Team Sussex: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and charities, news, and activities

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on August 17, 2023, 12:39:36 PM
@changemhysoul - LOL you can be lazy now and then. The extra long post is just fine.

i give my thanks, i have so much saved but it's the getting it transferred over part. and i do need to actually prep myself for when Invictus hits off bc i'm expecting so much. but some more below.

--

The Military band of the Royal Netherlands Marechausse performing.

https://twitter.com/NtokozoMg/status/1517099358189150213?s=20 (video, also is there a way to post videos if they're not on youtube?)

idk if i've posted before but this with more context

10 strong WIS soldiers fully ready to compete at the
@invictusGamesDE
2023 in
@dusseldorf
. They are the unconquered.

One of the best short video of my career that fuses military formation and sport to demonstrate resilience
#InvictusGames2023

https://twitter.com/okeyelias1/status/1691920379931992161

if you have twitter, give a like or a retweet, he's a film-maker and has been filming the journey of the Invictus Nigeria soldiers, and he post a lot of content about the them. He's super excited for the games.

Invictus Games: Nigeria gets Africa's first entry at Prince Harry's games for wounded veterans | CNN

---

'Prince Harry called after my Russian kidnap hell and now I'm inspired to fight again'

Prince Harry: Invictus Games focuses on recovery, not injury

https://archive.is/HjVlf#selection-2323.4-2326.0

"A female competitor from Ukraine says that to rehabilitate herself, she needs Invictus but that war does not allow them to relax. Among those who appear on screen is Yulia ?Taira? Paievska, a Ukrainian military medic, who was captured by Russian forces during the siege of Mariupol. She had been due to participate in last year?s games as part of the Ukrainian team, but was captured shortly ahead of the event.

She had previously been given a body camera to participate in the documentary series which was later smuggled out of the country. Ms Paievska was released by the Russians last June and received a phone call from the Duke one week later. She credited the media attention surrounding the games with helping to save her life.

?I am very grateful to Prince Harry, because it was after ... the Invictus Games that the Russians stopped interrogating and torturing me,? she told The Telegraph.
?I think that spreading the word to the whole world influenced their decision to trade me in a prisoner exchange.?

-----

Beyond The Games | The IGF Conversation - YouTube

Beyond The Games | The IGF Conversation

Curryong

Such wonderful and inspiring news, especially Ms Paievska, the medic who was captured and then tortured until news of Invictus spurred the Russians to release her. I?ve read so many comments from vets who thank Harry and the IG for literally their lives. The filming of the Nigerian soldiers too. Wonderful work. If Harry does nothing else with this life, and I?m convinced he and Meghan will do much more hands on charity work, Invictus will still stand as a crowning achievement.

wannable

Invictus will do well because it is a UK charity registered in the UK Charity Commission. 

All of their other charities need 'fixing', it may remain in Delaware, the fixing has to do with the 95% to them rather than charity, it worked ages ago, not in the woke era.

changemhysoul

One, I'd like proof that 95% money made will be going to them and not their non-profit. You could be completely correct but I'd be nice to get facts to back-up statements like that instead of just spouting.

And Invictus will and does well not because it's has anything to do with the UK but the Founding Patron, The Board and everything Invictus offers aside from the games but the community that's put into it. Invictus does well because have the things like Heart of Invictus which will showcase the the work behind it, the stories of those involved and the heart that goes into it. Just like Meghan's projects in the UK weren't successful simply for being the UK but the time and resources and connections she put into her work.

But I agree with Curry, Invictus will always be a crowning one and the fact that it grows year after year with bigger partners, more nations and etc. The worst thing about Invictus is that it's bi-yearly instead of yearly. I can't wait for Germany because I think we might get the host of the 2027 games. We know Canada will be 2025 but they were taking bids for the following games after that.

wannable

That is Delaware law, only 5% has to go to charity, the other 95% can be expenses.

Then we have Lady C who recently stated with no allegedly nor for legal purposes, etc. that the couple since Megxit have received 30M in donation, gave to charity 3M. Pretty much 10% divided in two years, 5%.

changemhysoul

Quote from: wannable on August 19, 2023, 01:39:45 PM
That is Delaware law, only 5% has to go to charity, the other 95% can be expenses.

Then we have Lady C who recently stated with no allegedly nor for legal purposes, etc. that the couple since Megxit have received 30M in donation, gave to charity 3M. Pretty much 10% divided in two years, 5%.

