jet set around the world.

When has Harry last 'jet settled' around the world'? California to Florida isn't around the world. Unlike Charles who is known for taking the private royal family helicopter to make journeys shorter and was found out sending an empty plane back to collect his painting things that he'd forgotten when he was going on holidays. He lectures others on the environment and various other subjects.
It won't be this year, because Charles has been ill, however every July  when the official reports of the RF travel for the year came out it was the then POW (and his brother Andrew) who had the heaviest environmental footprint due  to air travel. Harry never headed that list!

William too lectures others in his speeches and he has used the family helicopter many times to get to and fro on engagements and also jet planes belonging to friends to go on holidays. He presumably isn't sardined in anywhere, even on commercial flights. The Edinburghs used a private plane, not commercial, to get to the ski fields of Switzerland quite recently.