So, you're quoting that the law says CAN happen, are you able to post proof of what you said and how it actually has happened. I didn't ask for the law, I asked for proof to back up the claims of what you said. So do you have any, actual proof of what you stated, which was..."All of their other charities need 'fixing', it may remain in Delaware, the fixing has to do with the 95% to them rather than charity, it worked ages ago, not in the woke era."

So, once again, I'm not asking what Daleware says can happen, since you claimed that 95% is going to them, can you back up that claim? Since you said it, it should be simple enough right?

Also, you're quoting Lady C who isn't connected to the man's who title she's is desperately holding onto (ofc, we can glean that projection she has about meghan seeing as she's doing it herself.)

And since you're quoting a woman who has 0 connections to the Sussex's, I'm sure you can also quote the proof she's given to her claims right? Because she can state what she wants, I'm assuming because she's so well connected and seemingly has a ton of information (a lot of it being wrong but, I do realize I'm engaging with people who hold the Sussex's to a level of truth are willing to quote people who are proven liars and etc) but, I'm assuming that you, are different and care about facts. So I would believe that instead of running to the forum to parrot what Lady C has said, that you'd look into the formation she gave, found it was creditable and would be able to back up those claims.

Or at the very least, point me in the direction of Lady C's findings that back up what she has said? I don't believe I'm asking for much, just actual proof, documents, charity commission findings to back up claim from a woman who's never met neither person she's making her money off of, with a title that she's clinging too.

Because, if Lady C's word can be taken as the truth, in that vein, everything Meghan and Harry said is the utter and only truth if our barrier of entry for facts is that woman, then yeah, anything anyone says can be believed.

That being said, I got side-tracked.

Do you have proof of your claims? That's my only question and quoting Lady C is not actual proof of what you said.

wannable

I can quote Lady C as she is a regular fixture for social and mainstream media. Period.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, no one, not me is stopping you or anyone.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 19, 2023, 10:29:40 PM
I can quote Lady C as she is a regular fixture for social and mainstream media. Period.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, no one, not me is stopping you or anyone.

So you believe do you, that the QM was born of an affair between a French cook called Marguerite (of whom no proof exists, not even a full name) and the Earl of Strathmore, Elizabeth?s father, because he ?needed heirs??  He in fact had several adult and nearly adult sons at the time of Elizabeth?s birth. Because Lady CC wrote that in a bio on the RF. 

So in the believe or not want to believe section put me please among Lady CC?s non-believers. The woman is clearly a fantasist. For a long time back when she was trying to make her way as a socialite, she inferred untruthfully that her birth family had aristo connections. People in Jamaica knew the truth. Her father owned a store.

And since when has regularly spreading gossip online and on TV been proof of veracity about anyone?

wannable

I can quote, I didn't say I believe or not.  It's like if I misquote you stating ''so you believe in the con, penalized and jailed ByLine people who have lost every suit'', never have, never will.

I can link or quote a news for discussion purpose. Of course, I DO know where Lady C is coming from; a bunch of Delaware companies each with a 'specialization is a paradise state, you can use each of your specialized companies for your needs; one is a transportation company, the other is a accounting company, the other is a marketing company and so on...no need to use third parties, or use third parties at Delaware too.  :shake:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 20, 2023, 12:01:03 AM
I can quote, I didn't say I believe or not.  It's like if I misquote you stating ''so you believe in the con, penalized and jailed ByLine people who have lost every suit'', never have, never will.

I can link or quote a news for discussion purpose. Of course, I DO know where Lady C is coming from; a bunch of Delaware companies each with a 'specialization is a paradise state, you can use each of your specialized companies for your needs; one is a transportation company, the other is a accounting company, the other is a marketing company and so on...no need to use third parties, or use third parties at Delaware too.  :shake:

I?m sure Lady CC believes she is an expert on US business and taxation law among her other claims.

wannable

She claims to have an A accountant expert USA source, friends in California, friends in Montecito. Clearly one can have family and friends all over the world..., true or not is up to each person to believe or not.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 20, 2023, 12:12:40 AM
She claims to have an A accountant expert USA source, friends in California, friends in Montecito. Clearly one can have family and friends all over the world..., true or not is up to each person to believe or not.

She has certainly claimed a lot of things in her time, many of which were completely untrue.

wannable

changemhysoul

So we've confirmed that Lady C has nothing to back up her words and we've confirmed that you have nothing to back up the words you quoted.

Lady C can have all of the connections she wants, what I'm asking for is proof of her claims. If you can't give actual proof, then at least preface your statements with 'rumor has it' and not 'they are doing this or that with funds or they've received funds.'

Because you stated that they did something, when asked for proof, you have nothing to back it up but a gossiper. Not even a first hand source at that but a person with some connections who has had 0 contact with the people she's talking about. Thank you for clearing that up. If you ever find proof of your claims (believe them or not, you did repeat them in attempt to be shady and smear) I'd be open to viewing them.

---

Another post from the person filming/photographing team Nigeria. It's a behind the scenes of the video they did. He's just so excited about Invictus.

Relax and immerse yourself in this
intriguing behind-the-scenes clip of team Nigeria🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬, which features our 10-strong WIS members dancing and having fun
during filming.
#dusseldorf #sports #weareinvictus #InvictusGames2023 #AfricanFootball #nigeria #HeartOfInvictus

https://twitter.com/okeyelias1/status/1693044390879511007

wannable

With 1 hour a week of work from the Sussexes, she's probably right.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 20, 2023, 12:54:20 AM
With 1 hour a week of work from the Sussexes, she's probably right.

That was originally a dig from a so called journalist at the Fail. And even at that time they knew it was a lie. Whereas the pathetically few engagements the Wales?s do per year is there in black and white at the end of the year for all to see. Letting people in their 70s do twice as many engagements as them has become usual for those two.

wannable

Archewell website published their own tax form as per law or you post annual finance signed by an certified auditor. They chose to publish the IRS tax.

QuoteThe nonprofit?s public IRS 990 filing, posted to Archewell?s official website, also revealed that the Beverly Hills-based organization raised just over $13 million from donors ? with $10 million coming from one exceedingly generous private benefactor.

In the form they declared one hour work a week 3million dispersed

Nightowl

Has anyone figured out the hours that the Sussex's have actually worked for any charity since they left the  royal family?  Oh, I know they don't have to report or work any more for any body, yet they love their titles and still want to be in the news to be seen and heard as royals.  People bitch and complain about the Wales not working yet I bet their hours of work far out way the Sussex's by miles. Just take the year the Sussex's left, those few months against the Wales...

wannable

I posted their IRS, which they published in their Archewell website, they stated to work 1 hour a week.

Even if it is to reduce their taxes significantly, declaring that and to have 1 employee only and that Archewell (including all the 10+ companies) they registered is in Delaware is sufficient to know their intentions, plans and the outcome of what and how they want their moneys to be from gross to net.

That is why my initial comment about Invictus Games is safe, it is a UK charity commission registry, the American one needs fixing, easy to do, but will they?

TLLK

Excellent news! The Duke of Sussex has strong ties to this organization and it will be wonderful to see him present at the awards ceremony.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 24, 2023, 02:13:13 PM
Excellent news! The Duke of Sussex has strong ties to this organization and it will be wonderful to see him present at the awards ceremony.

Yes, the WellChild Awards have always been close to Harry?s heart and he shows interest in everything these families have to say about their lives.

TLLK

I'm just happy that these types of events can be held in person again.

wannable

Victoria Ward
@victoria_ward
Royal Reporter
The Daily Telegraph

The Duchess of Sussex will join Prince Harry in Dusseldorf for the majority of the @InvictusGamesDE, Archewell has confirmed.
Harry will be there from the opening ceremony on Sat 9th. They will both appear at the closing ceremony on the 16th

^ Including Omid Scobie, most of the RR's reporting have edited their X (tweet) stating Harry arrives the 9th, Meghan the 11th, the M arrival was edited out with the above new info - no date of joining.

changemhysoul

Good to hear that about Harry, it sucked that he wasn?t able to attend last year. Wish Meghan was going but I also support her not stepping a foot back inside of the UK!

I?m also glad she?s going to Invictus on the 11th, well be able to see her for most of the week! And like I said, again, I?m sure the one hour Sussex?s work (which, laughable, they definitely work more than that)  does more than most of the RF combined for a many years, in fact, Meghans work history before marrying in out-pace.

All of that to say, WellChild or whatever charities for theirs that are successful aren?t because they have anything to the with the UK but the support their patron puts behind it.